[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Women in tech
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 5
File: image.jpg (39 KB, 500x333) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
39 KB, 500x333
Hey gee

Just doing a quick poll on women in tech and was wondering what is you're opinion on said matter?
>>
I think this thread is going to be the pure essence of autistic faggots in an hour.
>>
>>47056616
I hate everyone
>>
Pic related is what gives them a bad name.

Other than *those* types, it's good to have some women about.
>>
>>47056616
it shouldn't matter if a woman is doing something technology related or not but unfortunately both women themselves and men make a big deal of it
>>
>>47056616
Since you can be bothered using your and you,re correctly, I'm not posting in this shitty thread
>>
>>47056616
I dont care
>>
I'm so sick of hearing about it.
>>
A human being. Do they have the skills and knowledge? Good, carry on, don't care about what type of genitals you have.
>>
>>47056653
>don't care about what kind of genitals

I bet you don't
>>
>>47056657
Behind a UI, it is difficult to tell the sex of a programer.
>>
use strawpoll next time
>>
>>47056664
No
>>
>>47056673
yes
>>
>>47056616
I'm a "woman in tech". Or I'd be one when I graduate if I get a job (computer engineering). Honestly I feel like I was only accepted because I'm a girl applying to engineering school.
>>
>>47056616
Nothing wrong with it, they're human too. Know a few comp sci that are female that are pretty knowledgeable because their parents were comp sci graduates with jobs in industry.
>>
>>47056783
Better than being accepted based on race.
>>
>>47056783
traps do not count
>>
>>47056783
wish i was a girl, maybe i'd be able to go to a decent school and get a job that doesn't suck
>>
>>47056616
Don't care bout it. As long as they have skills, there's no problem.
>>
>>47056803
M-maybe race too. Although I'm asian and I'm pretty sure asian girls outnumber white girls in engineering. Blacks are basically non-existent though.

>>47056811
Bitch tell me that when I literally turn into a bleeding cunt next month

>>47056817
I'm also still working on that job part...
>>
>>47056616
>>47056631
pretty much this.

personally i don't see the problem with woman in tech. if they're good at what they do, they should be able to get good jobs.
>>
>>47056616
I don't really have an opinion, since I haven't met a female IT worker outside accademia. But I guess as long as they've got the skills, I'm okay.
>>
>>47056664
>>47056673
>>47056702
Up next: Strawpoll on whether or not to use strawpoll.
>>
>>47056616
It's fine if they do the same work.

My curious question is why women barely work in the STEM fields compared to men? Will there be an increase because of independent women? Will it remains the same?
>>
>>47056616
I don't fucking care.
Which tends to enrage them because they seem expect some kind of special treatment for being such a rare spergflake.
>>
>>47056817
>tfw you will never get a job simply for applying because the whole industry feels like they absolutely need you
>>
I don't care as long as they do shit.
>>
>>47056933
I still don't get this. They say they want equality but respond negatively to it.
>>
>>47056916
Decide now!

http://strawpoll.me/3891443
>>
>>47056616
Who the fuck cares, as long as they're competent?
Incompetent women should not be accepted or forced because "muh equality".
>>
File: Adriana-Gascoigne---Girls-009.jpg (290 KB, 1430x858) Image search: [Google]
Adriana-Gascoigne---Girls-009.jpg
290 KB, 1430x858
>>47056616
more like this, please
>>
>>47056616
What difference does it make? If you are a girl and interested in computers then good for you! Just dont make a big deal out of it. Do you work, get paid, live your life. If you want attention then try hollywood.
>>
>>47056616
>muh gaymergate
Reported.
>>
>>47056616
Women in tech are fine. End of story.

/thread
>>
File: 1401382291402.jpg (41 KB, 500x341) Image search: [Google]
1401382291402.jpg
41 KB, 500x341
>tfw women in tech propaganda is like gurl gamer shit
I wish murrikan feminists would leave this matter alone, go fuck with athletes or something.
>>
>>47056616
Roughly half of my lecturers at uni were women and they were good. Of all the 5 women in my classes only one had any intention of going into 'tech'.

