[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
You are still tech virgin if you never used Linux at least for a week
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 79
Thread images: 7
File: 1417552801140.gif (3 MB, 320x179) Image search: [Google]
1417552801140.gif
3 MB, 320x179
You are still tech virgin if you never used Linux at least for a week
>>
>>47153296
does that linux class i took in college count?
>>
>>47153352
no
>>
>>47153296
I used it for months years ago. Until I couldn't file my taxes online and my kids couldn't do their homework. In the trash it went. Now I only touch it with a 100 mile putty.
>>
>>47153296
I used it for years. Then I got a Mac because I got sick of everything breaking.

Suck my throbbing dick, freetards. :^)
>>
>>47153838
Fine.
What's your address?
>>
>>47153838
Funny, I ended up going full time Linux because I was tired of my Mac ecosystem breaking with every fucking release. This is after being a born and raised macfag for 25 years. Apple dropped all pretense of respecting their power users years ago.
>>
File: 1270103104222.jpg (25 KB, 389x388) Image search: [Google]
1270103104222.jpg
25 KB, 389x388
>>47153880

>Apple users
>power users

Lol what the fuck did I just read. Pick one cuck.
>>
>most of /g/ uses android
>>
that image is probably one of the cringiest things I've seen on this board
>>
>>47153889
you're really dumb.
i feel sorry for you
>>
>>47153296
It doesn't matter if I am still a virgin.
>>
I used it for a year when the hard drive that it was on blew up. Then back to Windows.
>>
File: 7048855177_d5313f25fc_b.jpg (188 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
7048855177_d5313f25fc_b.jpg
188 KB, 1024x768
>>47153838
>>47153601
>>47153540

/v/
>>
You are still tech virgin if you can't install gentoo without a guide
>>
>>47153889
He did, that's the whole point of his post retard
>>
File: 1391325007979.jpg (28 KB, 329x313) Image search: [Google]
1391325007979.jpg
28 KB, 329x313
>losing your virginity to an OS that gives its code to everyone
Fucking cucks
>>
>>47153904
It means you have never seen your photo
>>
>>47153296
Used it, wasn't impressed.
>>
>>47153838
I don't really care about the freedum philosophy, I would just never pids away that much much money for hardware I don't even like just to use OS X
>>
>>47153296
OpenBSD for two and a half months. I needed to learn it for a job.
>what do I win?
>>
>>47153296
I'd like to interject for a moment, what you're referring to as virginity is actually GNU/virginity or as I've recently taken to calling it GNU plus virginity. You see virginity is not a full lifestyle unto itself, but rather another free component of a fully functioning GNU system made useful by the GNU corelibs, shell utilities and vital system components comprising a fully autistic experience as defined by POSIX.
>>
>>47153889
Well, clearly you didn't read my post, because I did pick one. I'm Linux now.

But seriously, Apple has always enjoyed a very strong power user community. Or at least they did, back when they were still the underdog and people like me were openly mocked by normalfags for owning a Mac. Now everyone and their boss are fullblown Apple fanboys. In some circles, you aren't even taken seriously if you don't have an iPhone in your pocket and awkwardly carry a goddamn iPad around everywhere.

With the move to Intel, we had an influx of Linux developers and sysadmins and such that kept hope alive for a while, but even then it was too late. Apple doesn't need us anymore.
>>
File: 1424188348143.jpg (140 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
1424188348143.jpg
140 KB, 1024x768
>"hey anon, can you fix my PC"
>again? What happened??
>"LOL virus!!!!!1!1 oops xDD"
>get tired of her shit
>fuck it, install elementary os
>install libre for type
>install Firefox
>change icon to chrome
>here you go, all fixed
>"omg thenkzs an0n!"
>mfw when she's been using "windows 7" for about 6 months

Also proof that all she does is browse facebook. As of yet has not asked anything incompatible software issues
>>
>>47154109
>change firefox icon to chrome
omg are you an hacker
>>
>>47154118
Dude if I gave her firefucks she would not know what the hell it is. Plus, you know they can't be bothered to change anything for whatever reason. Personally, I don't really care. The point was to keep her off

So she uses Firefox thinking its chrome. Home page set to google and all. What's even more funny is that her friends don't even know either.
>>
You are still 4chan virgin if you never masturbated to traps.
>>
My recipe for starting to use Linux.
Delete your windows partition for at least one month.
>>
Meh, I use a Mac so it's pretty much the same thing.
>>
>>47154040
>fully autistic experience as defined by POSIX.
kext
>>
>>47155825
I have windows on dualboot with linux on my laptop.

