[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why coding has became a fad?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 125
Thread images: 9
Why coding has became a fad?
>>
> efforts being made to close the gigantic gender gap in an important field
> "oh it's just a fad now"
i think you might be a piece of shit, op. you should get checked
>>
>>47427491
Let's get more women involved in plumbing, HVAC, carpentry, and as mechanics.

Those are male dominated fields too, why is it always computer shit?
>>
Corporate conspiracy to create a glut of programmers so wages will fall.
>>
>>47427514
>why is it always computer shit?
it's not
you should get out more
>>
Hey >>47427513

Answer this >>47427514
>>
Don't complain, it's lacking javascript coders on the world
>>
>>47427513
OP may think that because there are relatively few other fields that people are concerned with when it comes to bringing in more women.

See >>47427514
>>
i want normies to leave please
>>
>>47427527
I get out more than you mr. Internet warrior, I guarantee it

Anyway link me a program to get women involved in the fields I listed and I'll give you five for women in computing
>>
I have no issue with this. When girls don't bother (because it's not like these programs haven't been tried time and time again for the past two decades) it's even further proof that many women just don't want to program
>>
>>47427491

Because the idea of making hundreds of thousands of dollars by hammering away at some keys on your Macbook Pro while sipping some Starbucks appeals to women. They basically do that for free already.
>>
>>47427514

Nobody in their right mind would advocate for more people working in those fields. It's a shit job for lower class people and they're happy to let men have it.

Technology fields on the other hand are very lucrative, high pay and almost no physical labor involved, so they want a piece of that pie.
>>
That is just the beginning of the feminazi age, my friend
>>
i wonder if they're accepting male applicants, or are they gonna be just as sexist as the people they oppose..
>>
>>47427514
Because women are too weak to do those jobs fully. It's that simple. Those jobs require physical strength in capacities that almost no women possess that most men do.

Coding? Can you type? Good enough.
>>
>>47427582
There is almost no woman in any stems/engineering related fields too
>>
>>47427530
this is a flat out fallacy. here's just one example. you can find tons more if you gave enough of a shit to look. http://www.explorethetrades.org/women-in-trades/

you only notice it as "only computer shit" because as a male in that field your vision is narrow.
>>
>>47427585
I don't think it would be sexist to not accept men when the goal is to help equalize the sexes.
>>
inb4 white women rule the world and then black and asian women fight them to the death
>>
>>47427637
no it's employing an equally sexist agenda
>>
at least I can still do IT support
indians can't assist/communicate with people for shit
>>
in any case the OP is a shithead for calling something a fad now that women are being brought on board. there's not really an argument you can make against that
>>
>>47427553
I want the cancer that is "normies" to leave. Stop trying to reinvent the pleb. It makes you sound like a kindergartener
>>
The only problem will be when landwhale SJWs apply for job with their shit python skills and get rejected - for having shit skills at a shit language. Then they'll blame it on the patriarchy or something and someone has to waste the energy on dealing with that. tbh it'd probably be more energy efficient to just harpoon them and cook them into sushi - that one burst of energy will probably be less than all that is necessary to deal with their bullshit.
>>
I just started at Salesforce and there were more female programmers in my orientation class than males
>>
>>47427746
I work with salesforce. What's it like over there?
>>
>>47427582

those are all pretty well-paying jobs though
>>
>>47427491
>only 13-18
Wow; who do I report to about this ageism?
>>
Sjws fail to see that the cause of the problem defines if it's a problem or not.

Why there is more man than woman on some fields? Either because they don't want to get into them, or they can't. No sexism here, no discrimination, just preferences, by trying to solve the problem, sjws becomes the problem, creating fantasies, manipulating, misleading kids.

Women want to be actresses, dancers, teachers, doctors, psychologists, architects, whatever, it's their decision, using sexy idols to make them go on a direction they don't want is wrong. I know some people that got sucked into the field because of illusions of money and glory, they learned nothing and lost money and time.

Normies will never learn.
>>
>>47427761
It's not Google or Apple, but it seems pretty legit. Way better than somewhere like oracle or ibm I would imagine.
>>
shes so hawt
>>
>>47427796
>interviewed at Cisco for open stack eng
>dudes said they were working 80-100 hours a week
>noped the fuck right out of there
>>
>>47427513
>implying diversity matters in a company
>implying hiring the most qualified isn't what's important
Go back too tumblr .

