[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>I took EE instead of CS Feels good man, luckily I didn't
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 7
File: 1428161493044.png (118 KB, 1000x963) Image search: [Google]
1428161493044.png
118 KB, 1000x963
>I took EE instead of CS

Feels good man, luckily I didn't fall in to the CS trap.
>>
>>47523943
>not dropping out from cs
it's the best justification you can get for not going to uni
>>
>>47523943
Good job. You did good anon.
>>
Why not study History and Archaeology so you can find some of the only true rare pepe's left?
>>
>stemnigger
Yeah, but you still fell for the bigger trap, idiot.
>>
>>47524027
what are you talking about nigger, the only thing that might be better is economics (or law for the good pay)
>>
>>47523943
>took CE instead of CS
>literally all math and shit, almost nothing to do with computers for the first 3 years
>still can't do anything useful with a computer
fuck
>>
File: 1429047600347.png (142 KB, 1000x963) Image search: [Google]
1429047600347.png
142 KB, 1000x963
>>
I'm glad you found something that makes you happy, OP, but be careful. It sounds like you're getting obsessed about casting yourself in contrast to CS, which seems like a pretty unhealthy obsession to have.
>>
>>47524055
Did you not realize that you took an engineering degree? You have to learn the engineering part first before you can use that knowledge to analyze and design computer components.
>>
>>47524119
I'm glad you enjoy taking time out of your schedule to dole out advice to other posters, anon, but be careful. It sounds like you're getting obsessed with calling other people obsessed, which seems like a pretty unhealthy obsession to have.
>>
>>47524055
>still can't do anything useful with a computer

What about like VHDL and digital synthesis?
>>
>>47524055
Wtf where you expecting? You haven't done any small hardware projects or anything? You are fucking useless. Drop out now.
>>
>>47524158
I definitely did jump into it, having screwed around throughout most of my summer post HS and really didn't do a sufficient amount of research.
I'm not doing bad at all, but it's just that I'm in my 2nd undergrad year, and of the 13 courses I've had only two were strictly CS related and I've only studied C (and not that well at that). I just wish we'd done more programming shit. It's probably mostly my fault for not taking the matter into my hands, but the hours are pretty tough already and when I'm not studying or having some sort of social life (>engineers\n>knowing how to party\npick one) I like to shitpost on the chan.

>>47524220
le what?
>>
>>47524055
what kind of CE are you taking. im taking real CE and we have math balanced with some EE and programming
>>
>took ME, dodging the fabled CS trap
>failed the first year because I was too autistic to leave my room

Haha, stupid CS faggots, right?
>>
File: 1361452744614.jpg (124 KB, 800x533) Image search: [Google]
1361452744614.jpg
124 KB, 800x533
>tfw in 4. semester and thinking about dropping out of CS

Being wageslave does not sound much better.
>>
>>47524292
>le what?

Not that guy, but seriously. You're in your second year and you haven't started that yet?
>>
>>47524049
Even if engineering paid much less I would rate it above law/econ. For the simple reason that engineers can make useful things everyone wants. I used to wonder how lawyers made it through the day without suffering panic attacks of meaninglessness, then I realized how common alcoholism was for them.

Ditto for economists. They're like MBAs who don't even run an actual business, so they just tell everybody how things should work, then get BTFO by reality. If you're a level 99 economist then maybe the press will lionize you as you destroy the economy.

Prove me wrong.
>>
>>47524312
first year
Calc 1
Business Administration (I know)
CS 101 (C)
Physics (Mechanics + Thermo + EM)
Geom & Algebra
EE

Year 2
Calc 2
Statistics
A CS course dealing mostly with C applied to processors and OS (don't know what it translates to)
Electronics 101
Automation
Logic & Algebra
>>
>>47524403
Sounds like you wanted to do CS. You were born a faggot. Drop out and join your gay brothers in the CS department.
>>
>>47524474
y u so mad m8?
>>
>>47524501
Bcuz ur a fagit n ur ruin teh gud CE naym.
>>
>cs degree
>easy as fuck
>barely go to class
>work on side projects/learn cool shit that isn't 'make a linked list in c++'
>get 80k job offer out of school

Everything has its benefits.
>>
>>47523943
>tfw CompE

d-did I do good? have I pleased /g/ sempai?
>>
>>47524518
lol stay buttmad faggot I bet you're just a selfhating neet
I picked CE because I know it'll land me a job and a better paying one at that
>>
>getting a BS in physics and math
>about as useful as a psychology degree

