[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are you fucking kidding me?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4
File: tmp_7425-95-landmate1820355191.jpg (96 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
tmp_7425-95-landmate1820355191.jpg
96 KB, 1920x1080
Why are these things not real yet? It seems so practical for anything. Construction. Hazmat. Fire and rescue. Police.

Fuck that stupid exosuit the military or whoever developed. The technology has been around for like EVER (power source? Whocaresthrowgaspoweredgeneratorintoit). Big dog. Wild cat. Those self driving car races they have testing tech for the vehicles to "see" with. All of this stuff is old old news.

Even older? GE's walking truck from the 60s using a fucking gas powered motor and hydraulics. Either you are a complete fucking idiot for believing shit like that isn't already improved upon by the military, or your fucking stupid for not having improved upon it.

I mean come on people.
>>
> It seems so practical for anything.
how? they would be incredibly energy inefficient, dangerous and EXPENSIVE

>The technology has been around for like EVER
For a fully modular and wireless suit that doesn't suck ass and require constant maintenance and monitoring by engineers?
>>
>>47560473
Slow speed, high cost, hard maintenance, fuel/energy consumtion
>>
>>47560473
Also because you are fucking stupid.
>>
Sauce on pic?
>>
>>47560473

Believe me friend, I want mechs and power armor as much as the next sensible person, but it's just not going to happen unless we're dealing with infrastructure or creatures hundreds of times larger than we have to deal with now.

Because honestly? Most businesses (and the government!) aren't going to spend $200,000 to protect a single scrub when you could use that money to equip 200 scrubs pretty decently. A human life just isn't worth that much.
>>
>>47560530
google.com
>>
>>47560568
*gasp* No way;
>>
Every single technological advancement that could make Mechs a reality would be put to better use further enhancing conventional vehicles.
>>
>tfw dozens of test subjects have been ripped apart in their powered exoskeletons

But ok OP, mass produce that shit.
>>
>>47560473
Seems unpractical and costly. It's like that robot that cooks the human way with two arms instead of coming up with faster processes for every step.
>>
File: Clipboard01.jpg (106 KB, 958x722) Image search: [Google]
Clipboard01.jpg
106 KB, 958x722
>>47560473
/k/ dropping in
Multiple mechanical exoskeletons are in development under a huge DARPA umbrella project the end goal of which is to produce an uparmored individual soldier
Laminated ballisitic steel armor plates like those from AMI go above and beyond their NIJ rating, and advancement across the industry is astounding
Weaponized lasers a few decades ago were total sci fi. Then they became something research labs played around with. Then something that was theorized in how best to deploy. Now we have laser systems that can shoot down an ICBM during its boost phase. Have have vehicle mounted lasers for destroying IEDs and taking out drones.
In small arms development the LSAT project is the greatest achievement in caseless and cased telescoping ammo ever. It allows a soldier to carry. A lighter, smaller package ultimately yields a greater potential volume of more controllable fire and makes the soldier that much more effective.
"Smart fabrics" with imbedded sensors, energy harvesting tech, and artificial muscle are being trialed by several companies and universities
Batteries tech is advancing on every front in hundreds of different directions.Charge time, charge cycles, increased total capacity with different anode and cathode materials. There is even incredibly strong headway being made in commercially viable sugar based batteries that outperform current li-on cells by a substantial margin.

Every individual component exists separately, and may have existed for years, but that doesn't mean it was technically combined them all into one bug free platform years ago. It takes a long time to work out the kinks. The first automobiles were nothing like cars we have today, but if you used the same logic you'd be saying
>hurr durrr we had gas powered cars for over a hundred years, why haven't we mastered flying cars yet
>>
>>47560755
Pardon my drunken typos and check them digits
>>
File: jemaine_Why.jpg (13 KB, 278x215) Image search: [Google]
jemaine_Why.jpg
13 KB, 278x215
>>47560755
Why even throw a person into it?

Seems a bit silly when you could just have a remotely controlled terminator walking around.
>>
>>47560473
And again newfags that have no idea what they are talking about
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V87lSB5XWVs
Every day is newfag day on /g/.
>>
>>47560473
I'm glad I don't go to /v/. You people are the next level of genuine stupidity.
>>
>>47560781
The human element is dependable when it comes to making judgement calls on the ground, and remote control systems aren't reliable enough to be depended on for every situation.
>>
>>47560822
Why bother going to /v/ when we can go to /g/ - Consumer Technology and get it anyways, amirite?
>>
>>47560803
That's not the same thing as OP's.
>>
>>47560881
The Wright brothers' first plane wasn't a fighter jet.
>>
>>47560881
Its in development smartass,if you can find one similar project to this i would be glad to hear.
idiot
>>
File: t52-enryu04.jpg (181 KB, 1277x854) Image search: [Google]
t52-enryu04.jpg
181 KB, 1277x854
>>47560473
Nips got you covered OP
>>
>>47560957
That's chinese, dude.
>>
>>47561296
its made by a jap company
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.