Also I hope the fucking retarded reddit ceo kills the site with her stupidity.
>>
>>47427629
I'm a firefighter

Our city has 3% women firefighters

There are no advocacy groups to change this

You see otherwise because they throw out an occasional article for more women in trades then ten more for computer shit. Your vision is too narrow.
>>
>>47427865
>kills the site
It's open source software you pleb. It's going to survive way beyond 4chan.
>>
File: E3.webm (623 KB, 502x264) Image search: [Google]
E3.webm
623 KB, 502x264
HEY, NIGGERS
listen the fuck up
I'm going to tell you what's up with the "programming fad"
it's not just the women they're trying to get, it's everybody. women have just proved the hardest to get on board so they get their own special programs.
the reason they're doing this is because programming is a very well-paying field and there aren't very many qualified job candidates, relatively speaking
tech companies want to change this, because shekels
so they're sponsoring programs to teach it to kids in school (code.org, hour of code, all of the various drag-and-drop coding exercises that have become commonplace in elementary schools), sponsoring programs to get minorities involved, sponsoring programs to get women involved, and basically doing anything they can do to flood the job market with qualified programmers. the reason they want more qualified programmers? the more programmers there are out there, the less competitive the employer has to be with their pay. wages will drop, and drop, and drop, until programming becomes just as much a shit-tier field as everything else.

tl;dr: kikes want to pay you less money
>>
>>47427674
But coding is becoming the new hip and trendy fad faggotron
>>
>>47427887
Do you have any idea?
>>
File: 1368045446343.jpg (209 KB, 1024x840) Image search: [Google]
1368045446343.jpg
209 KB, 1024x840
>>47427605
>Coding? Can you type? Good enough.
If only.

Do you know that in chess man and woman play in different leagues?
http://www.chess.com/forum/view/general/menswomens-chess--why
The same applies for (non-trivial) coding.
>>
>>47427793
That, and they ignore fields in which there are more women than men, such as nursing.
>>
>>47427908
Pretty much every sport has a normal league and a league for women. Women are rarely good at sports and need there own league. Even in esports it's the same.
>>
Karlie Kloss is my second waifu so I'm okay with this
>>
Why are people scared of gender distribution disparities?

There are innate differences between men and women, so we'd expect to see some difference in occupation and shit, big whoop. Unless you want people to be unhappy, forcing equal distribution isn't going to do anything.
>>
Could the faggot who is samefagging and calling everyone a "shithead" or "shitty" for disagreeing with him please stop?
>>
>>47427962

they only care cuz women always make themselves victims. you don't see them complaining about the lack of men in women-dominated professions do you? nope. that's because men don't give a flying fuck. only women do.
>>
>>47427491
The ultimate goal of the coding fad is to flood the market. Once the market is flooded, you have plenty of cheap labor.
>>
>>47427908
I think it may be attributable more to hobbies, interests, and obsessions rather than intellect.

Top chess players start at a young age and dedicate their entire life to it. Women are simply far less likely to dedicate their whole life to a game, hobby, or activity. I don't know if there's a good reason for it, but that's how it is.

Becoming genuinely good at programming requires spending a lot of time reading, learning, practicing, and programming outside of school and work. It requires genuine interest and autistic degrees of focus. Women simply exhibit that sort of obsessive behavior way less often.

Go to any generic big enterprise and you'll find the male and female coders are about the same in terms of expertise. Both groups aren't very interested in programming, and they both mostly churn out shitty code. There are still more men than women here, but the percentage of women coders is a lot higher at these "code monkey" type jobs.

At top firms, the people who dominate are the coders who have some obsession with coding. Women are far less likely to be obsessive about it, and so there are far fewer women in these top positions.
>>
>>47427972
THIS
>>
>>47427953
That excuse works for physical sports. Chess is an intellectual game, surely men and women are equal in those regards
>>
>>47427637
>let's just put sexism under new management
>that's fine, right?
>>>/tumblr/
>>
>>47427962
People aren't afraid of the disparities themselves; they're afraid of being called sexist, racist, or homophobic.
>>
>>47427998
Scientific research suggests that autism is uniquely a male thing, so you're on to something.
>>
File: 1428454719098.jpg (53 KB, 375x375) Image search: [Google]
1428454719098.jpg
53 KB, 375x375
>>47427972
/thread

these faggots should really leave 4chan
>>
>>47427491
>13 year old grils coding

FUCK.
>>
>>47427582
>It's a shit job for lower class
Confirmed for never doing manual labor.
>>
>>47428017
Women are dumb fucking machines.
Get over it.
>>
>>47427582
>more people working in those fields
except the need for most jobs goes up with population. and why would working conditions or pay factor in when your mainly worried about equality.

