[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How does a womans tech-capabilities differ from a mans? Speaking
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 95
Thread images: 9
File: property of Chad.jpg (218 KB, 864x1152) Image search: [Google]
property of Chad.jpg
218 KB, 864x1152
How does a womans tech-capabilities differ from a mans? Speaking in a general way.

Are women better with social media? Do they know more about when the new iPhone will come out and what it will have?

Are the genders the same?
>>
pcb?
more like pussyb
>>
A general rule of thumb is that men think and women feel.
>>
Well they sure can't hold any electronic cards properly.
Those cards are going to be full of fingermarks now.
>>
>>46925323
they are more hype about buying a new macbook and iphone, but usually dont know more than "its the new one so its better!"

they care very little about specs and otehr details, other than maybe how it looks and if they like how it looks.

they are better at social media and networking because generally people are more willing to talk to females, its why they're receptionist.

but thats reffereing to basic wimmin.

women can be as competent as men pretty easily(though less at the higher end of tech) but most arent. there are less women science, and less producing major insights and breakthroughs(by proportion) They can deffinitely be an average to decently good lap tech or softeare nigger, but less likely to be amazing.
>>
>>46925323
The female brain has evolved to serve the man, logical thinking is not something they have evolved to do.
>>
>>46925323
Why would you even ask something like this on /g/?
Do you think you'll get reasonable answers?
>>
>>46925505

I am unemployed.
>>
>>46925323
It's all about motivation, men and women are genetically different, men tend to be more motivated by technical stuff, my uni is pushing subscription/books sales for women who decide to join, it's sad I know...
>>
Is there, er, more of that picture OP?
>>
File: pci-card.jpg (13 KB, 400x278) Image search: [Google]
pci-card.jpg
13 KB, 400x278
>>46925565
>>
File: 1 (4).jpg (218 KB, 1600x1059) Image search: [Google]
1 (4).jpg
218 KB, 1600x1059
>>46925323
If she didn't have those 60s glasses, did her hair and wasn't under flash lighting she would be hot

especially naked

>tfw no gf that knows how to install gentoo
>>
>>46925323
Does she sleep on a fucking cabinet?
>>
>>46925323
Women live on worry and complaint. Men live on boredom and anger.

A man will seek to sate his boredom until he becomes angry. A woman will bitch until something happens and then worry about it.
>>
>>46925693
This is so utterly perfect. I can't speak for women, but the men part describes perfectly.
>>
>>46925323
>How does a womans tech-capabilities differ from a mans? Speaking in a general way.
In a general way it's hard to measure. The women I came across aren't interested in technology. When you don't care about something you don't really develop any related skills.
Based on a different field (car driving) I'd say there's not much difference.
Again, most women I meet aren't interested in cars, they use them out of necessity. However I am aware of women who enjoy car driving and strive (or did so some time ago) to perfect it. Then we get names like Michele Mouton or Sabine Schmitz.
>>
>>46925591

Fuck, my dick is gettin' hard.
>>
If you took an equally knowledgeable man and woman and minimized all variables not relating to gender I think you would find both would be relatively equally matched as far as tech capabilities with only very minor differences.

If you are comparing the AVERAGE woman to the AVERAGE man I would say that men are typically more tech savvy.
>>
>>46925323

>http://youtu.be/hTekDcdtVcg

>Rabit. Flu shot. Someone talk to me.

>Cancer?
>>
>>46925323
some women are able to turn on their webcam and log on to a camwhoring site, and that's all the tech skills they need
>>
Women can have technology skills.
>>
>>46925801
Thanks for illuminating the subject for us.

