[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Who do you trust more, Google or Apple? For me it's apple
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 134
Thread images: 13
File: 1423173014398.jpg (37 KB, 460x287) Image search: [Google]
1423173014398.jpg
37 KB, 460x287
Who do you trust more, Google or Apple?
For me it's apple because they held out so long on Prism, only giving in after Steve Job's death.
>>
apple, of course. they don't make money off collection and sale of users' information.

apple's customers are the people they sell their products to. google's customers are gov agencies and advertisers.

once Apple sells you a device, that's it. they've made their money and they continue improving the software and continue protecting your privacy.

once someone sells you something with Google on it, the monetization of YOU has just started. google spends years learning about you and then they exploit your psychological weaknesses by targeting you with useless shit that you'll buy. and that's how they make their money.

it's usually poor people who get fucked by Google since they can't afford Apple's devices and Google's users are usually less educated people who are easier to exploit.
>>
>>46873886

/thread
>>
Apple. I don't like their hardware but their OS is nearly perfect for webdev/C++.
>>
>>46873886
This is the best way I have ever seen it explained. Thanks anon
>>
>>46873813
>only giving in after Steve Job's death.

They gave in after his death, so why would you continue trusting them? Now that he's gone, there's nothing holding them back. Don't trust them more just because they USE to be good. Google use to be good too.
>>
>>46873955
But Apple held out longer because of Steve. Google went full fucking jew and started feeding the government info the second they requested it. Apple wants its customers to believe that their privacy is important to the company when in reality they are doing almost exactly what google does except they actually make good hardware. :)
>>
>>46873886
>continue improving the software
literal keks
>>
>>46873886
/thread

/g/'s obsession with google is everything that is wrong with this thread in a nutshell. G claims to be about privacy and against the botnet, and yet their favorite company are the ones who exist solely for the purpose to exploit and sell your personal information.

Never forget:

To Apple you are the customer. To Google you are the product.
>>
>>46873980
>But Apple held out longer because of Steve.
Again, why does that argument sway you in the now? They held out until Steve died. Now there's nothing holding them to doing that again. Once he died, they started to change. Their past actions aren't their actions today.
>>
File: 13267342076976.jpg (30 KB, 455x288) Image search: [Google]
13267342076976.jpg
30 KB, 455x288
threads like this make me frown in disgust.

the shilling and sockpuppet play of big corporations became so common and even painfully obvious, it's not even funny anymore.
>>
>>46874015
I know that they are still both providers to the government, but what I'm saying is that they are the lesser of the two evils in my opinion.
>>46874037
>implying I'm a shill
lel stay mad faggot. I just like Apple
>>
>>46874015
Whatever your thoughts about Apple you really have to give it to Jobs.

Google, MS, and every other tech company jumped at the chance to hand out your information to the government.

For 5 straight years Jobs told the NSA to go fuck themselves, and actually protected Apple's customer privacy.
>>
>>46873991
>/g/'s obsession with google
i think youve spent too much time in iphone android threads bro
>>
>>46874065
/g/ is obsessed with google. Most people here fucking love Droid phones (made and run by google) and then they turn around and shit on Google for being a botnet. It's contradictory as fuck
>>
File: 04243_yVWmubg_123_880lo.jpg (668 KB, 2100x2801) Image search: [Google]
04243_yVWmubg_123_880lo.jpg
668 KB, 2100x2801
>>46873886
WOW!

1000x this! This is completely true and this is exactly how Google makes money. Since no one makes money off Android devices and Google doesn't get a cut at all, they have to make money somehow so after you purchase an Android device, that's when Google begins making money off you.
>>
>>46874062
And then his liver failed.

HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM?
>>
>>46874062
He was an asshole and a prick, but at least he did this.
>tfw you will never drop acid with steve jobs in the 70s
>>
>>46874085
>being this autistic
They make money off the original phone and then sell your data from there you faggot
>>
>>46874085

Exactly. Which is why Gmail is free, which is why Blogger is free, which is why Android is free, which is why Google wants to give you free internet, which is why they want to give you free wireless, which is why Google Maps is free, etc.
>>
You'll never hear Google or Facebook CEO say something like this:

>Apple boss: We have a human right to privacy

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/technology/apple/11441265/Terrorists-should-be-eliminated-says-Apples-Tim-Cook.html

>“Apple has a very straightforward business model," he said. “We make money if you buy one of these [pointing at an iPhone]. That’s our product. You [the consumer] are not our product. We design our products such that we keep a very minimal level of information on our customers.”