At least I get to make fun of plebs on the internet.
>>
I'm going for security consultant
Thoughts?
>>
>>47524594
Fire off as many intern applications as you can. If you can graduate with some experience to put on a CV, you're laughing.
>>
>>47523943
>I took IE instead of CE

Best decision of my life.
>>
>>47524568
No Im not. I have both of my degrees in CE. I'm saying you should have gone the CS route because that's obviously what you wanted to do.
>>
>>47524650
Well I'm currently working on a website like HackerOne, so I got that going for me
>>
Brehs how do I make a good CV? I'm not some hipster starbucks front end developer so I can't make some flashy website (I probably could but fuck it)
>>
>be long-term NEET
>start studying CS
>go to classes about 3 hours a week+exams
>people think i'm some kind of genius because I know the most basic stuff
>get money for being a student
>basically still a NEET

I honestly didn't expect it to turn out that way, but I'm fine with it.
>>
>>47523943

I heard what your learn in your field goes out of date fast. How do you guys stay up to date?
>>
>ME
>lollin at everybody ITT
>>
>>47524842
You work.
>>
File: 1293082919034.jpg (21 KB, 367x451) Image search: [Google]
1293082919034.jpg
21 KB, 367x451
>EE
>panicking about not being able to find any internships
>all of a sudden companies start noticing me
>get 9 months of experience in 2 different companies in the same year
>immediately get a call for a full time position opportunity
>ace interviews and get hired
>company is gonna pay my rent, give me a car and fly me out to Silicon Valley in May when I graduate
>mfw the rest of my friends cant land a job and have to settle for grad school to offset their debt and have more time to look

fucking CS fags and other engineers get nothing but rejection letters. Fucking retards lmao.

EE MASTER RACE
>>
Jokes on you my major is Econ and CS is my minor.
>>
>be EE
>fucked up huge last year
>depression killed my grades during the past semester
>tfw overall GPA sitting at 2.9 right now

Guys, will i ever get a job? ever?
>>
>>47524996

You better learn C and start doing some microcontroller projects or get involved in you university's robotic teams.

Most companies need at least a 3.0 to get hired but youre gonna have to bust your ass outside of class to make up for those shitty grades.
>>
File: coax.jpg (115 KB, 628x559) Image search: [Google]
coax.jpg
115 KB, 628x559
>>47524996
I'm EE riding that 3.0 line GPA. Getting sweet internships. I think as long as you're >=3.0 with intern/coop experience you should be fine.
>>
>>47525018
>implying anyone gives a fuck about gpa
Just write 3.3 and act like its yours.
>>
>premedfag
>serious doubts
>thinking of switching to chemical engineering

Goddamn I dont know what to do.
>>
>>47525028
>>47525018
>>47524996
Most recruiters issue a cutoff for resumes at 3.0. They will make exceptions though for practical experience.
>>
>>47524963
What's your salary? You need $150k/yr to be comfortable in the Valley, absolute minimum. Any less and you'll be sharing a 400 sq ft shithole with 4 other schmucks like yourself
>>
>>47525054

>company is gonna pay my rent, give me a car and fly me

>>47525038

companies ask for official transcripts upon graduation and require at least a 3.0
>>
>>47525075
>companies ask for official transcripts upon graduation
Never.
>>
File: feelsbad.jpg (76 KB, 500x484) Image search: [Google]
feelsbad.jpg
76 KB, 500x484
>tfw "database administration" at shitty state college
>all we do is write queries, stored procedures and learn the architecture of oracle 11g and sql server 2012
>tfw I dun fucked up
fug
>>
>>47525098
I've been asked for transcripts for internships. Da fuq planet are you on
>>
>>47525105
Worked in accounting, and banking. No one asked for shit. I'm sure its the same with facebook or google. Dunno with engineering.
>>
>>47525075
>companies ask for official transcripts upon graduation and require at least a 3.0
I bet they also ask for your Facebook account too, eh?
>>
>>47525146
This. No one gives a shit as long as you are not some sketch fuck from some sketch school.

Captcha: Wallah
>>
>>47524386
Yes, every day I dream of creating the next iCrap device for the retards of the world.
>>
File: Capture.png (52 KB, 679x132) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
52 KB, 679x132
>>47525098
>>47525146

Jesus fuck, does everyone here work for shit companies who don't care who they hire? No wonder most of you faggots are NEET lmao
>>
why does everybody shit on CompSci? it seems like a decent job to me, software and computer systems are everywhere nowadays, what's so bad about focusing on that?
Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.