Windows idles at 65ºC. Linux idles at 45ºC

Watch a movie at 1080p on windows laptop shuts off cause of overheating.

Don't even need to uninstall wangblows to use Linux. It's just the best option for me, I use it everyday as my main.
>>
>>47153296
I'm just fine with being a tech virgin.
>>
Good, Id like to lose my tech virginity to something valuable and not freetard crap so worthless that its free like your whore mother.
>>
>>47153296
Hardly.
>>
>>47153296
Nah, you could be using an android phone and not even know what loonix is. You could be running UBANTO or mint and never have to edit a text file.
A lot of tard-safe stuff involved the linux colonel these days. Sorry about your delusions of grandeur.
>>
>>47153296
Makes me never want to have kids for fear of them turning out like this sperg. I wonder what was going through his father's head.
>>
Being using Linux since I was 12 with Fedora.

What does that make me?
>>
>>47156258
13 :^)
>>
>>47156321
I wish I was 13.

Life would be more simple.
>>
>>47153296
I actually did use Linux for quite a while, I think I used Fedora Core 3 and 4. I got pretty frustrated with it after a few months, as problems just stacked. I found workarounds for them, but I was sick of shit only working indirectly. Especially graphic cards drivers (nvidia) and network (WLAN just wouldn't work, no drivers at all available, so had to use ethernet) was a pain in the ass. Surprisingly, my TV card (I had something like that back then) was working perfectly well. I also missed Photoshop very much (I just couldn't get warm with GIMP, it's still shit today, but was even worse back then). I tried a few other distros and then just gave up when I noticed that I could just install Windows XP and everything worked ootb. The feeling was so good, like coming down to sea level after having spent months at 5000 m.
>>
>>47156252
I feel like the kid set this up for the purpose of pointing out weird kids. But I feel like this shit probably happens a lot.
>>
File: effef.jpg (5 KB, 132x222) Image search: [Google]
effef.jpg
5 KB, 132x222
In 7th grade me and my parents went around looking for yard sales and shit when I saw this Sony VAIO desktop from I think 2001 with an upgraded 512mb of ram and a Pentium 4. It was running Ubuntu 9.04 and when I got home I noticed it was a lot different from windows and I had heard of Linux before that but I never really played attention to it. From then on I started to see how much better it was than Windows and how much faster it was because of my older hardware. I turned into what you fags are from 7th to 10th grade, telling everyone how I used Ubuntu and GNU/Linux and how much better it was and that it was free and shit, and when I brought an older laptop that I loaded 10.04 on in 8th grade with compiz and wobbly windows and shit on everyone lost their shit telling me how cool it was and stuff and then they'd think I was some sort of hacker when I opened the terminal and typed 'sudo apt-get update' and all that text came up and was just scrolling and shit when it updated the repositories, everyone thought I was the shit.
>>
>>47153970
Jenny!
>>
So if I install Mint and do nothing but shitpost for a week, does that mean that I'm good at technology?
>>
>>47158255
DEATH.
>>
>>47153601
file your taxes offline m8.
>>
>>47158255
>>47160362
memegrips please leave
>>
>>47153296
>install loonix
>find absolutely nothing to do with it that couldn't on Windblows
>remove loonix the next day
>>
How should I feel that my wife uses Linux and I use Windows.
>>
>>47154109
Sure she hasn't taken it to someone else by now?
>>
>>47160362
Now.
>>
I used it for a while but I got sick of not being able to use software.