>“We don’t make money selling your information to somebody else. We don’t think you want that. We don’t want to do that. It’s not in our values system to do that. Could we make a lot of money doing that? Of course. But life isn’t about money, life is about doing the right thing. This has been a core value of our company for a long time.”

>“Some companies are not transparent that the connection of these data points produces five other things that you didn’t know that you gave up. It becomes a gigantic trove of data.”

>“We are not a treasure trove of data. It is a cop-out to say: choose between privacy or security. There is no reason why customers should have to select one. There is no reason not to have both.”

>“If they are really honest, they know that withholding encryption will penalise good people, not put a barrier up for bad people. There is no trade-off. It fundamentally doesn’t work. There has to be other solutions.”

>Our view is that when we design a new service we try not to collect data. So we're not reading your email. We're not reading your iMessage. If the government laid a subpoena on us to get your iMessages, we can't provide it. It's encrypted and we don't have a key.

>Our business is based on selling [products]. Our business is not based on having information about you. You are not our product.
>>
>>46873886

why do people call the government customers on this board all the time? they don't pay for shit
>>
>>46873813
>Who do you trust more, Google or Apple?
Well...
Google has just tried to take 101 generic TLDs internal for its own use. Things like .dev, .blog etc.
They wanted .dev for their own devs and are not about to let anyone outside Google use it.
But, with the .blog gTLD they want to use it exclusively for their Blogger platform. So outsiders will be able to use it, but only if they are on Google's Blogger platform.
Don't think even apple/Microsoft have tried anything as blatent as this.
The kicker? The Google moves are being opposed by the Government of Australia.
>>
>>46874085
The funny thing is that 1/4 of Android phones (mostly in China) are sold without any Google services attached. It is why they are so obsessed right now with Android One and trying to push it in India where the next billion smartphone users will be, because they already lost it in China.

Ironically, Apple's services and software, unlike Google's, aren't banned in China because 3rd party audits revealed that they weren't data mining their customers like Google.
>>
>>46874133
I believe it's time for me to switch to iPhone
>>
>>46874189
Source?
>>
>>46874165
>why do people call the government customers on this board all the time? they don't pay for shit
Not true at all. Google gets $100s of millions from gov contracts. It's on their quarterly results. You can look it up.

Google also provides software for NSA's Bluffdale, UT facility that will store everything that NSA collects from the internet.

http://www.wired.com/2012/03/ff_nsadatacenter/all/
>>
Anybody that trusts Google deserves to be put in a concentration camp and gassed.
>>
>>46873886
>once Apple sells you a device, that's it. they've made their money and they continue improving the software and continue protecting your privacy.
>it's usually poor people who get fucked by Google since they can't afford Apple's devices and Google's users are usually less educated people who are easier to exploit.

Macfags actually believe this
>>
>>46873886
Yep, this gentleman has said it and said it well. It's all about where the companies get their cash. Apple sells hardware. Google sells you and everything about you. >>46873991
>>
>>46874133
Too bad all of their products are made for computer illiterates and overpriced to shit.
>>
>>46874281
You know you can customize them to your liking right? Also you have to pay for privacy anon :)
>>
Who the fuck trusts Google? I fucking hate Apple but I will Always trust them more than Google.

also this thread:
>ayy lmao
>>
>>46874264
>Macfags actually believe this

everything I said is 100% true and verifiable.

1) Go look at Apple's 10-Q: http://investor.apple.com
they make almost all of their money off devices.

2) yes, poor people tend to use Android devices since they're a lot cheaper.

