[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why does /g deny having a facebook account?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 91
Thread images: 5
File: 1.2018474.jpg (22 KB, 540x308) Image search: [Google]
1.2018474.jpg
22 KB, 540x308
Why does /g deny having a facebook account?
>>
>>47107835
Why would I have one? It serves no legitimate purpose.
>>
I actually don't have one. I could also give you my full name to prove it...
>>
I think I've made one for some thing that required it but it's just an empty account with my name on it.
>>
I have one but I haven't used it for months. All my real life friends use WhatsApp these days.
>>
No denial, don't have one. What's the point? My friends email and use text secure and then we go out and see each other in real life. I also don't see the point in collecting friends like pokemon. If I haven't seen someone for years and haven't actually kept up with them then why the fuck do I still want to be in contact with them at all? Also https://stallman.org/facebook.html
>>
>>47107835
Basicly the beta version of asking a girl for her number
>>
>>47107835
Because I have no friends and Facebook is filthy botnet that disrespects your freedom.
>>
>>47107835
Maybe they aren't denying anon.
Also I always hated facebook from the very beginning.
>>
I have a cute grill account I sometimes use for social engineering
>>
I have friends who like to keep in touch, that's why.

I have friends who live all around the US, so it's hard to keep in touch with them via phone or text when I can just have contact with them all using Facebook
>>
>>47108047
Kek
Please share you research with us anon. I do love a good social engineering experiment.
>>
>>47107835
I have a Facebook account. I just haven't logged into it in about six years.
>>
>>47107835

My friends are all retards. I don't care to keep up with them on the internet.
>>
I don't have a FB account and I'm happy. Whenever I see what my friends and relatives post there I want to puke everywhere. It's the most inane 9gag, YT comment tier bullshit while they are respectable people if you just talk to them in person.
>>
>>47107835
I had one because
>forced facebook group because people upload shit there
I checked yesterday, 350 emails on my shitty throwaway account, deleted the account without even thinking
>>
Everyone above me. Denial Denial Denial.
>>
>>47108105
You really don't know the meaning of the word "denial" do you?
>>
I do
I practically never use it except for instant messaging with my brother or sister, and it's mostly when they tell me to go on facebook.
I don't care for 97% of my "friends" and the shit they post
>>
I have no friends, what would I need a FB account for
>>
>>47108131
fuck u retard. I knw what it mean and u better stick to point.
>>
>>47107860
>✓ all alone
>✓ even his family doesn't like you
>✓ virgin
so obvious.
>>
>>47108096

>that one friend who posts in green text on FB

Kill them. Kill them all.
>>
>>47108047
>implying people don't knw your account is fake. Do you use your underage sister's pics?
>>
>>47108105
Sorry mr zyklonburg, we aren't your demographic. It seems the younger generation aren't either given the rise of other social networks. I don't even know what's cool any more, anyone with younger siblings who know? My family is way too noided for social media.
>>
>>47108159
What a completely well thought out and legitimate response. You make some good points. I'll definitely consider them.
>>
>>47108096
This.

It's like the front page of reddit, image macros and shit. My mom showed me a pic of Zyzz the other day and told me we're all going to make it. I fucking cringed.

There's no useful information there, it's just a timesink.
>>
>>47108156
U WANNA FITE MOTHER FRICKER LETS FITE
>>
I made $34.4 billion out of Facebook. How does this make you feel? Even the idea wasn't mine. I wanted to make another myspace/orkut website.
>>
>>47107835
i deleted my facebook account about 3yrs ago
>>
>>47108231
lol. Can't fight u coz u r nigger and obviously kill me. I am weak jew kid.
>>
>>47107835
>facebook
>not reddit

Kill yourself.
>>
I have one, I keep it as more of a "place holder" because there are literally people now that think you have "something to hide" if you don't have one; I don't upload shit; most of the information including my name isn't even correct: I use a nickname; don't have personal photos or use the check in function; the only function I use is the messenger to talk to a few friends + family. my stupid mom is the polar opposite and would give facebook her social security if they asked; always posting the dumbest shit, dumbest quotes, where she is, what she's doing; pictures of her house. I find that extremely annoying.
>>
>>47108760
>because there are literally people now that think you have "something to hide" if you don't have one;
Why do you care what they think. Its not worth having persons who care about such trivial shit be part of your life.
>>
>>47108245
>deleted

You mean made it inactive. Account is stil there.
>>
File: b29.png (151 KB, 421x500) Image search: [Google]
b29.png
151 KB, 421x500
>>47109021
how easily could someone get my old facebook account? Let's just say I wasn't as privacy minded a few years back as I am today.
>>
Because I genuinely don't.

Never needed one, never will.
>>
>>47109021
You can delete. Takes 14 days though. Account will not be there after (shadow will I'm sure). I went through the process.
>>
I do lol. I have friends that I keep in touch with chat for get together, parties and events. That'd all I use it for.
>>
>>47109090
you really need to stop listening to /pol/ if you think any of those future dystopia greentexts are honestly going to happen.
>>
>>47109110
i dont get on /pol/, just facebook, /g/, and the occasional news sites (soylentnews, reuters, financial times, whatever news source doesn't reek of clickbait at the moment)
>>
facebook is a personalized shitposting platform

shitposting is okay when it's anonymous and you can just close the tab and forged about those dumb fucks
it's much worse when you personally know people know post this inane shit and should deal with it or pretend it doesn't happen

it's terrible
>>
>>47107835

I don't deny it. I have an actual Facebook account because I have actual friends that I enjoy connecting with after we have left high school.
>>
uh oh my post was deleted am i banned yet
>>
because i have no-one to be social with
>>
>>47109271
k guess not

sorry janitors for triggering you :^)
>>
>>47109271
>>47109283
janitors have more power now compared to a few years back. nowadays they can just remove the post without having to issue a ban.
>>
I don't use it anymore. It stays up if someone absolutely has to contact me there.
>>
Got account. Deleted FB from my phone. Only check it once a while on desktop. Full of shit usually. I don't like most of shit my "friends" post. But u don't want to delete them. So I just keep the Acc to use with some apps to log in.
>>
>>47107835
Stop being a kid, and delete that crap. Only faggots use facebook, and don't want to admit how pointless their life is. Like me browsing /g/
>>
>>47107835

