[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Ask a Sprint shill anything.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 2
File: sprint-logo.jpg (55 KB, 1612x846) Image search: [Google]
sprint-logo.jpg
55 KB, 1612x846
Ask a Sprint shill anything.
>>
>>47681580
Im not gonna samefag this.
>>
>>47681580
will you please kill yourself?
>>
>>47681614
Not for 50 hours a week at 12$/Hr and commission
>>
What are you doing with radioshack?
>>
First question, why are you willingly working for sprint?
>>
>>47681627
Basically, we are getting more stores because there isnt make Sprint sales stores. We get most online and people seem to fuck up billing massively.

>But this wasnt told to me online
>>
>>47681624
is that good money for you?
>>
>>47681654
Why not? I get unlimited Data and 3 S6's for 140 a month, plus Credit Union discount.

>>47681656
For me yeah, no kids, and I live with my grandfather paying the lightbill and internet bill. Hes not best of health and his Social Security hardly pays for shit.
>>
>>47681674
>>47681641
Sorry, thought i replied to you.
>>
>>47681580
>>47681641
What happened to Dan Hesse?
What is Marcelo like?
Thoughts on Charlie Ergen
How did you screw up Wimax/Clear?
What is the deal with Comcast/Dish
Was the T-mobile merger real?
What was the Softbank buyout like?
How will it feel to the fourth number carrier in the U.S.?
Why do y'all still pffer unlimited plans?
Why did you shelve One Up for EasyPay?
Why would still charge $10 prenium data fee for old unlimited plan
Why did you get rid of the Unlimited Guaranteed plans
Why reduce your roaming MB and roaming calling
Why did LTE take so long
What happened with Nextel
>>
>>47681674
When I worked for radioshack I got Unlimited Talk Text and MMS and 4gigs of Data with tethering for 40 a month. No contract and 100 dollar off ATT's store New/Upgrade price on a new phone every year.
>>
>>47681624
Curious, what do your paychecks average at that rate/hours?
>>
How do you become a shill for a company?

what do you do that makes them want to pay you?
>>
Can I come back to your wireless provider after being kick off (violating terms of service->tether)
What is up with your BYOD program?

http://www.prepaidphonenews.com/2014/05/banned-phones-tracking-sprint-blacklist.html

http://www.prepaidphonenews.com/2015/02/sprints-blacklist-is-gone-but-byosp-is.html
>>
>>47681768
>How do you become a shill for a company?
not op, but im assuming he works the floor selling phone to retard like you who can infer.
>>
Where are you based location wise?
>>
>>47681729
>Dan Hesse
Pretty much he tried to take on Sprint while it was in this huge clusterfuck and decided it was a bad idea.
>Marcelo
No idea, havent talked to the guy. I just get a good paycheck.
>WiMax
WiMax is pretty much HSPA+, just slower but sounded nice.
>Comcast/Dish
Just a way for them to offer cellphone ontop, like Comcast and Verizon now. They just dont want people to cancel service because Verizon is fuckall expensive. Good service though...
>T-Mobile
Yeah, but someone shouted "Monopoly"
>Softbank
I wasnt in when that went down
>4th in the nation
IDGAF
>Unlimited plans
Yeah
>One Up
Easy pay is easier to deal with
>10$ on the old unlimited
To get people out of the contracts
>Unlimited Guarantee
We still have it
>Roaming
To get people to pay more, not joking.
>LTE
Sprint almost went bankrupt.
>Nextel
It is still a option for huge company's wanting directconnect
>>47681751
3k a month
>>47681768
Make the bills not seem that bad
>>47681824
Florida
>>
>>47681783
If your phone isnt blacklisted, yeah. We dont look at other company's termination terms.
>BYOP
As long as its not blacklisted youre fine
>>
>>47681834
OP Here, wanted to get that out before people thing i abandond

Nextel plans and discounts are still in our computers, we just dont advertise to normal customers.
>>
>>47681859
>>47681834
Thanks!
>>
the best way to cripple sprints network?
>>
>>47681932
You cant at a customer level. Get into a cooperate computer and you might shut down some towers.
>>
>>47681580
why CDMAids?
>>
File: wheresthisnetwork.jpg (10 KB, 300x168) Image search: [Google]
wheresthisnetwork.jpg
10 KB, 300x168
>>47681932
>>
>>47681580
sprint has the worst coverage, oldest firmware, and most uninstallable bloatware
>>
>>47681959
Youre not telling me anything i dont already know.
>>47681954
More handle on the phones, for many reasons. Yes, one being to keep them on the network.
>>
>>47681834
>3k/month
thats not bad, to stand in a climate controlled room shilling.
>>
>>47681990
Exactly.
>>
>>47681580
tell us the magic phrase so we can get a 50% discount on our monthly bill
>>
>>47682002
Tell the 1800 number that you will cancel if you dont find a way to lower the bill. People in the stores literally cant do anything other than flipflop plans around to save you ike 20 a month at max.
>>
>>47681954
cdma is the objectively better frequency. you get more penetration through surfaces
>>
>>47681580
Are you just a retail employee or do you work in corporate?

