[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why is this Moot Poole guy not rich explain
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2
Why is this Moot Poole guy not rich explain
>>
File: mt.jpg (184 KB, 800x432) Image search: [Google]
mt.jpg
184 KB, 800x432
>>47345589
>>
>>47345589
Because he loved us, even if we were complete fuckheads.
>>
He's afraid if he sells the website he won't be able to spend that 111 million for long before a deranged anon murders him.
>>
>>47345589
What exactly makes you think he's not rich?
>>
>>47345727
He claims he doesn't even break even with the website. He's a lying jew though.
>>
>>47345734
4chan is nowhere as demanding in terms of server equipment.

If people on youtube with 50,000 views per week can make a living out of it, moot surely makes money.
If he sells 4chan he'll become very rich.
>>
4chan refutes monetization generally, and most companies wouldn't touch us with a 10 foot pole. The few that would, don't really seem to need to, do to savy customers - say crunchyroll or various import stores.
>>
>>47345734
>He claims he doesn't even break even with the website.
Well, due to the content of the website he can only get shit advertisement deals.
I'm also pretty sure that 4chan has a higher amount of people who use adblock than other websites.

Moot probably made a bit more than he let on, but I doubt that 4chan was really a money printing machine for him.
>>
>>47345753
Are you retarded? This site generates petabytes of traffic.
>>
>>47346033

Makes sense, since everyone on this godforsaken website is a petaphile.
>>
>you realize moot kept 4chan social media cancer free for over a decade

truly the glorious admin we deserve
>>
You fags do realise he's gone now, right?
>>
>People who think moot is rich
Have you seen the ads on this shitstain site? Tell me, wise ones, how you imagine moot is monetizing 4chan?

>>47345753
TruView Ads on YouTube had a CPM of $20-30. Moots "Self Serve" ads have a CPM 25 cents - and YouTubers don't have to pay server costs and legal fees.
>>
Is 4chan worth a million dollars?
Who would buy 4chan?
Just because it has a lot of users some people think they can just turn a nob and milk them for cash. Although that’s not the case with 4cahn it would disappear as soon as the company attempted to monetize. Also it wouldn't be worth the bad pr.
>>
>>47346046
Fucking lost it.
>>
>>47346046
god you are retarded.
>>
>>47346113

strewth m8 it were bantz.
>>
>>47346094
No, he still has ownership of the site, he's just not directly involved anymore because he passed on the admin position and so on.
>>
>>47345753
You do realize google has money flowing out of its ass because they're harvesting all your info. And those ads on youtube don't make it profitable. Also realize that those ads pay a shitton more than ads on 4chan.
>>47346032
I don't think he did, I think it was all saved for future maintenance/upgrades
>>
moot could sell it and make bank, but if anyone tried to change it too much with more intrusive ads, integration of facebook or something, logins or really anything that would have it turning a decent profit then the userbase would revolt and the site would die.

I imagine moot doesn't break even, he appears to live comfortably and I would daresay if 4chan motors along like it is he will be financially secure for the rest of his life.
>>
most of his money gone everytime he gets a lawsut thanks to few cancerous boards.
>>
>>47346046

$5 bucks says a screencap of this post ends up on reddit front page tomorrow
>>
He explained it pretty well in his Q&A.
Basically this
>>47345680
>>
>>47346046
>>47346126
Hi there!
You seem to have made a bit of a mistake in your post. Luckily, the users of 4chan are always willing to help you clear this problem right up! You appear to have used a tripcode when posting, but your identity has nothing at all to do with the conversation! Whoops! You should always remember to stop using your tripcode when the thread it was used for is gone, unless another one is started! Posting with a tripcode when it isn't necessary is poor form. You should always try to post anonymously, unless your identity is absolutely vital to the post that you're making!
Now, there's no need to thank me - I'm just doing my bit to help you get used to the anonymous image-board culture!
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.