>>46925323
On average, women are less talented and much less interested in technical matters. Furthermore, the variance in intelligence is wider in the male population.
>>
>>46925693
Haha check out the big brain on Brett!
>>
>>46925799
Sadder is that most men are just able to log in to can worrying sites where the women are and fap
>>
>>46925323
Women tend to have an extra finger growing from the side of their thumb that lets them type faster on touchscreens. They also have a special gland in their brains that lets them sense whether you're lying over textual communication
>>
Thats kinda kawaii. Post moar.
>>
>>46926060

>Thats kinda kawaii

I know right, she has so much untapped potential

>tfw no unkempt, diamond in the rough nerdy gf
>>
>>46926072
Ewwww, Gross... I was talking about the graphics card in her right hand. She is filthy, I wish I could unsee her.
>>
>>46925782
Rabit?
>>
>>46925693
How does everyone not have all four?
>>
>>46925374
>implying most men care about specs
Its the same with both genders, they want the new one cause "its better"
>>
>>46925323
>How does a womans tech-capabilities differ from a mans?

they don't exist. Seriously, look at the knowledge level of the average male comp sci student vs the average female student. I had no idea how bad it was until I started college.
>>
>>46927206
In my experience they are equally as bad.
>>
This thread is like distilled autism
>>
File: areyoufuckingkiddingmejack.jpg (44 KB, 560x321) Image search: [Google]
areyoufuckingkiddingmejack.jpg
44 KB, 560x321
>>46927218
I guess the females are just bad at faking it.

>last semester
>tech support class
>basically just troubleshooting windows with a dash of command prompt here and there
>final exam
>hands-on portion
>instructor "breaks" computer somehow, you need to fix it
>first bug
>disables admin account, switches login screen to "welcome screen" style
>fuck about for a bit and "fix" it, login as admin
>easy day
>find out later that every woman in class fucked that part up, one of them apparently failed the final
>mfw
>>
>>46927283
I thought you were doing a CS course?
>>
>>46927283
>tech support class
Really shooting for the stars, eh?
>>
>>46925323

Not any difference really. Anything substantive is probably baked in through society and my mother telling my sister its ok to fail science since shes a girl.
>>
>>46925323
She looks like a female and young version of linus trovalds
>>
>>46925376
Great bait mate
>>
>>46927486
>not fucking her and screaming "LINUS SENPAI" when you cum
>>
>>46925591
underrated post
>>
>>46925323
They don't differ that much.
It's mostly that woman aren't interested in that kind of stuff.
And if they are, most expect men to do the job for them or cry oppression and muh soggy knees if they don't.

I've worked with some pretty female developers who really knew what they were doing, so there are definitely exceptions.

>>46925336
>A general rule of thumb is that men think and women feel.
This is true to some extent, but doesn't really hinder a woman's competence in technology related fields if they don't let muh feels take over.
>>
>>46927696
>And if they are, most expect men to do the job for them or cry oppression and muh soggy knees if they don't.
You don't get off the internet much, do you?

>so there are definitely exceptions
Exceptions to what? Someone you only view as a sex object being competent?
>>
>>46925323
>Dem Sound Blasters
>>
>>46927728
Did you even read my post?
I said that there are many women who just get into the field because it's "hip" or something.
These are most of the time not really interested in it and are therefore shit in what they are doing.
There are also men who do exactly this, but from my personal experience it's a lot more females than males.

I also said that there are a lot of women who are genuinely interested in tech stuff and these are the ones who are really great developers.
A female who is interested in tech and actually works/studies for it is in no way worse than a man who does the same.

>you only view as a sex object
I'm asexual. Dumbfuck.

Now go back to tumblr please.
>>
>>46927766
>a lot of women who are genuinely interested in tech stuff and these are the ones who are really great developers
No, you said that most women who are genuinely interested "expect men to do the job for them or cry oppression and muh soggy knees if they don't".

>I'm asexual. Dumbfuck.
Then why is being "pretty" part of the exception?
>>
>>46927794
>Then why is being "pretty" part of the exception?
Didn't even see that "pretty" in my post.
I was going to write something like "pretty much every female I worked with" but changed it.
I have overlooked the "pretty" apparently.
Freudian slip at its finest probably.

