[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Sony
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: 329430-sony-logo.jpg (31 KB, 275x275) Image search: [Google]
329430-sony-logo.jpg
31 KB, 275x275
What went wrong?

>Juggernaut in the 80s and 90s
>Had the gaming and entertainment world by the balls for most of the 2000s
>Shitting the bed since the 2010s
>>
>>47745541
Its like paying a premium for chink electronics but you get bonus DRM.

Sony's answer has always been fuck the consumer add more DRM, that business model can't keep working when people increasingly prefer free open platforms and software.
>>
>>47745541
meh the PS4 seems fine, at least better than the xbox one
>>
>>47745541
China happened. They started producing good-enough gadgets for less money and Sony can't compete with that.
I mean they're trying, by releasing mediocre products at premium prices. Obviously that won't work for long.
>>
>>47746144

Setting the bar very high, I see...

Sony has been consistently over promising and under delivering since at least 1999.

Also, hilariously little effort was put into keeping the credit card information of their clients safe.
>>
>>47745541
Samshit, plain and simple.
What a shitty world we live in and it's going to get a whole lot shitter. Sony absolutely needs to survive.
>>
>>47745663
This, it's fucking ridiculous that I can't watch Netflix because Sony's servers are down. It's fucking horseshit, and I will never buy another Sony blu-ray player in the future.
>>
their cameras have always been pretty good in my eyes.

i mean their nex series had magnesium bodies at the same price as the canon rebel.
>>
>what went wrong?

The bubble popped. Its not just Sony, and its not just tech.
>>
>>47745541
They're on the road to recovery. They made a significant amount of money last quarter.
>>
>>47746226
>They made a significant amount of money last quarter.
Was it from everyone buying a PS4 for Bloodborne?
>>
>>47746164
It started when they removed Linux from the PS3
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.