[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
music tech
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: index.jpg (7 KB, 259x194) Image search: [Google]
index.jpg
7 KB, 259x194
how does keyboard manufactures still stay alive?
Plugins or Vsts are way way better than buying hardware decidcated.
For instance, i got the korg krome and realized that my smartphone has more capabilities that that piece of shit keyboard.

my smartphone can:
1. sample and playback
2. use music software like Caustic 3, just needs a sound library.
3. can emulate turntables or samplers and romplers.
4. can export to WAV or MP3 and midi data. just need a midi controller if you want.

korg krome is a piece of shit. how does music manufactures havent caught on on making better hardware and expansion?
>>
>>47653433
-most musicians don't want to deal with laptops/midi during live performance

-many keyboards are sold to people who aren't interested in computers, such a churches

-hardware is much more practical than VSTs for many musicians
>>
>>47653433
>Plugins or Vsts are way way better than buying hardware decidcated.

that is simply not true. If you want all of what you listed you buy a fucking workstation and not a digital piano. Jackass...
>>
>>47653455
I mean, if you have a Prophet V.

But most keyboards and synths are so basic that it would be more useful to use them as MIDI controllers than actual keyboards.

Anyways, stealth MIDI controller thread.
I'm planning on getting an Ableton Push. A bit overpriced (I'm importing. $1k here fuk dat shit maine), but the license is included and I haven't seen a better controller.
>>
>>47653498
>you buy a fucking workstation and not a digital piano
>>47653525
>to use them as MIDI controllers than actual keyboards

these guys know what they're talking about

now, that being said, what do you peeps think about the korg ms20 mini?
>>
File: maxresdefault (4).jpg (171 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (4).jpg
171 KB, 1920x1080
If your talking synthesizers I can tell you what makes hardware better than digital

>Real
>Time
>Parameter
>Automations
Nothing is as fun a twisting the filters on a hardware synth
>>
>>47653433
musician technician here
how do you plan on impressing people with sick piano skills, if you no piano? you just gonna whip out your smart phone, 'ayy look I can play mary had a little lamb'
no you cuck
use all of your fucking fingers and play some damn free hand jazz.
VST's are the bridge between your fingers pressing down on real keys to software. no one uses their mouse to click on keys unless checking out how your sound design is coming out
I'm sorry you bought a shit keyboard. perhaps you should meet someone with more social status than you and bring them to guitar hero next time

fuck I bit that bait hard

>>47653557
that korg is fucking sexy
>>
Hey g. I wanna buy a 88 key keyboard.
For musical reasons.
What is a good keyboard?
>>
>>47653601
Aaaaaand I am a poorfag.
Willing to work
>>
>>47653601
get the best thing you can for your price range. that's a really hard question though. do you want something with pre loaded sounds? wanna make your own sounds? weighted keys? just an interface for your DAW?
if you're just getting something to practice on, I'd get the most reasonably priced board with weighted keys. check reviews to make sure it'll last a long time too
>>
>>47653580
ive been playing piano by ear since i was 7. im really good. vsts are way way way better than they were in 2004. Since ive been playing by ear for so long, i can pick out what sounds convincing and what doesnt.
an average listener couldnt tell the difference between a vst made song vs a real instrumentation.
the most master class VSTs are around the price range where the full sets are up to $11,000. I have the means of acquiring this.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m00W14KqqOo

>>47653601
if you got a computer or a laptop, just get yourself 88 key midi controller and a standalone plugin.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2e4tfwOb-_k
>>
>>47653641
not gonna lie, I have no idea what's so special about that VST. it just looks like it's playing sound fonts
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.