As long as GNU/Linux doesn't have Mathcad and Solidworks and all that good shit that's required for my courses, it's Windows for me.
>>
>>47154141
Not that impressive considering Mozilla decided to make Firefox a visual clone of Chrome.
>>
>look into Linux
>"Get Ubuntu, OP. It's super easy."
>install Ubuntu
>WiFi doesn't work
>don't like my buttons being in the top left
>change themes so they're in the top right
>no Java
>no Flash
>have to use repository for fucking everything
>Wine a shit
>everything else requires terminal
>no drivers
>finally get it set up how I want it
>question why I do all of this when Windows works just fine
>uninstall, go back to Windows
Chortle your extra chins off, /g/, but Linux is the fucking worst for people who actually get laid.
>>
I don't like it but windows is a pain with my older laptop, plus elementary is a perfect browsing machine so it easily became the OS i use most
>>
>>47161894
When was the last time you tried Linux dude?

>WiFi doesn't work
kek

>no Java
kek

>no Flash
kek

>no drivers
kek
>>
>>47153296
>You are still tech virgin if you never used Linux at least for a week

That's funny, I used Linux for a week....then I got laid.

I've been using Windows ever since.
>>
File: 000003.png (291 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
000003.png
291 KB, 640x480
>>47153296

You are still a real life virgin if you have used Linux at least a week.
>>
no i'm not
>>
>>47161894
>can't into babby tier distro
Flash isn't included because it's proprietary. All you had to do was open the software center in the menu and find the restricted-extras package. Same with drivers...there's a button in the settings menu to DL proprietary drivers.
As for wifi...boot back into Windows, google (wificardname) + ubuntu drivers. Look for a .deb package, save it on a flash drive, then boot back into ubuntu, and double click the file to install. That's all. 15 minutes of googling would have fixed all your issues. You know, just like you have to do when something goes wrong in Windows.

Also, I don't have extra chins and I get laid regularly, by my girlfriend who also uses Linux. So STFU with your neckbeard stereotypes.
>>
>>47154109
why couldn't you have just installed chrome, rather than changing the firefox icon?
>>
>>47162655
kek, OP btfo
>>
>>47162849
muh botnet
>>
>>47159465
Learn2logic. Re-read the phrase.
>>
>>47160833
That happens man. Sometimes we are just inferior.
>>
>>47158141
No upvotes here, sorry
>>
>>47162742
> laid regularly, by my girlfriend who also uses Linux

feels here
>>
>>47153601

What are you, retarded? What the fuck sort of homework are your kids doing that they need proprietary Windows-only software? And how the fuck are you filing your taxes?
>>
>>47163476
Prob was using that program for Windows, can't think of the name.
>>
>>47154031
From the openOCD uncyclopedia page:
> every time it breaks the user gets laid.
>All openOCD users are virgins.
>>
>>47153970
Stop being such a fucking prude, Jenny. What you need to do is just finally let Sheldon smash it until a gasket pops.
>>
>>47153970
Ayyyy my favorite semen demon from 10+ years ago
>>
>>47163097
The act of installing an operating system is proof enough. If you blow up Windows, you are dedicated to either Linux, or knowing enough about it to get an iso and burn an install CD. If you keep Windows, you have to be able to partition a disk and get grub to boot it. Either way, doing the bare minimum is hard.
>>
>>47161246
b8
>>
I'm using exclusively Linux over a year and am still a tech virgin.
>>
>>47163954
At least you're honest
>>
>>47163476

i honestly hope they give you the assburgers vaccine you fucking hag
>>
>>47156165
Same - I recently acquired a ten year old Latitude and just wiped the hard drive and installed Lubuntu. It's not worth it to deal with xp. I realized a couple days later that I might have wanted to try playing games at some point, but whatever. Partitions are a hassle.
>>
>>47153296
I still find it a little hard to believe that some people here don't use GNU/Linux exclusively.

I also find it hard to believe that so many people here use QWERTY.

Dvorak is the best.
Thread replies: 79
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.