[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Studying economics >Walk into class >Female lecturer
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 6
File: 1426471527686.jpg (76 KB, 600x583) Image search: [Google]
1426471527686.jpg
76 KB, 600x583
>Studying economics
>Walk into class
>Female lecturer
>"Naw that's so awesome! Everyone is using macs!"
>Look around
>Everyone actually is using macs

What the fuck is up with college students and macs /g/. I don't understand the appeal. These people are going to be running our countries soon.
>>
>successful ad campaign
>Parents are willing to pay for their computer
>bad experiences with Windows
I think thats about it.
>>
Why do you care?
>>
>>47056505
your fault for taking a meme subject
>>
>>47056505
They are good computers.
>>
>>47056505
>Studying economics
Was this part really relevant?
>>
>>47056505
le ebic lonix i hate macs meme ;(( ebin
>>
>>47056554
Macfag detected. Of course you would use a trip too.
>>
File: 1426465604551.jpg (3 MB, 3619x3549) Image search: [Google]
1426465604551.jpg
3 MB, 3619x3549
>>47056554
>implying I'm a linux virgin neet
PC GAMING MASTER RACE XD
HAIL LORD GABEN
>>
>>47056505
It just werks :^)
>>
>>47056525
He's autistic. Any time you wonder why someone on /g/ is obsessed with Apple, it's because of autism.
>>
>>47056505
>What the fuck is up with college students and macs

One of the biggest reasons i see it is Students on Financial Aid, Poorfags are alloted certain government monies to buy essentials from the college, and many offer laptops, iDevices, and Mac products. So when life gives you a free macbook, you take that shit

> I don't understand the appeal.

They're pretty, and out of the box, less shitty than your traditional shit-filled pre-built laptops. Good Design, great first party apps. A huge thing that i see for college is that it's got good battery life.

Above all - everything i mentioned is Heavily marketed by the apple team -

Combine that with the fact that pre-built windows based laptops are slow, full of bloatware, suck ass at a cheap price, people go with the mac that just werks

A person well versed in tech will find better laptops to fill their needs for cheaper, but the person who wants results now buys a macbook

>These people are going to be running our countries soon.

the smart folk are few and far between, but they're there
>>
>>47056564
>use a trip
that's a namefag, you fucking retard.
>>
>>47056505
Obama already uses a mac.
>>
File: Screen Shot copy 6.png (304 KB, 813x456) Image search: [Google]
Screen Shot copy 6.png
304 KB, 813x456
I wish the market would become saturated with normies using Think Pads running Arch Linux.

Just so I could see how fast /g/ switched to Macbook Airs.
>>
Think different, OP.
>>
>>47056505

Macs are the tool of the devil!

>>47056527
No...you are talking about Physics, because of The Big Bang Theory Show...that hasn't been funny since the 2nd season ended
>>
>>47056699
Bazooper xD!
>>
>>47056605
All the same; attention whoring faggots abusing image board features.
>>
>>47056752
Stop trying to cover for your newfaggotry, fucking retard.
>>
>>47056505
At my university (UTS, Straya), Surface Pros have been getting popular as fuck lately.

Specially in the engineering building.
>>
>>47056505

university discounts

stop being a fucking autist and deal with it
>>
>>47056658
>Just so I could see how fast /g/ switched to Macbook Airs.

Half of /g/ uses MBPs anyway, I have a Thinkpad and a MBP. It's only the hardcore GNUtards and the gaymen kiddies who get all spergy about Apple products.
>>
>>47056505

You're a special snowflake just like you wanted to be when you installed a hipster OS on your hipster piece of shit corporate surplus laptop, you should be happy!
>>
>>47056536
for me to poop on
>>
Macs are fashionable and they look prettier than most laptops. Also student discounts.
>>
File: 1426444906178.png (499 KB, 633x519) Image search: [Google]
1426444906178.png
499 KB, 633x519
>>47056778
>UTS

>going to a university not in the group of 8

what were you thinking
>>
File: 1395353042431.jpg (22 KB, 338x332) Image search: [Google]
1395353042431.jpg
22 KB, 338x332
>>47056767
>imblying I'm the person you were replying to
>imblying
>>
>tfw eastern yurop
>tfw a brand new mac is more expensive than 25% of the cars you can see on the streets
I've seen literally 1 person using a macbook in my 24 years of living here.
>>
>>47056823
Most gnutards I've seen like apple better than Microsoft, Apple has a decent amount of Free Software support.
>>
>>47056921
>gnutards

hurr durr.

