[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
https://www.kickstarter.com/project s/1381437927/endless-com
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 5
File: photo-original.png (800 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
photo-original.png
800 KB, 1024x768
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1381437927/endless-computers/description

Why do people back this shit /g/?
>>
Because they have money to waste away in dumb shit. Capitalism 101
>>
Kickstarter people are smart. They know who to pander to to get money:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/girlgenius/girl-genius-graphic-novel-a-new-journey-begins
>>
>>47524404
>https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1381437927/endless-computers/description
It looks prettier than a rasPi.
>>
>>47524449
That's by the same bloke who designed the BSD daemon m8.
>>
I like how they talk about how they intend it to be used with a tv, but it doesn't even have composite video out. Because we just assume everybody in poor underdeveloped countries have access to hdtvs.
>>
Is this the ouya 2?
>>
>>47524612
Pretty much, make a kickstarter account and shit on their comments so the plebs understand.
>>
>>47524404
>listing CPU as only "Dual Core CPU up to 2.17GHz

When will people stop giving these scam artists their money?
>>
>>47524449
God damn, she looks like she smells absolutely awful.
>>
http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_1?url=search-alias=aps&field-keywords=chromebox
>>
>>47524404
Illiteracy
>>
>>47524745
haha
>>
>170 bucks
get one of those 7" win 8 tablets they are around 80 bucks and run windows or Linux
>>
>>47524449

Girl Genius is good. I read quite a bit of it when I was younger. Maybe you spend so much time on 4chan that you assume it's some "gurls can be smart too" feminist nonsense, but that's a legitimately good comic. It's a fun, nerdy steampunk adventure. Or "gaslamp fantasy," as the author and literally no one else calls it.

Don't compare Girl Genius to this crap, please. This is bullshit that is inferior in every way to existing products and is marketed based on guilt. Girl Genius is cool.

>>47524451

It looks like a butt plug.
>>
>>47524516

Does it at least have VGA? I believe most TVs have VGA, not that I've owned a TV in ten years.

For some reason the video doesn't work on my PC. It's about the size of a postage stamp. For anyone else, the same video is on Youtube:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_cL9cXPqp98
>>
>>47524776

Seriously? Holy fucking shit are these backers retarded.
>>
>Almost 5 billion people do not have computers. A computer can mean access to information, health, livelihood, and jobs in our global economy. It is opportunity, if you can only access it.

Well no fucking shit, if they really cared about impoverished niggers with no access to muh intranetz they would make it a cheap "generic black box" they despise so much to bring down the price of added RCA output.
Also ditch the usb3.0, who the fuck in africa/india will use usb 3.0 in the next decade
>>
File: ss (2015-03-31 at 11.12.17).jpg (23 KB, 291x402) Image search: [Google]
ss (2015-03-31 at 11.12.17).jpg
23 KB, 291x402
>>47524449
>Proud, steampunk, Harry Potter-esque, thick, SMART girl with a popped left boob.
>>
smirked
>>
>>47524404
>Using KickstarterĀ®
Have fun when your bank account's gone!
>>
Holy fuck this is a scam of epic proportions. IBM already did this. It's $100.
>>
>>47524866

It's been a long time since I've read it. I don't remember it being like that at all. You can boil any character down to a list of obnoxious traits, but I enjoyed the comic and it is quite popular and well-received.

Even if you hate the comic, it isn't Kickstarter baiting. It has fans who would support it no matter what the video says.
>>
>>47524892

Every subsequent prototype ran Linux, and was terrible.
>>
Why do they need a desktop when they have smartphones?
>>
Kickstarter is extreme capitalism. Investors don't get any benefits or say in the product. Just look at the occulus rift.

I'm not a commie.
>>
File: 1413415801311.jpg (24 KB, 453x453) Image search: [Google]
1413415801311.jpg
24 KB, 453x453
>almost 5 billion people don't have computers!
>a $170 Raspberry Pi will fix that!
>>
>>47524404
>isn't even more affordable than a second hand laptop.
>doesn't even have composite out, something a shitty 3rd world tv would most likely have.

OP, people back this shit because people are retarded. all kickstarter is now is just people shitting out variations of the same "revolutionary" ideas or seeing who can pander hardest to the feelings of "privleged" people. every once and a while a gem comes through, but it's rare.
>>
No one's going to mention that he calls a computer a "CPU tower"?

I also doubt all their flashy animations actually work that smoothly on a real machine.
>>
>>47524943
muh tuxracing
>>
>Dual core CPU up to 2.17Ghz
>2GB RAM
>Gnome3
It's going to crash like the 4U9525
>>
>>47525002
>Not fitting a dual E7 xeon in it
What are you, a third worlder?
>>
>>47524516
this
>>47524815
not in brazil schools they dont
>>
>>47524404
y'all don't get that this actually is about the software package. from what they tell me, I expect it to be great.

they should make it freedums to give back to the linux community
>>
>>47524516
That's hilarious.
At least a raspi has that.
>>
>>47524855
Holy shit, how do you justify 170 dollars?
Slap a raspi in a box and preload debian on it, or something.
But 170?!
>>
>>47525069
the new ones, no
>>
>>47524815
>most TVs have VGA
Yeah, no, they don't.
People in 3rd world countries have old CRTs, if they have a TV at all.
>>
>>47525089
How do you justify a macbook? It's the same shit, you're just paying for the pretty package
>>
>>47525159
well, computers worked with crts a long time ago. not that much of an innovation :^)
>>
>>47525158
Old ones do though.

>>47525164
I don't have a macbook.

Plus, very, very different contexts.

When you're trying to get a computer to as many impoverished people as possible, 170 is insane.
>>
>>47525173
I have never owned a computer that could connect to a CRT TV. Not that I would want ultra-low definition.
>>
TVs are shit for computers. They suck at displaying text, especially the old TVs this crap will hook up to. On my TV, which is only about five years old, you have to jack the font size way up to be able to read it.

Notice that their demo uses an actual computer monitor, not the sort of TV the people will actually use.

>>47525053

Then put the software package on non-shit hardware and focus on the software.

And I'm really skeptical it will be any good. Will it be stable? Will it be fast? The UI is dumbed down, but is it actually easy to use? Doesn't it hide necessary power?
Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.