[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/hackintosh/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 6
Old one died. Questions about how to get it up and running are welcome. Post specs.
>>
I'm tempted to turn my eeepc into one. Suggestions? I know there is a community of hackintosh eeepcs out there with good tutorials
>>
amdfx
>>
Heres my daily Hackintosh
>>
tonymacx86.com

Coming to /g/ for help with edge case of hackintosh setups is setting yourself up for failure. Ask the community with thousands of successful builds and identities you can track down (and private message) later, not the ephemeral anonymous board of people who don't really like OS X, let alone hackintoshes.
>>
what happened to insanelymac
>>
>>46904721
Can you be more vague?
>>
>>46904339
Why? If you want to use BSD just fucking use BSD.
>>
>>46904746
it's been 404 for 2 days
>>
>>46904339
mfw hackintosh runs smoother than fucking Winbloat 7 on my not supported hardware
>>
>>46904764
Did Googling "Insanely Mac" lead you to their Twitter page where they indicate that they're down but that they're in the process of restoring their data?
>>
>>46904751

OSX isn't BSD and FreeBSD can't run OSX applications.

Or was this a fail attempt at a slur from a GNU/Linux loser?
>>
>>46904339
Thinking about putting this on my x200t
Will it improve the battery life/performance?
Will there be a way to use the digitizer?
>>
You have to ask someone with a Mac to get an installer, right?
>>
>>46907380

Depends. You can get what are called "distros" that can install a copy on to a regular PC. There are probably some torrents of the vanilla install files out there though, and i'd just use that.

Distros are usually riced to fuck and take forever to install
>>
>>46907446
honestly niresh or bust, that shit will work on anything.
>>
It might sound like a stupid question. I have installed a 10.10 distro (Yosemite zone) and when I boot up there are vertical lines and various artifact showing, i have tried to change the smbios, installing nvidia drivers and mess around with boot options any help? I3 550 nvidia 650 ti
>>
>>46907572

Tried booting verbose?
>>
>>46907572

Uninstall your distro and go vanilla, that way you can install the only things you need
>>
>>46907614
But I need a real Mac and apple account to download the DMG off the app store and then I need unibeast to make the USB, am I right?
>>
>>46907645

If you want to have a vanilla OSX install the yes.

Otherwise download iatkos or niresh (don't recommend). They should allow you to create a bootable USB/DVD that will install OSX on non apple machines.

Once you get that going you can go ahead and create a vanilla boot disk with unibeast.
>>
>>46907724
Iatkos is paid and that's why I prefer to do everything manually than to pay a guy to do it for me. It pisses me off that he pirates mac, locks it to a hardware, and sells it... He is a disgrace to the hackintosh community
>>
>>46907850

Hmm. I haven't hackintoshed since the early days of Mavericks.

You can still find copies of Mavericks/Lion on torrent sites. Any recent version of OSX will suffice for creating a stock install media.
>>
>>46907876
Yep it was free up to ML. He decided to monetize after for Mavericks and that's when niresh surfaced
>>
I want to install osx on my old build:

asrock h67m, gtx560ti - will hackintosh run on it?
>>
>>46908517
did searching http://www.tonymacx86.com/ not yield anything, or did you just flat out not try?
>>
>>46908517

>asrock

That's a big maybe leaning towards probably not. Depends on your chipsets. You best bet is Gigabyte motherboards.
>>
>>46908517
There is no definite answer to that question. If you are really motivated to run it you'll succeed eventually. It took me 6 months to get it to run fully on my laptop. I nearly reverse engineered their whole WiFi kext to see why it wasn't loading...

> Try it. Come here if you have a question.
>>
I got a perfect hackintosh except for this (pic related). How do I fix this?
>>
>>46909405
OP here. I have that same issue, but since I switched from my iPhone to an android, I don't need it anymore. Sorry I haven't been replying to anyone.
>>
>>46907358
For both, maybe, probably not because there aren't drivers for it out there unless you want to write it yourself.
>>
>>46904439
Specs?
>>
>>46911873
I dont use it either, I just wanted to test the handoff feautres.

Anyone managed to get it working on hackintosh? Should I call Apple and ask them to whitelist my hackintosh? :)
>>
>>46909405
>asrock h67m

I think switching to Clover and changing to a different UUID is supposed to help with this, i'm not really sure, however
>>
>>46909405
Use Clover like a real man.
>>
>>46913013
>>46913077
I am, any help with clover configurator. I already tried everything except using a SSUID from a real mac.

can someone guide me through?
>>
File: AboutThisHack.png (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
AboutThisHack.png
2 MB, 1920x1080
>>46904339
Upgrading (Downgrading?) to Yosemite this upcoming week.
>>
>>46913601
Come back if you need help. I did the same thing.
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.