[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Friendly reminder that if you're not an electrical or computer
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 8
File: download.jpg (7 KB, 223x226) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
7 KB, 223x226
Friendly reminder that if you're not an electrical or computer engineer, you're not qualified to use this board and need to gtfo. Don't let the door hit you in the ass.
>>
daily reminder that no computer engineer has ever been a success.
>>
>>47773041
I really wish all the stupid fucking smartphone threads would die.
>>
>>47773041
what about software engineers?
>>
>>47773058
seconded
>>
>>47773041
EE MASTER RACE REPORTING

CSfags are inferior and need to be hanged. They are the cancer of this board along with gaymers. Usually they are both because "I jst want 2 code and play sum gaymez".
>>
Friendly reminder if you're not a developer using GNU/Linux, you have no business being here. Go away, EE/CEfags, you're the cancer.
>>
File: mathphd.jpg (34 KB, 640x427) Image search: [Google]
mathphd.jpg
34 KB, 640x427
>>47773041
>implying I don't have a Ph,D, in math

stay pleb engineers
>>
>implying farming is not also technology
>>
File: 1425034838319.gif (152 KB, 400x267) Image search: [Google]
1425034838319.gif
152 KB, 400x267
I'm a developer with a CS degree. I have a ton of respect for the EE/CE guys, but most of them are terrible at programming, unless they branch off on their own and teach themselves, or their school places more emphasis on it than is the norm.

They had to take a few programming classes at my school, including one C++ class that was known for being difficult, and most of them struggled through it. Granted, I could tell it was a hard class for someone who hasn't really done any programming before. They came to me for help with some of the assignments. I went to a pretty big school that focused mainly on engineering.

A lot of them, maybe even a majority, will end up programming, because there's more jobs in software development than in the hardware side of things. Looking at the BLS handbook, there were 83k "computer hardware engineers" working in 2012, and over 1 million "software developers." Kind of shocking actually, I knew there would be a discrepancy but nothing that substantial.

So if you go this route, I guess be prepared to potentially wind up sharing an office with a fucking idiot like me...
>>
>>47773641
>Windows developer
Just kill yourself
>>
>>47773667
>developing software for an os with 80% market share
I don't see why he shouldn't
>>
>>47773944
Because he pretends to be a cool linux hacker. You should see his shitty desktop, you'd know where I come from.
>>
File: weabama.jpg (251 KB, 636x510) Image search: [Google]
weabama.jpg
251 KB, 636x510
>>47773667
I actually do full stack web development. So the backend does not run on Windows. Unfortunately I have to do the programming in Windows. That's how consulting works. The client sets the rules. I'm doing govvie work right now and they are still using Windows for their workstations. You aren't allowed to deviate. Zug zug.

There's actually a big push in the government toward open source, mainly to save money. The higher-ups get giddy when they hear open source. This isn't reported on very often, probably because most people don't know the difference between proprietary and open source software and free software, or don't care. But it's a thing that everyone should be happy about, if only because they don't want their tax money going directly into certain companies' coffers.

Of course industry was doing this years ago and the government plays catchup, but at least they are making an effort now (lel.) Thank you Obama-san?
>>
>>47774009
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l-8zQC-9Iok
>>
K
>>
>>47773041
EE/CE double major with a minor in CS here.

5.5 years for a bachelors is really wearing on me. I want to get a masters but I'm so tired of school.
>>
>>47773641
>I'm a developer with a CS degree. I have a ton of respect for the EE/CE guys, but most of them are terrible at programming

Well no shit. It's not even the focus of their degree plan, moron.

>I have [programming degree]. I have ton of respect for [not programming degree], but most of them are terrible at [programming].

Who would've fucking thunk.
>>
File: 1419536899335.png (378 KB, 1058x636) Image search: [Google]
1419536899335.png
378 KB, 1058x636
>>47775168
>Well no shit. It's not even the focus of their degree plan, moron.
Yeah, but it's what most of them end up doing, moron.

Did you miss that part?
>>
>Implying I don't have a summer job in IT and technology is my go to tinkering hobby
I'm a crossposter from /tv/, stay mad
>>
>>47774829
>EE/CE double major with CS minor
thats really retarded
you know you could've been done with your masters by now.
>>
>>47775168
What hes trying to say in a nice way is that these /g/ threads where EE and CE majors jerk themselves off at how much their degree is "worth" are fucking cancer and need to stop.
>>
>>47773152
No anon don't you know software isn't going anywhere and you need to major in hardware related fields? Anyone who thinks otherwise is living in a fantasy and that's why they always make these threads to prove to themselves that their degrees aren't worthless.
>>
>>47776119
They deserve it for having the best degrees
>>
>CE
>computer architecture focus
hope yall know how to use FPGAs, shit is getting real popular
>>
>>47773041
I'm a 30 year old NEET who uses Gentoo.
I like anime and some forms of gayming.
I have a waifu her name is Nepgear.
I will never amount to anything tryhards find worthwhile.
I don't give a fuck.
This is my home.
>>
Is being an electrical engineer even a good thing in America?
I thought only developing countries needed them.
>>
>>47776335
here, here!
>>
>>47773450
>implying I don't have a Ph,D, in math
Is this supposed to be a stupid fucking meme or something?
>>
>>47776343
Why, did America switch over to optical computing last night?
>>
>>47776455
Most EEs are pretty well versed in optics
>>
>>47773041
Mechanical engineering (and most fields of engineering, really) are still ok.
>>
>>47776335
>I'm a 30 year old NEET who uses Gentoo.
Can't believe people like this actually exist, do you have no self-respect
>>
Make me

Faggot
>>
>>47773041
>you're not qualified to use this board

Posts sub-par image.
>>
File: 1429983256557.png (125 KB, 275x267) Image search: [Google]
1429983256557.png
125 KB, 275x267
I'm in EE myself.
I don't care how much integral bullshit I have to so, I never want to touch a code in my life.
That's why I went with this and not CE
>>
>>47773152
Electrical engineers and computer engineers have engineering degrees. 99% of the people who call themselves software engineers are just coders from community college trying to sound important.
>>
File: ke.jpg (311 KB, 634x747) Image search: [Google]
ke.jpg
311 KB, 634x747
Out of my way enginerds, Physicist coming through
>>
>>47773304
>>47773058
>on technology board
>doesn't know how to use the built-in filter to hide things they don't like
y'all niggaz is stoopid.
>>
>>47776621
Jesus he is so unhealthy
>>
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 3264x2448
>>47776343
Yoh have no idea what EE is do you.

We make INtegrated Chips like what AMD and Intel do.

Think microprocessors, not wiring.
>>
>>47777274
Electrical Engineering = Power generation, motors etc

*Electronic* Engineering = Microcontrollers, etc
Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.