[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>/sci/ created a wiki on CS and programming self-study &g
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: Me.png (99 KB, 561x595) Image search: [Google]
Me.png
99 KB, 561x595
>/sci/ created a wiki on CS and programming self-study
>Contains 95% theory and 05% practical topics
>C++, functional/stack/logic academic programming, final destination only

Bask in their autism

http://4chan-science.wikia.com/wiki/Computer_Science_and_Engineering
http://4chan-science.wikia.com/wiki/Programming_Textbook_Recommendations
>>
>Wikia

They're jews too.
>>
>>47380069
supporting the jews*
>>
mostly textbook recommendations but it all looks like good stuff. I probably have half of those books downloaded already
>>
>>47379914
What is with CS fags and having almost 0 appreciation for theory? It's like you guys are totally OK with being virtual nail drivers and heavy machinery operators.

Even engineers get a hard on for the theory behind their field, and they're usually the biggest dicksuckers in the universe!
>>
>>47380096

I'd rather have a tool that's proven to work and just be able to use it then waste my time reinventing the wheel.

fuck theory, i just need to use the code, not philosophize about algorithms.
>>
>>47380096
most people dont fail hard as fuck at thinking and reasoning that they can go from theory to application with little effort. they dont need someone to hold their hand.
>>
>>47379914
Is this b8? Literally all the books are practical topics.
>>
>>47380096
It's probably because most people who go into CS arent very intelligent. They just want to fuck around on computers all day and make gayms
>>
>operating systems
>computer architecture
>algorithms
>compilers
>parallel programming
>networking
>ai, machine learning
>computer vision
>graphics
>optimization
>security
>CAS
HURR DURR ALL ACADEMIC THEORY CIRCLEJERKS
>>
>>47380198

You don't need any of that to code a login page in PHP

Education should be job training
>>
>>47380269
nice b8
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.