[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
KickassTorrents = Shit because of DMCA
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 6
>Removed by the request of copyright owner and not available for download

Why do you people still use this shit? Links are going down left and right.

I'm switching to private trackers.

Fuck Kickass.
>>
>>47069471
Probably cause the interface is nice, but either way the pirate bay is the right way to go
>>
>>47069471
Uh, I'm not sure if you've figured this out or not, but they don't exactly get a choice about complying with DMCA takedowns.
>>
>>47069525
>they don't exactly get a choice about complying with DMCA takedowns.

Doesn't matter. Nobody should be using this shit.
>>
What torrent sites does /g/ use?
>>
>>47070123
at this point, i dunno
>>
File: 1396138843687.jpg (206 KB, 852x979) Image search: [Google]
1396138843687.jpg
206 KB, 852x979
>>47070123
I like using what.cd
>>
>>47070123
They only have taken down the main links in Kickass, there's like a dozen smaller torrents with less seeders that they leave alone for some reason
>>
>>47069471
Links went down left and right a couple of months ago. They promptly went back up the next day.

They take things down to satisfy DMCA claims, but let users upload the same thing because the claim was already satisfied.
>>
>>47070211
Can't get in without an invite.
>>
Would you rather they get shut down?

They remove it and it comes back :DDDD
>>
File: Before_gaming_got_casualized.jpg (79 KB, 500x486) Image search: [Google]
Before_gaming_got_casualized.jpg
79 KB, 500x486
>>47070250
the interview isn't that hard. although it does take a couple of hours to complete it. I got in on my first try
>>
>>47069991
nobody should be taking your opinion into consideration either.
>>
>Why aren't you using private trackers?

They keep detailed records of your activity, all traceable to your personally identifiable information. If they're raided, they're likely going to comply with law enforcement. All you're really doing is allowing someone to make a tidy list of all your illegal activities.

Public trackers have their issues, but data retention is far less feasible for them. I doubt they would have any practical reason to go out of their way to keep records of which IPs accessed which torrents at which times, and actually retain said information indefinitely.

>implying I do anything illegal in the first place

Remember that Linux distros, updates and open-source software packages are often available as torrents to conserve bandwidth. Why would anyone who uses torrents legally need private servers?
>>
>>47070123
thepiratebay.se
rarbg.com
llimetorrents.cc
extratorrent.cc

Tip: Find a torrent site and search for the latest episode of the walking dead, If you get no results find another torrent site. That tv show is hot for DMCA'S so if a torrent site has it they ignore them.
>>
>>47070755
tpb is back?
>>
>>47070755
limetorrents.cc

Spelt it wrong my bad, This is also the main public tracker site i use, They have everything i'm looking for including x265 encodes of tv shows.
>>
>>47070769
Its working for me ?
>>
File: HcT37[1].png (84 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
HcT37[1].png
84 KB, 1920x1080
>>47070769
>>
>>47070804
It's not botnet?
>>
>Why aren't you using private trackers?

I'm starting to. Thankfully I've been able to cheat my ratio.
>>
>2015
>not using limewire

are you even fucking trying?
>>
>>47070814
I use chrome so tpb being a botnet would be the least of my troubles. Works well for me been using it since it came back.
>>
>>47070804
>google chrome
oh you fucking retard!
>>
>>47070814
It probably is. But if you're halfway intelligent about how you're going about torrenting you shouldn't really care
>>
>>47070878
Define "halfway intelligent"
>>
Kickass had no problem with me downloading and watching the greatest horror movie ever made リング.
>>
>>47070886
A method (there are a few) that ensures the swarm never sees your actual IP address
>>
>>47070913
Yeah... About that...
>>
I need a torrent site that has software. I needed to reinstall microsoft office today and every place took it down. I need Outlook
>>
>>47070978
>microsoft office
>>
>taking down pirate bay won't stop public trackers
>pirate bay will be back
>another site will just replace pirate bay
has /g/ ever been right?
>>
>>47071045
>pirate bay is back
>a dozen other, better alternatives
>>
>>47070123
>What torrent sites does /g/ use?

