[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
It's impossible to get rid of Google botnet.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4
File: pepe rage.png (120 KB, 665x662) Image search: [Google]
pepe rage.png
120 KB, 665x662
So I'm analyzing connections to my computer (I'm reading a book about networking and forensics) and I'm learning how to analyze connections and capture packets.

I've noticed a bunch of lines like the following one:

Firefox    44642 lett   55u  IPv4 0x06670138      0t0  TCP 192.168.0.101:61365->yyz07s10-in-f9.1e100.net:https (ESTABLISHED)
Firefox 44642 lett 61u IPv4 0x06613884 0t0 TCP 192.168.0.101:62049->yyz07s10-in-f20.1e100.net:https (ESTABLISHED)

Hmm... wtf is 1e100.net? Let's see:

Registry Registrant ID:
Registrant Name: DNS Admin
Registrant Organization: Google Inc.
Registrant Street: 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway
Registrant City: Mountain View
Registrant State/Province: CA
Registrant Postal Code: 94043
Registrant Country: US
Registrant Phone: +1.6502530000
Registrant Phone Ext:
Registrant Fax: +1.6506188571

I'm not connected to any google site. I don't use Google search. I don't use Gmail. I don't have Android phone... yet every fucking time I start Firefox, my computer is connecting to Google and is sending them something every time I browse (can't figure out what it is sending them since it's encrypted).

It's impossible to get rid of Google botnet.

PROVE ME WRONG!
>>
http://www.pcmech.com/article/the-mysterious-1e100-net/
>>
>>47356339
yes, I know it's google's. all I'm saying is that it's fucking impossible to kill this shit and disconnect yourself from Botnet.
>>
does it still show up when you uncheck 'Block reported attack sites', 'Block reported web forgeries" etc from security prefs?
>>
>>47356401
you are a fucking mongoloid with no critical thinking skills and you should be culled from this earth
>>
>>47356314
Firefox utilises a few Google services (like checking to see if websites are safe). Turn these off and you should be good to go.
>>
>>47356980
This is the thing that I was about to say too.

Firefox basically downloads google's list of known shit for 'offline' checking of urls. Please report back after disabling that, I'm curious.
>>
>>47356980
I have that stuff disabled. I even use DisconectMe and uBlock.

I start an empty Firefox (no tabs open whatsoever) and malicious stuff disabled in prefs yet it still connects to this Google domain no matter what I do.

Chrome does the exact same shit.

I've also noticed that if you have Chrome installed, there's a background update process that connects to this google domain every hour or so.
>>
>>47357118
Yes, that's the autoupdater faggot.
>>
>>47357155
>>> there's a background update process
>Yes, that's the autoupdater faggot.
Thanks, captain.
>>
>>47356314
Is your DNS set to google, dude?
>>
>>47357196
Propably his DNS is 8.8.8.8
>>
What happens if I just ban this domain and IP range with my firewall? Would YT videos and Gmail become disabled?
>>
>>47357196
>>47357221
Nope. I use my ISP's DNS because all the CDNs that use geolocation work better and stuff arrives a lot faster. I've used Google's DNS for few weeks some time ago but everything was slower (even though DNS request was fast).

I'm starting to think that some firefox addons are connecting to this google domain.
>>
If you are using internet you are using Google. At the cost of sounding like a shill, but that's how it is. It's too late to stop it now
>>
>>47356314
What book, would be interested in monitoring my networks traffic
>>
>>47357262
those fucking googlejews have bought off the FTC and they won't be investigated for monopoly. however, EU is pressing on with their investigation. hope they break them up!
>>
>>47357302
this book. there's probably better books... you should do some research. I happened to have a used/printed book so I'm flipping through it.
>>
What's interesting is that there's around 5KB worth of info being sent to Google every time it connects to it. Not much is sent back. That's a lot of data. You could pack someone'd daily browsing history in that much space.

Yet I can't decrypt it with Wireshark... I'm not even sure how to do it at this point. Maybe there's a chapter on that.
>>
>botnet
Please stop misusing this word
>>
>>47357435
>Implying
A botnet is an army of computers that will do your bidding.
It doesn't matter if it's used to ddos or data mining. It's a botnet either way
>>
File: google chrome botnet.jpg (130 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
google chrome botnet.jpg
130 KB, 600x600
>>47357435
>implying it's being misused
google shill plz
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.