Linux user here, hate Apple more than Microsoft. Apple are worse in almost every way... Vendor lock-in on the hardware, walled-garden software, horrible GUI design (lol, here, have ONE menu, enjoy wasting time trying to carry out menu actions while switching from one application to another!) etc, etc.
>>
>>47056987
At least you choose the lock in.
Microsoft loves to spread their software lock in everywhere.
I've never had a situation where I've had a problem because of apple lock in.
Often times it's the opposite.

Microsoft? Not so much.

Now, granted, they treat their customers like idiots, and are full of false advertising, but not my problem.
>>
>>47056882
Lel. The Yuoropoor mayme is real.
>>
>>47056605
Settle down neckbeard, I didn't realise.

>HURR DURR YOU DIDN'T EVEN SEE A TRIPPPCODE
>>
>>47057024
eastern yurop isn't even real yurop

slavshits are disgusting
>>
>>47056864
Kek. It was me.
>>
People who use apple products, whether its a mac book or an iphone are all stupid and normies. They are 95% of the people who don't like to think for themselves.
They are the kind of people who want it easy in life and do not want to engage in something which they do not consider as "important".
For example, they do not think technology is important and learning new things is important as far as they get what they want. (And this is what Apple is exploiting. Even MS users fall into that category but at-least they know how to install, uninstall, crack or copy programs and files.)
They are the most ignorant and narcissists people on the planet and there are lots of them as I mentioned above.
These people are generally the ones who think Hitler gassed jews and faggots because they are different without knowing the real reason behind it.
These people are the ones who are ruining our planet and must be eradicated because they will never change because they think they have something important to do with their life. You know what that important thing is? To breed like rats and make carbon copies of themselves to further damage human intelligence and the planet.
If someone is not interested in how politics, economics and science work and only talks about money and having fun then most probably they are macfags and should be shot on sight.
>>
>>47057008
>At least you choose the lock in.

This is true as far as any vendor goes... You can always choose not to use the product(s) of any vendor who's pulling that particular stunt...

>Microsoft loves to spread their software lock in everywhere.

Agreed, I just think Apple are worse for doing it with hardware as well, and with a ridiculous mark-up on that hardware too.

>I've never had a situation where I've had a problem because of apple lock in.
>Often times it's the opposite.

Examples of Microsoft lock-in problems you've had that Apple doesn't also do?

>Now, granted, they treat their customers like idiots, and are full of false advertising, but not my problem.

>implying Apple don't also do this.
>>
>>47057148
> This is true as far as any vendor goes... You can always choose not to use the product(s) of any vendor who's pulling that particular stunt...

Not really.

When I get emailed a docx, or when want to use netflix (I don't use netflix, but it's a good example), etc.....

I've never encountered some proprietary apple format.
Closest I've came is AAC, which isn't a big deal.

Also Microsoft at my uni took over the damn email, so I have to use their exchange crap.

>Now, granted, they treat their customers like idiots, and are full of false advertising, but not my problem.
I was referring to apple with this statement.
Microsoft is a lot better regarding this, as long as they don't go full FUD.
>>
>>47057148
Yeah. Microsoft are dicks for not supporting my Raspberry Pi with Windows. Fucking bullshit vendor lock-in.
>>
>>47057172
My point is, apples lock in only gets you if you're stupid enough to buy into their ecosystem.
It has very limited reach outside apple.
>>
>good build quality
>stable operating system
>god tier applecare support
>>
>>47056505
Dont worry anon you can stick a big apple sticker on your thinkpad so you look at last as cool as the other kidsrs
>>
>>47056505

because you live in a rich area filled with dumb cunts

I go to Hayward state university and my class would be lucky to have a single notebook.

>These people are going to be running our countries soon.

30 years ago people would circlejerk about how great their cable service was. Think about that.
>>
>>47057116

>and normies

go back to /r9k/
>>
>>47057212
>responding to false flagging
>>
>>47056505
Initially read "everyone is using emacs". You're in the wrong school OP.
>>
>>47057221
>implying you are not an applefag
>implying you are not a homo
>>
>gets offered a free mac
>takes it
>installs fedora on it
>I am now Linus
>>
As an economics master, I don't understand how you are so surprised by this.

It's simple marketing, Apple has marketed and priced itself as the king of the hill, and (tech illiterate) people believe it.

Also buying more expensive shit acts as both a signal to outsiders that you have money and people derive status and subsequently utility from it.

tl;dr most people are dumb consumer whores.
>>
>>47056699
>that hasn't been funny since the 2nd season ended
it was never funny
>>
>>47057301
>I buy an Alienware so I can compile gentoo faster
>>
It's Windows fault. At this point only GNU/Linux on the desktop can save the PC industry.
Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.