[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Best Low-Mid Range Android Phone
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 1
File: Shitphones.jpg (739 KB, 4036x2143) Image search: [Google]
Shitphones.jpg
739 KB, 4036x2143
Good Day /g/uys and /g/als,
I sold my Moto G and I'm in the market for
a new phone in the $150-250 range off contract.

I've been looking at the 2015 Moto E but
the crappy camera and single front facing speaker instead of dual are off-putting.

Looking for:
Best GPU specs
4G LTE + GSM
Durable
mSD slot

Its fine if its used (or "refurbished" as the french say)

Any suggestions?
>>
Have you thought about a 2nd generation Moto g? Heard its pretty good and not so expensive, you should look more about it
>>
You dont need to worry about the camera, theres no reason to take pictures of shit, but i absolutly am in love with the htc one
>>
>>47159117
Find a used galaxy s3 and get an extended zero lemon for it and you can't beat it for the price. Make sure you flash a slim ROM and you're golden
>>
>>47159184

Literally the type I had till this weekend, liked it but the lack of 4G was kinda a piss-up.

Sold it for more than I bought it for months ago.
>>
>>47159191

I sometimes take photos of shit for clients on the road. The camera itself is a meh thing but it gets me that it doesn't have any flash.

I'll look into the HTC-1
>>
>>47159195
This
Avoid the s4

>>47159117
I'm probably going to get the 2015 Moto E since it supports 4G now.
>>
>>47159236
That makes sense then, my only con about the htc is no sd card slot, but comes in either 32 or 64 gig, should have plenty of room
>>
>>47159212
isn't there a 4g version of it??
>>
>>47159265

>No mSD

Damn, I just got a 64GB for free. Still gonna consider it.

>>47159291

Yeah but it costs a good bit more than the regular version:

http://www.amazon.com/MOTOROLA-XT1072-FACTORY-UNLOCKED-SINGLE/dp/B00UJAP24A/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1427130514&sr=8-3&keywords=moto+g+4g+dual+sim

If I get that I may as well just go Moto E 2015 and save the cash.
>>
>>47159324

Actually: That isn't even the right listing, there is a Moto G Second Gen 4G but its only just been released in shit markets like India.
>>
>>47159258
S4 has a better screen, processor, and camera but I doubt you could find one for under 300
>>
Where do you guys buy factory unlocked phones (such as the HTC-1) from?
>>
>>47159402

I buy most of my phones used on Amazon and make sure it says unlocked

Beyond that:

Can any Moto-X owners tell me how running a recent rom on it compares to the Moto-G 2nd Gen

Having a look at this:

http://www.amazon.com/Motorola-Moto-Unlocked-Phone-Warranty/dp/B00E92B88I/ref=sr_1_3?s=wireless&ie=UTF8&qid=1427131184&sr=1-3&keywords=moto+x
>>
https://slickdeals.net/f/7747445-lg-g2-latest-model-32gb-gsm-factory-unlocked-smartphone-brand-new-189-99

lg g2 under $200

can't beat that. for $150-$200 try buying a 1-2 year old flagship over a budget phone. Hell, I'd get an iphone 5S over a Moto E for the same price
>>
OnePlusOne
Lg G3
>>
>>47160469
>https://slickdeals.net/f/7747445-lg-g2-latest-model-32gb-gsm-factory-unlocked-smartphone-brand-new-189-99

I think we have a winner, thanks man.
>>
HTC desire 816.
>big screen
>1 1/2 days on battery
>~$200
>>
Going to China tommorow and I could possible buy cheap Huawei Smartphones. Which is advisable ?
>>
The HTC Mini M4 is probably my favorite budget phone. Good screen, processor is enough for everything outside of gaming, and the only downside is that it only has 1GB of RAM. But again, you shouldn't be gaming on a budget device.
>>
Galaxy S3 maybz
>>
I'm writing from a xiaomi 1s, the specs are awesome for the price (payed 120€ 7/8 months ago) but those fuckers from xiaomi totally forgot to update it. I'm writing from an excellent unofficial CM12 btw so i'm happy with it
>>
Zenfone 2
2gb ram
Intel z3260 quad core
Like 200 bucks
>>
>>47159117
Do it like me: wait a few more months and buy the Asus Zenfone 2.

You will not find anything better for ~250.
>>
>>47159195
Just be sure its the i9305 model with LTE and 2gb of ram and it rekts the moto g(ay).

Altough I think Carbon rom is even better than slim rom
>>
The LG G3 Vigor is the best "medium" range device out there these days.
>>
>>47160469
does this have limited 4G bands? why does it only work with ATT if it claims to be "factory unlocked"
>>
>>47162558

Different models of the g2 have different 4G bands, this one lacks one for T-Mo.

Thankfully: It has the one I need so I pulled the trigger
>>
>>47162605
damn it would've been a decent buy if it had band 3 which I use for roaming
>>
>>47162605

AT&T and T-Mobile both have crossover on LTE Band 4 so yes, it will work with T-Mobile just fucking fine - whoever wrote the description of the item there hasn't got a fucking clue about how LTE bands work.

The LG D800 variant of the G2 aka the AT&T model works just fucking fine with T-Mobile's LTE network without issues.

I own one, and I use T-Mobile's $30/month 5GB plan with this D800 of mine, LTE service works just fine but I keep it in HSPA+ mode (WCDMA preferred) because HSPA+ is better for building penetration and signal strength and also battery life which is significantly better (even on the G2 which already has massive battery life to begin with).

42Mbps max is fucking fast enough...
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.