>These Maps Show That Android Is For People With Less Money

http://www.businessinsider.com/android-is-for-poor-people-maps-2014-4

>Smarter people use iPhones - study
http://money.cnn.com/2015/01/22/technology/mobile/iphone-smart-study/

> IBM has released their user stats for Cyber Monday shopping. Unlike black Friday, the disparity between Android and iOS wasn’t even close, with iOS users outpacing Android owner purchases 4:1. Online sales were up 8.5% over 2013, too, with mobile traffic accounting for nearly half of all online browsing.

http://www.slashgear.com/ibm-ios-blows-android-away-in-cyber-monday-shopping-02358100/

people with money clearly use apple's products.
>>
>>46874133
>If the government laid a subpoena on us to get your iMessages, we can't provide it. It's encrypted and we don't have a key
implying the government doesnt already have whatever they want
>>
>not buying a product that has a low market share like a FF, WP8 or Ubuntuphone

Advertisers don't give a damn about products with a low marketshare thats why I Always get those.
>>
Who would trust any of these companies?
It's like trusing Facebook. dafuq is wrong with you?
>>
>>46874205
Here is an example:

http://app.mi.com/

This is the app store for Xiaomi phones. EVERY Xiaomi phone sold in china (+150million so far) comes preinstalled with this appstore and a few select apps and services. There is absolutely no mention or use of Google at all. This is the standard in China.

Unlike Apple, their products come with the complete package of hardware and software that is identical to their American counterparts.

It is a well known fact that Google search and many Google services were banned after security audits by the Chinese government ~2010 I believe. Typing google.com will result in a DNS error, same with gmail, gmaps, etc.

Most of the information online by western publications labels them as being 'heroes,' but the reality is that they were shoved out because the Chinese didn't want an American company datamining profiling their citizens in such a way.
>>
If you trust any of them you are probably normal and normal in a bad sense.
>>
>>46874323
No shit sherlock, I don't see how college dropouts and jocks are able to spend 666 dollars on an iPhone. But I guess you were just trying to prove the other guy wrong.
>>
>>46874323
if I wanted an iphone I would get one
I'm pretty sure you have to do some major modification to get
-USB OTG
-USB SDR
-direct filesystem access
-custom ROMs
-sd card
-flac/opus support
and probably a few other things I use regularly but can't remember
>>
>>46873981
Because it's reasonable to believe. I don't own a Mac. I use a Note 3 and an EliteBook 8540w running antergos. I don't idolize Apple,but it is pretty clear where they stand on privacy.

You may think that your cynicism makes you look clever, but in actuality you are mumbling shit about jet fuel and steel girders.
>>
>>46874077
Not disagreeing with you, but a lot of those people run cyanogenmod or similar FOSS ROMs without Gapps (so minus botnet).

You can usually tell who the tossers are because they'll post a screenshot showing Touchwiz or the default Nexus ROM (with the Gapps) and then complain about "macfags" or whatever. Those people are the true cancer.

If I had the money I'd honestly get an iPhone, but my job is entry level so I'm happy with my Nexus 4 running ParanoidAndroid.
>>
Didn't it just come out recently that the Apple's icloud storage was being mined by the NSA or something?
>>
>>46874326
They want apple to get rid of the end to end encryption on iMessages and encryption of iPhone storage and device locking. They haven't gotten it.
>>
>>46874378
yeah yeah yeah... I'm sure all these customizations mean a lot to you because you have a lot of free time to fuck around fixing shit that should have come out properly of the factory. most people don't wanna waste their life on babysitting phones and dressing them up like Barbie dolls. most people want shit that works that gets job done... and shit they can take to a store and get fixed if something goes wrong with them.

once you start fucking with your devices like that, you've voided warrantee and you're fucked if something goes wrong (and it will go wrong).

when apple's device gets fucked, you take it to the store and you walk out with a fixed devices or a brand new one, free of charge.
>>
>>46874439
Of course it is. Everything is being mined by the NSA at this point.
>>46874433
Isn't cynaogenmod a really bad thing to use now?
>>46874447
This is why I stick by an iPhone.
>>46874364
Point taken, didn't know that. Thanks anon
>>
>>46874374
My god, you need to get help.
>>
>>46874462
This
>this
I went in tonight because my screen was coming off and they gave me a new phone.
>>
>>46874463
>Isn't cynaogenmod a really bad thing to use now?
Why? Because MS started funding them? Nothing changed, they're still free and open. I don't keep up with news though, so perhaps there's something I'm not aware of.