My last company often contracted for Sprint, building out their indoor antenna systems with their EXTREMELY shitty eFemtos (enterprise femtocells), and I had the misfortune of being the lead engineer for those projects. Did that network finally collapse under its own shit?
>>
>>47682046
Im going to CDMA your mom, faggot.
>>
>>47682065
Nevermind OP, I read through some of your posts and you are seemingly a retail employee.

It is unfortunate that Sprint is mismanaged so much.
>>
>>47682093
Indeed retail. Sprint is just trying to get unified at the moment, not even trying to shill. Once it gets all the corporate shit on a handle, you will see it get better. They have money, but not much income, thats why its still afloat.
>>
will you nerds every get blackberry classics or better windows phones?
>>
>>47682170
The only people interested in BB is company's, and we are about to get a huge line of WP.
>>
>>47682187
So is that a no on BB and any word on which WP? any flagship devices? getting low end 635 shit sucks.
>>
>>47682201
When windows gets its dick out of nokia, then yeah.
>>
>>47682040
bah. that only gets you a 3 month discount
>>
>>47682228
Whats your plan? Also, care to upload a bill with all your info cut out. I might be able to help.
>>
>>47682046
As an RF engineer (poster from >>47682065), I can tell you that this tends to be an irrelevant issue.

You can run any technology on any of the allocated cellular bands. E.g. you could run LTE on Sprint's 800 band, or their 1900 band, or ATT's 850 band, etc.

Which will actually happen. I've already designed quite a few systems for Verizon which have/will soon be VoLTE on all four bands (700, 850, 1900, AWS).

So Sprint could have CDMA on 800, or 1900. Or it could have LTE. Or it could have both on both (this is the case with the 1900 band in many areas; Sprint splits the power between CDMA and LTE).

Penetrating power of a frequency tends to be a more complicated issue than it seems on the surface.

For instance, 1900 PCS 1x EVDO for Verizon seems like it would have terrible penetrating power over something like 700 LTE; nearly 1/3 less the propagation.

However, LTE has a control channel that decides who gets picked up and what resources you get. This control channel of course does not take up as much bandwidth as an actual channel. Say for instance, your receive strength is -65 dBm, which is pretty fucking hot. The RSRP, i.e. the control, of a typical 600 resource block/10MHz channel width of VZW's 700 MHz LTE from that would be only -65 dBm - 10*log(600) dB = -92 dBm, which is rather weak (by today's standards), and even on 700MHz Upper-C block, that shit's not going to go very far.

However, that same -65 dBm output on a typical 1900 MHz 1x EVDO uses pilot power to control, which is 10% RSSI, or -75 dBm in this particular case, which would have considerably more power to spare to penetrate walls/go the distance.
>>
>>47682119
they only have money because of softbank, which is regretting their purchase.
>>
>>47682242
They wont in the long run. You have to remember, Sprint is a backbone connection in America. Comcast and other companys have to ride Sprint to get a good connection.
>>
>>47682240
Ooh I should add, worse case scenario with PCS 1xEVDO for VZW is 10 channels (which is the case for a dense market like Washington DC), so the actual pilot power would be, in this hypothetical but actually pretty realistic scenario:
(-65 dBm RSSI - 10*log(10 channels)) - 10*log(600 resource blocks for a typical 10MHz wide single channel LTE) = -85 dBm, which still has a pretty fair margin to penetrate more walls.

In a dense-ish office environment, that would mean it would go about two more layers of drywall further than 700 LTE RSRP.

This doesn't take into account that there is likely a different RSSI between the two by the time you get to the wall(s), or the different amplification of each band.

Let's just say there's a lot of shit that goes into this.
>>
>>47682285
net neutrality regulation. i expect in 5 years the internet will get overloaded and people will cry that carriers are not upgrading.
Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.