[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Soundfa/g/s report in I'm going to get a MIDI controll
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3
File: midiconrtroller.png (335 KB, 782x563) Image search: [Google]
midiconrtroller.png
335 KB, 782x563
Soundfa/g/s report in

I'm going to get a MIDI controller and was wondering what you guys think of these few:

http://www.amazon.com/Novation-Launchkey-Instrument-Controller-Keyboard/dp/B00F9SWH8G/

http://www.amazon.com/Akai-Professional-MPK25-Keyboard-Controller/dp/B001SGWKR6/

http://www.amazon.com/Akai-Professional-MPK-MKII-Ultra-Portable/dp/B00IJ6QAO2/
>>
I own a Launchkey 61.
It's good. Though I'm sure someone else has a "elite" opinion on the matter.
It works and does what I need it to do.
>>
obviously the mpk25 is going to feel the best out of those three. all of those encoders seem like fun too.
the alesis vl25 is worth a look i think - the keys seem really nice, but then again youre looking for 25 key midi controllers, so i imagine thats not as much of a priority.
keystation + arduinome?
>>
get a full sized MPK dont be a faggot.
>>
>>47743235
I had a few MIDIs but i didnt use them nearly as much as my other synths. Your main concern would really be the response it has on hitting a fucking button so basically any MIDI should do the job
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4l4f5-kZirg

the only thing that has ever made me think that an mpk mini was anything other than an awful cheap piece of shit marketed to 14 year old b-boy edgelords
>>
>>47743235
>not using 88 keys
Those are all shit, get a real controller.
>>
Is Novation launchpad mini worth getting? Should I get the huge one instead?
>>
>>47743443
It might be a cheap piece of shit but it hardly matters with midi triggers
>>47744482
neither are worth getting IMO
bad experiences trying to get the first gen one to do anything remotely complex
>>
>>47744520

What about the Arturia minilab?
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (76 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
76 KB, 1280x720
>>47744554
>>
>>47744202
you don't need all 88 keys you stupid faggot

you can play most shit with 61, maybe even 49 keys
>>
Arturia Analog Laboratory 61 + V collection 3 reporting

ama
>>
>>47743235
Avoid novation with a 300 foot pole, even though they were acquired by focusrite the support is crap, automap is malware, so never expect to get anything of theirs running properly which is sad when focusrites cheap interfaces are decent.

Novation was ok 5 years ago, but they haven't updated since then.
>>
Here's the official quality scale for controllers as of now. I decree thus:
Akai>M-Audio>Arturia>Novation.
Launch pad is really poor quality. If you're running Ableton you should really get a push. that's the centerpiece of my setup and you really won't find a better designed or manufactured controller anywhere on the market, period. (made by akai btw)
korg, roland, and similarly reputable brands make good sets of keys if that's what you're after but if you want something with pads you should really go akai. launch pad is squishy and clicky and those are not things you want for good sequencing.
Nektar looks cool if you use reason but I've never handled one and also hate reason.
don't make me make an infographic.
>>
File: push_01_72dpi_rgb[1].jpg (486 KB, 1200x784) Image search: [Google]
push_01_72dpi_rgb[1].jpg
486 KB, 1200x784
>>47745668
behold the glory
>>47745270
this guy gets it.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.