the real fucking answer is they (women) dont want dirty or manual labor jobs, but want to call the sexism card when they dont get a job in IT or Tech. Fuck you and your reverse sexism, You want job equality? Aim for equality in ALL FIELDS or stfu and make me a sandy and some tendies when i come home you picky bitch.
>>
>>47428054
>get over it
Get over what? I never expressed a strong opinion, you oversensitive idiot
>>
>>47428054
>dumb fucking machines
Sounds like they'll be perfect for code monkey jobs. :^)
>>
>>47427711
4chan always goes reinvents their insults, how new are you?
>>
File: 1376915905478.png (74 KB, 171x278) Image search: [Google]
1376915905478.png
74 KB, 171x278
>>47428017
>1413 male grandmasters
>33 female grandmasters

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_chess_grandmasters
>>
>>47427793
It's because of the way they're handling the solution, instead of helping educate women they're lowering standards.
>>
>>47428061
>man and woman apply for job, any job really
>men in general do most jobs, regardless if theyr success in the job they do it. Manual labor, Grime. Filth. All men, all over the world.
>women mostly stay at home.
>women can do hard jobs too guys! pay us more!
>who should we hire? the one who will complain if they dont get what they think if equal, or the one who, according to their gender, will do most any work and not bitch about working conditions
you fuck holes arnt worthy of anything more than making babies and cooking food, because thats what my ancestors trained you monkeys to do.
>>
>>47428084
B-but its because the other 1k women grandmasters didnt get an equal chance.
>>
>>47428108
People aren't blank slates you fucking retard.

The rationalist/empiricist battle has raged forever, and the conclusion is that it's always both. Nature AND nurture, in varying degrees.
>>
>>47427711
pleb is from /mu/ and describes someone with shit taste

normie is from xenophobic boards like /r9k/, /a/ and /jp/ because "normal" people come on the boards and say "durr why u do x, that's not normal behaviour, here's what you should do." and that normalfag deserves to be called a normie.

I don't know how pleb caught on anywhere other than art appreciation boards, because the antitheses, patrician, is never used outside of /mu/, /lit/, /tv/, etc.
>>
>>47428084
>2.5%

B T F O
T
F
O
>>
File: 54QFbOb.png (417 KB, 1246x724) Image search: [Google]
54QFbOb.png
417 KB, 1246x724
>>47428129
not that guy but here's the real definition of a normie and why they're so hated
>>
>>47428129
I see patrician being used as much as I see pleb, and i don't go to the mentioned boards
>>
If you didnt know anything about 2 potential employees, other than 1 is male and 1 is female, who would you hire /g/?

No age, education, or work experience differences.

if you say 50/50 coin toss your a moron, and probably would never be in a position to hire anyone.

The only thing you can base your decision IS their gender, and decisons or actions they might take as that gender.

go.
>>
>>47428179
Male.
>>
File: 1423875414749.jpg (25 KB, 306x306) Image search: [Google]
1423875414749.jpg
25 KB, 306x306
>>47428179
no, i'd hire on personality. that's what interviews are for retard
>>
>>47428179
Reducing people to their qualifications is retarded anyway. I'd interview both of them and hire them based on their personality.
>>
>>47428179
ill start.
>women COULD require maternal leave every year for a month

they will objectively get less work done than a male of equal everything else.
>>
>>47428179
The male because i love dicks
>>
>>47428179
male because bros before hos
>>
>>47428179
Statistics with regards to their gender, which is fair, so go fuck yourself.
>>
>>47428179
No social justice in gaming.
>>
>>47428179
Why would I hire anyone with no interview
>>
>>47428179
i'd ask them to show their github or bring in their most amazing (what THEY consider amazing) personal project.

I doubt if the female will even have ever made a simple renaming script before
>>
>>47428179
Male because women are less productive, drama queens, shitchat, gossip, intolerant, sexist, dumb, fucking machines, irritating, normie, cattle, social and aesthetic dumbfuck slaves, including my mom ofc

Freedom to the dicks
>>
>>47428129
>pleb is from /mu/
You're an idiot. It's short for plebian which is a real word with etymology extending far beyond 4chan.
>>
File: bale.jpg (13 KB, 265x265) Image search: [Google]
bale.jpg
13 KB, 265x265
I want to lick her face like a dog.
>>
>>47428179
My real probably irrelevant answer: I'd hire no one until I get more information.
If I have to hire one, I'd hire the gender there's the least of in the company.
I don't think diversity is a bad thing unless better suited people are getting turned down because of it (intentionally, of course, in a case where you actually know more than the gender).
>>
>>47427514
Carpenter fag here, you guys take the women!
>>
>>47428292
>what is gothub?
It's going to be hell, considering sudoku
>>
>>47427491
the social network
>>
You know it's bad when people call it coding and not programming
>>
>>47428340
They're not the same thing. That's why. Programming is more specific.
>>
>>47428326
>If I have to hire one, I'd hire the gender there's the least of in the company.
That's so stupid.

If you're hiring nurses, go with the woman.
If you're hiring lumberjacks, go with the male.