>No, you said that most women who are genuinely interested "expect men to do the job for them or cry oppression and muh soggy knees if they don't".
You are correct.
Now that I read it again, I worded it badly.
It's 6 am here and I'm tired as fuck.
>>
>>46927794
Not him, but you don't have to be sexually attracted to someone to recognize that they are pretty/handsome.
>>
>>46927835
Thank you for admitting your mistake. I'm sorry for being so aggressive.
>>
In my c++ class there were a lot of girls who just asked smarter guys around them for help or to copy. It was a intro class so shit wasn't even too hard, they just abused poor dudes niceness.

In my computer engineering classes we went from 6-7 girls to only 2 over one semester. Both of the ones left are ugly but smart. I ended up talking to one of the professors I had, and he told me that most of the girls did really good on homework, but completely failed tests.

I think it's still kind of a transitioning time for women in different majors. In STEM fields women are definitely a minority. My school actually has a women in engineering group which only has like 20 members. Step into any lab on campus and it's always 90% men
>>
File: 1425298213855.jpg (442 KB, 717x880) Image search: [Google]
1425298213855.jpg
442 KB, 717x880
>>
>>46927766
>I'm asexual
>go back to tumblr

Is this bizarro-land?
>>
>>46927232

/thread

I have a female intern who is better with circuit analysis and soldering than her male counterparts. However, while she is into gaming and building computers, as a woman society puts a lot of different expectations on her than men. She is expected to behave in different ways, and she has to worry pregnancy, not looking like a slut, if she wants kids she has to decide before 35, men treat her as if she is not educated, etc...
>>
>>46927958
>implying asexuals aren't the true masterrace uninfluenced by the Jew's tricks to make our women breed with basketball Americans
>>
>>46927975
Yeah you're totally "winning" by not even trying.

Surely the Jews have won by knocking you out of the game, correct?
>>
>>46927302
>tech support
>CS

I don't see the problem here

>>46927465
it's a required course for CS. There's also programming, operating systems, and some networking.
>>
File: 1425269029003.jpg (18 KB, 506x454) Image search: [Google]
1425269029003.jpg
18 KB, 506x454
>>46925591

fucking fantastic
>>
>>46925323

Who dis vixen?
>>
>>46928010
That's not CS. It might be the title of the course but by definition it isn't CS. Hell, it's barely even SE, it's just plain IT.
>>
I think women can be just as good as men in tech, but they settle for average because they don't know any better.

For example, I have an aunt who works in IT. She thinks she's the THE BEST with computers because of it. But unlike a lot of people here, she doesn't frequent forums or communities where learning about computers is an actual hobby. She doesn't know just how much there IS to computers, so she doesn't strive to reach or to learn all of that.

Generally, I would say that women and men can be the same when it comes to it, but women often don't reach their potential due to a lack of interest or a general dissuasion about the subject from society.
>>
>>46928053
Take it up with the department heads.

In reality there was no tech support per se, just command prompt shit and installing windows.
>>
>>46928103
I don't care that it's called CS, universities do that all the time, but by telling people you are doing CS is a blatant lie and could easily get you into trouble in the future. I'm just warning you brah.

>command prompt shit and installing windows
>not tech support
Please stop embarrassing yourself.
>>
The ultimate answer to this is women just don't give a shit.

Men are drawn to fields like engineering or math which involve machines and achieving things for the purpose of achieving them. A man can build something impressive which might provide unlimited fascination to them, but to a woman it doesn't mean much because it is just a thing.

Women are drawn to things like medicine (which can be very technical) or teaching because that is directly related to there desire to take care of something living and to apply emotions to it.
>>
>>46925331
Hue
>>
>>46928146
>implying women aren't creative
>>
>>46927892
I always liked having a majority male class because with girls it always becomes muh dick. I took a sociology class one semester for shits and giggles and I almost didn't make that A because the cuties were distracting with their God tier perfumes that make me want to eat pussy and their smooth silky legs and all that effort they put into their outfit. You don't have to deal with shit like that when its all males.
>>
File: 06595_1277504326444_123_343lo.jpg (224 KB, 864x1152) Image search: [Google]
06595_1277504326444_123_343lo.jpg
224 KB, 864x1152
Faggot OP didn't post more
>>
>>46928180
>>46925323
is this Jodi Arias?
>>
>>46928168

> Name once instance where one ever way...
>>
>>46928180
>tfw have a better ass
>>
>>46928168
Art is an emotional endeavor.
>>
>>46928180

MOAR
>>
>>46928124
>could easily get you into trouble in the future.

oh no, I might not get that job as Verizon's CEO.