She is paranoid.
>>
I have one that i used to get a free spinfusor but i believe i closed it or hid it afterwards or something.
>>
Because everyone here is like "lol botnet".

Me, I just set my browser to automatically delete cookies, and I run a fresh session whenever I need to use fb. Once I'm done, I close that session and start a new one. Unlike some people here, I actually have a life, and that requires me to have a reliable method of communicating with other people I know irl. Facebook just so happens to be popular for that.
>>
File: 1292123500755.png (124 KB, 520x466) Image search: [Google]
1292123500755.png
124 KB, 520x466
>>47109426
>he actually thinking deleting your cookies gives you privacy while using facebook.
>>
>>47109353
>her
>>
>>47107835
My paranoia makes me think its some sort of registry, I also don't give blood for the same reason
>>
>>47109487
you might wanna see a doctor for that. That level of paranoia can't be healthy.
>>
>>47109455
I never said this was a surefire way of maintaining privacy on FB. I know damn well it's a datamining tool, just like Google and many other popular online services, and I accept it. I just like to fuck with them.
>>
>>47107957
What does he mean by "used" and "useds" ?
>>
>>47109426
>"I have a life"
>is so insecure anon has to declare this to everyone on 4chan
>>
>>47109941
Touché. I should have just kept my mouth shut.
>>
>>47107835
Because Facebook is shit. I have a fake account there BTW, perfect when you meet people and want to know more about them.
>>
>>47109874
>>47107957
Never mind it's at the end of the article.
>>
I used to have one, like all the other cool kids. But at some point, I barely used it for anything than looking at people I haven't seen in years and decided that it is not worth it. Deleted my account and started blocking facebook everywhere. Haven't looked back since.
>>
>2015
>still using Facebook
>not using WhatsApp, Twitter, Instagram, Meerkat, and Snapchat

what's it like being stuck in 2009 OP
>>
>>47110580
>instagram, meerkat, snapchat

w-wat is this. Are you a 17 yo girl?
>>
>>47110580
facebook owns whatsapp, don't they?

haven't even heard of meerkat and snapchat
>>
>>47107835
I got one in 2006, left in 2010.

I don't miss it at all.
>>
>>47110604
Exquisite proof that /g/ are overgrown manchilds
>>
>>47110917
>overgrown manchilds
redundant, a manchild is an overgrown child
>manchilds
manchildren*
>>
>>47108159
How does making a facebook prevent this? I mean he'll be sad and lonely either way.
>>
>>47111374
Facebook is to getting laid what youtube is to videos of funny cats.
>>
>>47107835
never had, never will.
>>
>>47109089
try logging back in, it's all there still. Don't be so delusional, no companies delete your content because it isn't your to delete.
>>
>>47111771
what does this mean?
>>
>>47111771
>what youtube is to videos of funny cats
what the actual fuck
>>
>>47111859
mean you can hit up random girls you don't know like a pleb, or tell them they are hot through a facebook message instead of getting their number like a real man and texting it to them
>>
File: 1426639221120.png (490 KB, 449x401) Image search: [Google]
1426639221120.png
490 KB, 449x401
>>47111374
kek
>>
>>47111837
No, you actually can delete fb account. I have done it, can't log back in. There is a link hidden somewhere in help center so almost nobody finds it.
>>
>>47112951
I made a fake Facebook account a few years ago so I could get Metro 2033 or some shit for free. When I was done I clicked on that link to "permanently" delete my account.

About a year later there was another promotion involving liking something on Facebook to get a free game. I checked to see if I could reactivate my old account so I wouldn't have to make another new one and sure enough I could access it.

They're right when they say the shit that gets posted on the internet stays there forever, at least in Facebook's case.
>>
>EVER having a facebook account
OP confirmed for king faggot
>>
>>47109808
>I just like to fuck with them.
You are just a moron since you think you're "fucking with them".
>>
>>47111885
You just described tinder.
>>
Because communications should not be centralized and exploitable by 3rd parties.
Federated is better, but p2p is the only sane choice.

Bow to your ipv6 overlords and fuck NAT.
>>
>>47112951
>There is a link hidden somewhere in help center so almost nobody finds it
Are you serious?
>>
File: Inside_Lisa's_brain.jpg (39 KB, 753x557) Image search: [Google]
Inside_Lisa's_brain.jpg
39 KB, 753x557
>>47107835

Ads, ads, ads.

Yet another "personalized newspaper" (same shit of Flipboard and Yahoo news)

Video autoplay
>>
I want to delete mine but I just can't.
>>
>>47113418
>>47113489
facebook /help/224562897555674
>>
>>47113569
I know how to, I just can't bring myself to do it.
>>
>>47107835

I dont have one.

>Check

Holy shit Zuckerburg made me a facebook account.

>That sneaky fucking jew.
>>
>>47113955
fuck you made me check just in case, even the cat at my uni has an account
Thread replies: 91
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.