[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>messing around with my phone >note 4 >keep getting
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: 1365306128074.png (3 KB, 186x186) Image search: [Google]
1365306128074.png
3 KB, 186x186
>messing around with my phone
>note 4
>keep getting notifications that my location is being searched
>it's google play services
>it has acces to my location, the ability to directly call or text someone, my "car speed" and a bunch of other shit

jesus fuck, how can I make my phone not botnet?
>>
turn off location services
>>
>>47775738
sure, but "google app" and "google play services", the shit that controls half the services my phone offers have locked in permissions that can control basically everything, even record audio and take pictures.

Like what the fuck
>>
Compile your own Android
Sideload APKs
>>
>>47775757
you cant really get around that
you can root and get rid of a lot of that shit but in general you can't avoid what /g/ calls "the botnet"
>>
>>47775724
Jesus it's literally telling you what things have access to for either "oh you're getting a call, pause myself so you can do the call phone thing." Not "OH YES NOW WE CAN MAKE A GODDAMN FUCKING PHONE CALL AS YOU BWAHAHA ULTIMATE POWER HOPE YOU LIKE PIZZA"

Fucking tard.
>>
>>47775811
so the whip is for killing the bugs that may walk over you
>>
>>47775724
get a laptop WWAN module
install gentoo
discard phone, you won't need that now
>>
>>47775724
throw your cellphone in the trash

there, problem solved.
>>
>>47775724
root, install app freezer of your choice and freeze/uninstall everything with google in its name
>>
>>47775811
>this is what lagdroid plebs actually believe
>>
>>47777143
>Implying iPhones built in apps don't do the same thing
The only reason you think otherwise is because you can't download useful apps other than kids games and bullshit. Also they make use of the same permissions in the same way anyways, they just don't let you know.
>>
Root it.
Install a ROM without Google applications, so without Google Play. Install F-Droid, the store with FOSS apps.

That's what I did.
Android can run without Google.
>>
>>47775724
>>47775757
Your location is being tracked so Google Now can tell you what movies are playing at the theater across the street, or what restaurants are around the corner.

This isn't malicious, but the fact that it gets added to a database of all your activity is.

Turn off location services. Disallow web history, location history, etc in Google Settings. That's a start.

To completely remove botnet, destroy phone. The unfortunate reality is that without botnet services, most of the things people do with phones are either incredibly gimped or completely unavailable.
>>
>>47775724
>tfw cm12s and got all this shit turned off in privacyguard
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.