But seriously, I don't give a shit. What would you consider to be CS, then?
>>
>>46928226
noun
the science that deals with the theory and methods of processing information in digital computers, the design of computer hardware and software, and the applications of computers.
>>
>>46925376
Your fedora is showing
>>
>>46928191
Go to any craft fair or hobby lobby and it is all women.
>>
File: 1386351402451.jpg (11 KB, 308x291) Image search: [Google]
1386351402451.jpg
11 KB, 308x291
>>46925323
>>46928180

Looks like she's more interested in cats than dudes.

But I'd still hit it
>>
>>46928243
I meant name classes, you smart ass.
>>
>>46928244
i don't see anything about religion in his post though
>>
>>46925693
>Women live on worry and complaint. Men live on boredom and anger.
I'm stealing that you fedora wearing faggot.
>>
>>46928265
Fedora's aren't just atheism.

It applies to any edgy opinion that could be held stereo-typically by a 20 something fashion ignorant, nerdy, socially awkward, romantically unfulfilled, man/boy/manchild.
>>
>>46928264
Discrete mathematics, linear algebra, calculus, algorithms, AI, category theory, etc.
>>
>>46928296
nah, it's just a meme about atheists

you can't redefine terms to encompass people you don't like
>>
>>46928244
His post is the opposite of fedora if anything.
You can't just call anything you don't like "fedora"
If anything your post is fedora.
>>
>>46928319
s-so you mean my women's literature and philosophy classes don't count as CS?
>>
>>46925323
if you set aside stereotypes, not much.
Stereotypes are a huge factor in the differences between any group because it produces an idea of how the members of the groups are expected to act and behave regardless if the individuals conform to the behaviors. This is more a topic for psychology/sociology than technology, if a man's and woman's tech skill differ.
>>
>>46928321
It isn't. If you float in nerdy circles you will bump into these people.

It is the same core mindset, being an atheist who believes that they are obviously more intelligent than anyone who disagrees, being someone who doesn't understand that any problems they have with the opposite sex might in fact be their fault, and thinking a stupid fucking hat paired with jeans and a t-shirt makes you cool all come from being a shy nerd without powers of introspection or empathy.
>>
>>46928393
yeah, it is though
>>
>>46928409
It is a meme grounded in reality. I can name 3 people IRL who match everything I just typed, and they all wear stupid fucking hats like that.

They are all Atheists, and none of them have a girlfriend.
>>
>>46928444
I don't go outside enough or have any friends to actually ever have verified that people actually do that shit.
I just thought that le fedora tipping meme had gone too far, but those fucks are real?
>>
>>46928462
Yes.

There isn't any kind of brotherhood or group agreement among these guys it seems either, they just all independently decided they like that hat and know fuck all about fashion.
>>
>>46925323
>Aphrodite pose
>>
File: critical mass.png (168 KB, 235x326) Image search: [Google]
critical mass.png
168 KB, 235x326
>>46928381
stop identifying stereotype as instructions given by some mystical powerful monstruous human social culture.

a stereotype is ALWAYS based on at least one reliable case.

Individuals doesn't conform to"typical" behavior if they have minimum willpower, denying this is changing the People into disoriented children just for the perversity wich comes by the idea of guiding them in any way.

This is what politicians and CEOs absolutely need you and your family to believe...

Freedom of will was granted, now it's a debate about trying to prove human race can't even into itself.
>>
>>46928462

Like Sterotypes, memes are based on some level of reality.

Yes, Fedoras are real.
Thread replies: 95
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.