Don't ever go full retard again, anon.
>>
>>47428350
So it includes stuff like HTML, CSS I guess
>>
>>47428340
You can't be a xml programmer, you can be a xml coder
>>
>>47428340

Pretty much this. Coding is what you do. It is the tool. Programming actually requires knowledge.

Its like learning to swing a hammer and calling yourself a carpenter.
>>
>>47428340
There is a huge difference actually
Coding is what those indian codemonkeys do, they get told what to make and they program it without using any brain. So quite simply they're using premade libraries by someone superior.

Programming on the other hand is making new stuff. Its inventing, or atleast making libraries for codemonkeys to use. Programmers are people with more knowledge and experience. Russian programmers are pretty good
>>
>>47428368
If a language is expressively complete, you're a programmer in that language. Otherwise coder.
>>
>>47428368
>xml coder

So, a Java EE programmer
>>
>>47428340
They think it's all just sitting and typing whole day.
>>
>>47428340
because they know women will only be code monkeys if lucky because they wouldnt be able to program a raspiberri pi
>>
>>47428392
This
A woman would never go out of her way to do something that is not work related, even if she gets to learn something valuable. Her value will remain the same as years pass by while her male counterpart will learn new skills.
>>
>>47427513
programming started out as clerical work. men would design the hardware and women would write the software. look up the story of the eniac computer.
>>
>>47427491
Who is she anyway
>>
>>47428441
The woman of my fap-sessions.
>>
>>47428419
>>47428419
90% of the 'programmers' are like that
My father's company needed 10-15 'low level hardware' people for a new project. They were assigned to the project. A week later my father comes home and tells me about it. Out of those 17 people, only 3 could print even as much as 'hello world' on the silicon after being given the datasheet. The tech world is in a sorry state.
>>
>>47428441
never scene her before but from what i can tell from that picture, that appears to be karlie kloss.

>karlie kloss kleaverly kodes
>>
>>47428460
>Out of those 17 people, only 3
His mistake was hiring 14 women.
>>
>>47428460
well i hope he fired the 14 people and went through another hiring process. universities pump out a fk ton of shit coders
>>
>>47428381
What if I interact with web services which give me text in javascript or xml and then I write small scripts to interact with these web services and perform queries based on the results. Am I a coder or a programmer or neither?
>>
Because you're a fucking retard that obviously doesn't speak English. Kill yourself.
>>
We can never have enough girls in CS. My heart drops every time the one hot girl in class withdraws after a few weeks.
>>
>>47428496
>>47428500
there were 15 males if i remember correct. 2 were females, who couldn't do it.
These were men with 12-13 years of industry experience. Later he found out, when they volunteered to the 'low level' project, they thought it would be writing something on a custom kernel's API for the microprocessor, they had never written on bare metal before
And no, you cannot fire people that easily, they were assigned to another project.
>>
>>47428525
Designer.
>>
>>47427625
Because they're too god damned stupid for that, except a huge minority of them, but those are all busy with fag stuff like biology. Ever noticed that all the smart women decide to do biology or some shit like that?
>>
>>47428460
>needed 10-15 people
>hired 17
i'm not entirely surprised that daddy's hiring standards were shit if his HR manager couldn't handle a simple number range.
>>
>>47427513

muh gender gap has a lot to do with men holding jobs longer than women do and often having more experience
>>
>>47427901
exactly

Just look at that CEO of Reddit that will even stop wage negotiations entirely.

Feminism is being used to further corporate goal of screwing everyone.
>>
File: 1423615898237.jpg (168 KB, 810x810) Image search: [Google]
1423615898237.jpg
168 KB, 810x810
I'm glad they so easily trick people into taking up programming so they can pay programmers less.
>>
Will above average programmers be valued more as the market gets saturated
>>
>>47428661
Not really
>>
>>47428661
no

the ones with better friendship/family/work connection will
>>
>>47428661
so long as the benchmark for 'average' doesn't go up then yes
>>
>>47428602
in the industry, we hire extra people for a retard tier process called validation. Their job is to test the software after the initial testing and emulate a work environment to find out bugs. All they do is bitch about shit to the programmers.
>>
>>47428716
*perhaps kek
>>
>>47428571
I do very little design though. I can control how my scripts work to an extent, but any real work is specced out by someone else.

It's more like this:

Customer - "These database entries are incorrect. Please find out why they are incorrect, whether there are other entries affected by the same issue, and please fix all of them."

The implementation of how I do that is usually up to me. But I don't touch any code in the core product. I merely interact with it. Pulling back data and modifying database entries through an internally documented web api. It's hard to explain to normal people and I don't know if I feel comfortable telling people I'm a coder or a programmer even though I do write code regularly at work
>>
>>47427887
me too. reddit is terrible
Thread replies: 125
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.