[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
sup /g/, I'm looking for a burning LASER. Something I
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2
File: 5327.jpg (97 KB, 705x470) Image search: [Google]
5327.jpg
97 KB, 705x470
sup /g/,

I'm looking for a burning LASER.

Something I can light tinder / matches / candles with.

Are they sold on Amazon? (I only ask because I happen to need one for very particular reason, but a relative gave me an Amazon gift certificate).
>>
>>47705144
Use the laser inside any DVD writer.
>>
>>47705161
is there a diy guide for this?
>>
>>47705211
Seconded.
>>
>>47705161
its not powerful enough i think to make fire
not sure though
>>
>>47705211
>open bluray writer
>get laser
It's not fucking quantum surgery.
>>
>>47705144
>can anyone buy extremely dangerous dvices online?
Do you live in America or another 2nd or 3rd world country?
>>
Whose house do you want to burn down, OP?
>>
>>47705144
check out Deal Extreme, op. search on "lasers".
http://dx.com
>>
>>47705144
wicked lasers stopped shipping to the US because they got bought out and the new owners got cold feet. Biglasers.com still sells them though. when last I looked they had the higher-power ones in a variety of colors. You want at least 150mw to start fires, more if you can afford it. Expect to pay a few hundred bucks.
>>
>>47705345

well, a fork can easily be an extremely dangerous device.

granted, it's easier to 'inadvertently' cause damage, or do so without anyone noticing you're the culprit when you have something like a laser that can project the mechanism of action.
>>
>>47705694
>muh fork amendment
>>
>Are they sold on Amazon?

You know, you could just go to Amazon and see for yourself.

If not, try bitlasers.com
>>
>>47705161
no, u need a blu-ray writer/reader
>>
When you get it I recommend shooting it at anything that moves in the sky. Pilots love it.
>>
i believe it's illegal to ship lasers past a certain power
doesn't mean nobody online is selling them though
>>
File: Capture.jpg (36 KB, 255x386) Image search: [Google]
Capture.jpg
36 KB, 255x386
>>47705345
>2nd or 3rd world country
you don't know what those words mean
>>
>>47705432
Those are pretty bad value.
There are sites where you can get ~2W for $100.
>>
>>47705144
Why don't you spend your money on something useful
>>
>>47708456
>I only ask because I happen to need one for very particular reason
>>
>>47708475
For what reason?
>>
>>47707513
Arctic lasers or something like that
>>
>>47708484
I don't know, I'm not OP.
>>
>>47708484
A Laser "9/11" Drone
>>
>>47707543
>clapistan and autistralia are 1st world
k m8
>>
>>47708529
You're going to attach it to a drone and annoy people around your city?
>>
>>47708537
Did you even read the pic?
>>
>>47705316
Good cuz quantum surgery is difficult.
>>
>>47705316
Obviously you've never done it before, the actual laser diode is very small and is amongst a bunch of glass and perspex prisms to focus and catch the light, secondly you need to get a new circuit board to deliver the power to the laser diode and solder that together and thirdly you need another prism to focus the light into a beam instead of the scattering that it'll currently be doing without a focusing lens.
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.