Private trackers.
>>
>>47071076
How do I get in on that? I've got plenty of bandwidth.
>>
>>47071098
dicksucking and IRC politics
>>
>>47071098
sent ;)
>>
>>47071045
>>taking down pirate bay won't stop public trackers
>implying not dht
>>pirate bay will be back
>implying it's not back
>>another site will just replace pirate bay
>implying openbay is not a thing
>>
why do non-us websites answer to dmca? kat and all other sites are based outside the US yet they bend over to dmca requests
>>
>>47071115
Wut?
>>
>>47071146
they think obeying dmca will cover their ass which is funny considering old isohunt, megaupload etc also obeyed dmca and they got fucked as hard.
>>
>>47071146
because it staves off the mpaa from paying the government of they country from where they are hosting to raid their servers, at least for a while.
>>
>>47069471
You are literally retarded. Every website in existence is shit because of YMCA. Do you really believe pvt trackers don't get complaints? They receive less of course but they still receive them, and when that happens they have to comply or their server provider will 404 the whole fucking tracker. I know for experience, 2 of my blogs got YMCA'd because of some fucking fanart of chinese cartoons, not even torrents. Next they will go after forum avatars I guess? Fucking retards, hit the fans in the face right, that's how it works, surely gives them motivation to buy your shit.. NO IT DOESN'T! Idiots.
>>
>>47071191
This playing lapdog to these fuckers earns you no favours they will still come after you and take everything you have, Tpb is the only place with the balls to give them the finger we need more sites with that kind of mentality.
>>
I miss btjunkie
>>
>>47071295

tpb got v& hard though and even though they are back up, they haven't quite recovered yet... most of their users are still on KAT
>>
>>47071399
Agreed but give credit where credit is due, Most torrent sites shut down over the threat of getting raided.

This is TPB's 2nd raid and they are still coming back fighting for more, Not to mention all the old admins have served jail time. I don't even use tpb that much but i respect it for still standing.
>>
>>47071098
>>How do I get in on that? I've got plenty of bandwidth.

See here: >>47063877
>>
I used to have a 4.00 ratio account at TorrentLeech but apparently got close because I didn't log into the site for 90 days.
>>
>>47072070
>I used to have a 4.00 ratio account at TorrentLeech

That means nothing. That site is shit.
>>
>>47072085
Considering I only used to consume scene releases and the pred times where really fast, it was everything I needed.
>>
>>47072119
It's shit. Nobody uses it except retards who get in via open signups which are frequent.
>>
>>47072133
xD
>>
>torrents

Poorfags, pls go
>>
>want to watch better call saul
>dmca
>get mad
>go to isohunt
Isohunt is so ugly.
>>
>>47072696
What the fuck. None of the torrents from TPB or Isohunt work for episode 7 of better caul saul. Did they somehow remove it from the internet? Is this the end of piracy?
>>
I just do the smart thing like a normal non-spastic, and watch whatever I want on yify.tv.
>>
>try to find the latest series that were aired yesterday
>cannot find them
>look through other sites
>find them on kat
>the search function on kat has been purposefully fucked with because of dmca
>>
>>47072928
case and point

>https://kickass.to/usearch/Marvels.Agents.of.S.H.I.E.L.D.S02E13/?field=time_add&sorder=desc
>filter by age
>no s13
>look at links from other sites
>https://torrentz.eu/56cb5043b774b5f2ab3daf80095defceacf8860c
>its fucking right there on kat
>https://kickass.to/marvels-agents-of-s-h-i-e-l-d-s02e13-proper-720p-hdtv-x264-2hd-glodls-t10367756.html
>>
>people still use TPB
>in the year 2015
What do you guys still use Kazaa and napster too?
>>
File: 1419576640858.jpg (264 KB, 595x801) Image search: [Google]
1419576640858.jpg
264 KB, 595x801
>>47072895
A:10
V:10
Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.