[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Who is this marketed towards? What's the target demographic?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2
File: macbook_overview_og.jpg (58 KB, 1200x1200) Image search: [Google]
macbook_overview_og.jpg
58 KB, 1200x1200
Who is this marketed towards?

What's the target demographic?
>>
People for whom computers are not a hobby, not a job, but just a tool.

Aka not you or me or anyone who goes to /g/.
>>
Morons
>>
People who want a high quality ultra portable computer.
>>
girls

>omg da gold laptop must have
>>
>they didn't wait for skylake to come out
rip in peace, it would actually be worth purchasing if they just waited another ~6 months.
>>
People who don't give a shit about specs because all they do is facebooking yet have $1300 to blow on a computer.
>>
File: clickclick.png (273 KB, 465x250) Image search: [Google]
clickclick.png
273 KB, 465x250
>>47040775
Might as well borrow my boyims money.
>tee hee
>>
>>47040757
People who care about how good their screens are.
>>
Arch users
>>
>>47040757
People who aren't poor enough to pay for one of these, but not rich enough to know how to manage money properly.
>>
>>47040764
>a tool
What kind of sick retard would by a disfunctional tool like a Macbook?
>>
Plebs
>>
>>47040757
Apple's strategy is to put out a completely stupid product into the market, then see what kind of stupid retards would buy it, then release a new version in 6 months in order to cater to the aforementioned retards' stupidity.
>>
>>47040757
Seriously, I'd buy it if all I do is reply to emails and watch streaming videos. That means I don't need any usb ports. As for people complaining about the CPU, it's comparable to non-overclocked Q6600 or a haswell i3, and will wipe the floor with any mobile Core2Duo processors (yes, it's a lot faster than your shitty old thinkpads).
>>
>>47041262
>haswell i3
I mean mobile Haswell i3.
>>
It's marketed towards people who are almost satisfied by the iPad but want a more robust typing option.

Or maybe it's marketed toward people who want a netbook form factor and were willing to pay upwards of a thousand dollars for a good one, if only Asus and the others could have gotten their retard faggot shit together and made something that wasn't a collective piece of shit.
>>
>>47040757
People who care about its looks and treat laptops like a fashion accessory rather than a tool.
>>
It's an apple Chromebook
Capable of browsing Facebook twitter tumblr and YouTube answering emails reading PDFs and not much else.
Coincidentally thus is what most people use their laptops for.
>>
>>47041300
>People who care about its looks and treat laptops like a fashion accessory rather than a tool.
/Thread
That's it. Homos and girls.
>>
>>47041312
It's amazing how quickly /g/ went from
>THIS'LL NEVER SELL, APPLE IS DOOMED LOL
to
>OKAY THIS'LL SELL, BUT ONLY TO HOMOS AND WOMEN
which presumably is their market in the first place; the same demographic upon which they've become one of the most valuable companies in the world.

I wonder if, at an individual level, people on /g/ ever recover from their delusions and wash-out after realizing that this board is unhinged from reality in many of the same ways that doomsday cults are. Every time their retarded prophesy turns out false, people read the tea leaves and say the end is ACTUALLY coming next time.
>>
>>47040757
Idiots.

They have always been the target group for Apple.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.