[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Android without Google
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 6
File: Android1.jpg (312 KB, 960x854) Image search: [Google]
Android1.jpg
312 KB, 960x854
Let's start talking about how to free yourself from Jewgle and start using your device as you should.

>How to
Unlock bootloader
Root
Install cyanogenmod
do not install GAPPS
Install F-Droid
Stop using google for everything.

>Apps
Contact and Calendar sync: DAVdroid
Camera: Open Camera
Music player: Apollo
Maps: OsmAnd + μg UnifiedNlp for GAPPS-free devices
E-Mail: K-9 Mail
Browser: Firefox
Podcasts: AntennaPod
Studying: AnkiDroid
Messaging: You can still use Telegram and Whatsapp without GAPPS.
Shitposting: Clover
>>
>>47669871
>how to free yourself from Jewgle
throw away your android, get a flipphone
>>
>>47669871
You're still using Android®, which means the Google cult still has their grasp on you. The only way out is to build your own phone and program your own OS.
>>
>>47669871
I ditched the google playstore and all google provided apps. Just installed a vanilla android rom on my galaxy gio. This thing got a speedboost in ram, so much less shit running in the background. I sideload my apps. (just get the APK from the net).
Life is good without google.
>>
>>47669871
If you want a google play store replacement (for albeit still proprietary apps) you can use this MIT licensed apk downloader app:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2767595
>>
Who actually gives a fuck?

Are that many people actually this autistic?
>>
>>47672379
Calm down. Having google apps rapes sometimes bat life. mine improved after getting rid of shit i never use from google.
Because
>less processes running=Less bat consumption
>it's that easy
>>
>>47672411
How many bats does your processes consume sir?

Mine averages 3 daily. Fucking hard to feed the little shits
>>
>>47669871
>Install Cyanogenmod
Change that for AOSP and you're golden.
>>
>Android without Google
>that's like trying to breathe air without oxygen and surviving off the nitrogen
>stupid fucking people will be the death of us all
>>
>>47672550
That sounds quite crickey, old chap.
>>
>>47672616
What the fuck did you say about me, you cis rapist? I'll have you know I graduated top of my class in gender studies, and I've been involved in numerous public raids on 4chan, and I have banned over 300 misogynist shits. I am trained in not citing my sources and I'm the top land whale in the entire Tumblr army. You're nothing to me but another trigger. I will ban you the fuck out with butthurt the likes of which have never been seen on this Earth, mark my fucking words. You think you can get away with raping me over the Internet? Think again, cis white boy. As we speak I'm contacting my secret network of landwhales all over #stopgamergate and your account is being rustled right now so you better prepare your jimmies, sexist pig. The media will biasly slander out the pathetic little thing you call a gender. You're fucking dead, rapist. I can be anywhere, anytime, and kill you with my massive fat folds, and that's just with my bare keyboard. Not only am I extensively trained in being triggered, I have access to the entire arsenal of Tumblr, and I will use it to its full extent to send death threats to your family all over the fucking Internet, fucking patriarchal bitch. If only you could have known what raging hormone filled butthurt your little "clever" comment was about to bring down on you, maybe you would have circumcised yourself. But you couldn't, you didn't, and now you're paying the price, you goddamn PTSD inducing troll. I will shitpost all over you and you will choke on your own injustice. You're fucking dead, cis boy.

>inb4 banned for using incomplete words or abbreviations
>>
>>47672602
It's about not using google apps, you mong. It's not about separating from google and making android a standalone OS.
For example, If i use my calender, i don't want to fucking sync it with my gmail account. But you cant turn it off and it bugs you everytime. So i just got rid of that shit.
>>
>>47672658
>could have answer in funny original way
> posts this unfunny cancer