I'm now an admin, I've worked with one woman and she's only doing it to get paid.

Almost all of the 'women in tech' news items are actually about women in management, women in media or women doing something that if they were men wouldn't get a second glance.

What the fuck happened?
>>
>>47056616
>no this is not bf comp

fucking women all they think about is dick
>>
>>47056642
>bu..but..but you just did
>>
>>47057215
No, most women just really have this massive inferiority complex and notion that they must prove that they are better than men all the time but mostly fail because they do it to feel better about themselves, not to actually be good at what they do.

t. grill
>>
Thanks for this thread, /g/. It really alleviates a certain anxiety I was experiencing.
>>
Wait until the want PARITY and they hire less skilled women to have a 50/50 distribution.
>>
Just like with men, there are awesome and there are shitty ones. Unfortunately the shitty ones get all the spotlight.
>>
>>47056616
My girlfriend is quite a good programmer (if you go by her grades), while I couldn't code my way out of a wet paperbag. On the other hand, I'm a lean mean network machine, when it comes to setting up and maintain servers and networks, where she barely know the difference between a RJ45 and RJ47 cable.
>>
>>47056616
>what is you're opinion on said matter?
Women in tech would be awesome. As long as they don't play the women card to get benefits.
>>
>>47057199
>What the fuck happened?
It works decently well at distracting from other problems. One side will eat it up and defend it till death while the other site is getting mad because its absolutely everywhere, so you have two parties fighting each other instead of caring about actual problems.
>>
no problem with it whatsoever.
>>
File: image_0.jpg (74 KB, 720x540) Image search: [Google]
image_0.jpg
74 KB, 720x540
>>47056642
>You,re
Are you fucking kidding?
Learn to type before being a grammar Nazi.
>>
>>47056616

There is a major problem with how feminists view technological fields that negatively affects the women who want to be apart of these fields.

If you go on any popular feminist discussion group, you'll notice a particular vitriol against STEM. Okay, so a lot of feminists don't think STEM is important. It just so happens that feminism also supports this idea of female empowerment. So a movement that is trying to empower females is painting a negative picture of a group of fields that they simultaneously complain does not have enough women. WTF?

So they are artificially reducing the amount of empowered women in STEM majors and even further so in technology specifically. They are teaching women to believe that these technology fields are full of men who suck. FYI there are plenty of men and women who suck in every single field in existence.

Basically, I don't give a fuck if women are programming just so the quality of the programming is good. If I recall correctly, an androgynous username committed something to a repository and then was told "hey, no, sorry this code sucks". We find out later that this username was someone who was a female. What do feminists do? They freak the fuck out like men were targeting this particular individual not because its code sucked, but because it was a woman. Great, so women should be empowered by not being criticized.

The problem with women in tech is that feminism has been bastardized into "NO CRITICISM OF MINORITIES EVER".

Feminists today want an obese person to be able to be a nutritionist without being criticized for choices in diet and fitness.

Feminists today don't want a woman with long nails to be told that she can't have long nails because it's a safety issue for her on the construction site.

Feminists today have a detrimental effect on women in tech.
>>
>>47057368
Sums it up pretty well I guess.
More often than not the problem aren't the women who are in tech, but the women who are NOT in tech yet think they should have the authority over what's done in tech.
>>
>>47056856
Hate to agree with a trip, but yes - what we need are good programmers and designers, regardless of gender.
>>
>>47057368
>Feminists today don't want a woman with long nails to be told that she can't have long nails because it's a safety issue for her on the construction site.

To be honest I don't see many women/feminists campaigning for there to be more women in construction work or heavy physical labor in general, it's always "there needs to be more women on TV, in technology, in video games". Funny how that works.
>>
>>47056616
Nobody gives a fuck if they're actually in tech. If they're "evangelical marketers" that claim to be "in tech" then it can rustle jimmies.
>>
File: 49f.png (130 KB, 534x400) Image search: [Google]
49f.png
130 KB, 534x400
>>47057333
nice trips btw
Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.