-.-
>>
>>47672673
Yo I'm a cool kid and I got a cool rap,
I'm gonna show all ya'll on /g/ where it's at,
I ain't no newfag or none of that crap,
My funky lyric's will give you a heart attack!
I got the dankest memes, the honies love me,
I melt steel beams when I make the whoopee.
I always get dubs, trips, even quads,
You jelly that I always defy the odds?
Don't give a damn about your fuckin' dress,
I ain't your fag, I'm here to impress!
I'll blow ya mind with my dancin' skills,
When I play Call o' Duty I rack up the kills!
Well I've come to the end of my epic rap,
>green text
Open the door, get on the floor,
everybody do the dinosaur.
>>
>>47672659
Compile bare bones aosp with no gapps. What are you on about?
>>
>>47672746
Or just not installing gapps.
>>
>>47669871
You do realise that android is written by google and is probably full of backdoors and is stealing your info anyway.
>>
>>47673335
That would be bad. Still no reason no to get rid of all proprietary google apps that send your info for sure.
And if any aosp phone would send your data out to some google servers anyway you could easily test that and just look at all the traffic from your phone in wireshark or something like that while you don't browse the internet or do anything like that.
I see more of a problem in the proprietary hardware. Baseband chips and such.
>>
how do I youtube without the app? is the in-browser version good enough?
>>
>>47673489
Firefox works for me on android. Can even let audio/video run in another tab in the background or while the browser is completely in the background.
>>
>>47669871
How long until the custom ROMs are available for GS6?
>>
>>47674203
It's Exynos. These koreans can do whatever they want.
>>
>>47672720
4/10, i wasnt even gon respond to dis shit but damn. yall be butt hurt as a motherfuker. fuckin craka ass muthfuckers trying run up shit and got them asses handed to em. wutchu get when u run a muk with that loose jaw of yours. austin texas showing love too, man, shout out to eastside man them niggas up there be testin' these hippe faggots
Ain't nothing changed man, we still get money out here, royalty forever in this bitch, take no shit from no one nigga, you know what I'm saying? One time for the one time man, real nigga stand up and beat OPs ass a new one Two times for the bad bitches, three for the rich you know what I'm talking about moot? Money talk, bullshit walkin' marathon.
Real niggas know what I'm talking about royalty forever motherfucker. husteling forever motherfucker, get used to it, Motherfucking eastside stand up, austin, L-town. We in this bitch like we fucking a dog or some shit my nigga. Man y'all motherfuckers already know what it is, royalty forever in this bitch, bitch niggas fall back. yall 4chan pussyass niggas know nothin about dat life. real recognize real and y'all sucka niggas ain't it. talk all u want on the internet faggots. you feel me? man don't watch me, watch TV and see this shit, niggas be rulen the world.
Man we gettin' that white people money, you heard that? my president is black, my civic is black, and mah girl is white motherfucker. royalty all day, we droppin' racks in Nordstroms son That's racks on racks damn it. You feel me? This is the part where most people would say something crazy like call me a nigga or something but it anit even matter, we online son, face to face and yo ass getin droped like the fools back in ATL. now go back to masterbating and waitin 4 that text from her that aint ever comin u faggot while i go back to slammin my white side bitch
I'm out!
>>
Is there any alternative to twilight? I want good sleep.
>>
File: 1428667799341.png (85 KB, 298x314) Image search: [Google]
1428667799341.png
85 KB, 298x314
>>47669871
>Browser: Firefox

I want to but the only official download is in the Google app store.
>>
What about the games?
>>
>>47674599
Why don't you use fennec F-droid?
>>
>>47674599
By the way, you can also download it from Mozilla's ftp servers.

https://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/mobile/releases/latest/android-api-11/multi/
>>
>>47674646
I looked there but I must have missed it. Thanks!
>>
>>47674668
You're welcome. Enjoy your freedom.
>>
>>47674557
Just saw that the feature is already in my CyanogenMod.
>>
>>47674615
best game i ever played on mobile is called jetcar stunts. its is like a mobile trackmania and the controls are the fucking shit.
>>
I have done this the last six month. Its was OK. Except that the Speaker and mic during the "hand free" calls had a horrible sound quality and people complained that they hear an echo of themselves while talking. Once I switched back to the regulare samsung ROM the problem was resolved.
In general it all nice and I respect the CM approach, but the basic functionalities should work
>>
How can I unlock bootlaoder with signing up?
https://motorola-global-portal.custhelp.com/app/standalone/bootloader/unlock-your-device-a/action/auth
>>
How does the standard email app in Android implement Exchange and why can't other email clients? Even on GNU/Linux desktops?
>>
>>47673489
Viral Popup

Faggit
>>
for the best apps you still need play store. even without play store and without gapps you are feeding google/android monopoly anyways. fuck googlization.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Googlization
>>
>>47675623
Yes, we lose things. I think it might be worth it, and it is what I am doing, but there might be an app you really need.
>>
>>47675377
http://www.elementalxdesigns.com/eclipse/showthread.php?6747-HOW-TO-Unlock-your-Moto-X-Developer-Edition-and-install-TWRP
>>
simple question: what is the best launcher?
>>
File: Screenshot_2015-04-24-21-37-11.png (2 MB, 1080x1920) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2015-04-24-21-37-11.png
2 MB, 1080x1920
>>47676201
I like apex because I can remove many elements and create something a bit minimalistic.
>>
>>47676172
>but there might be an app you really need.
Black Market+ Lucky Patcher and then xprivacy or afirewall to harden the app.
>>
>>47676642
Thanks, I'll try it and then include it in the copypaste.
>>
>>47676201
Google Now.
>>
>>47676711
I heartily concur with the fucking cunt.
>>
>buying an Android phone
>doesn't want Google

the fuck? That's like buying a Ferrari with an automatic.
>>
>>47676187
Still leads me to the moto sire where I need a google account
>>
>>47676849
>Driving a manual.
Ever try going forward with your wheel all the way to the left going up a hill?
>Having to use two feet to stop.
ayylmao
>>
>>47676849
>impliying you didn't get better performance with manual transmission
>>
>>47676921
Just get a slap stick automatic, fuck manual clutches.
>>
>>47676909

>Ever try going forward with your wheel all the way to the left going up a hill?

Yes, you retard. You shift in to first gear, you turn the wheel, press the clutch, slowly release the handbrake and brake at the same time while giving gas.

It sounds complicated, but if you have half a brain cell and can comprehend how basic things work, it is very easy.
>>
>>47676982
So basically you have to push 3 pedals pull a lever and turn a wheel to get the car to go the direction you want.

XD

It IS complicated, and even if you are used to doing that you can fuck it up, its far quicker in an automatic.
>>
What benefit do I gain from this? I don't see much wrong with Google.
>>
>>47669871
iOS, Android, Ubuntu, Mozilla, Jolla

Am I forgetting any?
>>
>>47677104
if you really have to ask this you are on the wrong board and you should leave. if anything do not post again for a long time
Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.