Personally I've never liked the ROM itself (just not my cup of tea), but I don't think there's anything wrong with it.
>>
>>46874462
>you've voided warrantee
1: lean to spell things properly nigger
2: I could get another cheap GS3 if mine broke somehow, I'm not a child so I don't have to worry about my phone breaking
>>
none is the right answer.
>>
>>46873813
Apple; their primary source of income isn't from selling their users' data.
>>
>>46874439
Nope. It recently came out that the NSA had a gag order and could demand information from any tech company.

The funny thing is that the information is end to end encrypted, so they can't really do shit. Only iCloud and certain chat and cloud services even bother though. Even from his grave, Jobs is fucking over NSA.

Also their entire data mining and surveillance was engineered by Google themselves. They don't like talking about it, but they have massive NSA contracts to train and help them build analytics software and datacenters as well as personally collect and sell data to them.

Out of all the companies out there. Google cares the least about your privacy and is most in bed with the NSA. This is pretty much indisputable
>>
>>46874375
You are bitching about jocks? Who the fuck does that outside of High School? Are you wearing a fedora, trench coat and Cold Steel suburban samurai katana as you type this?
>>
File: 1416716515456.png (115 KB, 240x245) Image search: [Google]
1416716515456.png
115 KB, 240x245
>>46874087
>>
File: SHUT IT DOWN.jpg (376 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
SHUT IT DOWN.jpg
376 KB, 1280x720
>>46874526
>>
>>46874519
>wearing a katana
>>
>>46874355
>>46874374
>>46874495
Non-shills detected, this is the wrong thread for you
>>
>>46874462
>only people with too much time fuck around with skins
>apparently does have time to post in shitposting threads on /g/

I'm not even an Android user but you are so incredibly full of shit.
>>
>>46874378
>-flac/opus support
There's like a dozen+ apps on App Store that play any format known to man.
>>
>do you prefer your had smashed with a giant axe or a giant hammer?
This thread. It doesn't matter the answer, you are dead anyway
>>
>>46874378
USB and SD card stuff is never happening. Its a hardware thing. Similar to Nexus devices and sd cards.

Jailbreaking lets you do all the stuff you would normally do on an Android though. It is a time investment, however and most people don't really care that much for the sake of ricing.
>>
>>46874624
I jailbreak just to speed up animation speeds.
>>
>>46874462
But you do have time to waste compiling research to help you win internet arguments about your favorite phone company.
>>
>>46874624
>USB and SD card stuff is never happening. Its a hardware thing. Similar to Nexus devices and sd cards.
most of the time when I see a phone has a radio receiver it's always crap and/or requires the use of headphones
the SDR I have gets stupid clear reception nearly anywhere with a large enough ground plane
only problem is it's most likely ignoring usb power spec
>>
>>46874590
Pretending that they are equal though is silly.

One actually HELPS the NSA with their spying and data centers, and has personal contracts with them. Their algorithms to sell you ads and follow you on the internet and profile you are the same ones used by the NSA, because Google literally gave it to them They are doing this willingly and for money. They actively are trying to remove personal privacy and are in bed with the NSA in the most literal sense. They are, quite frankly, an evil company with no real morals behind them.

The other is legally forced to comply with the government demands to hand over fully encrypted messages when they ask them too. Oh and they also sell you high margin, overpriced, and shiny brand name products. And that is all they aspire to do as a company.
>>
>>46873886
>https://www.apple.com/legal/privacy/en-ww/

>We also use personal information to help us create, develop, operate, deliver, and improve our products, services, content and advertising, and for loss prevention and anti-fraud purposes.
>We may collect information such as occupation, language, zip code, area code, unique device identifier, referrer URL, location, and the time zone where an Apple product is used so that we can better understand customer behavior and improve our products, services, and advertising.

>We also use personal information to help us create, develop, operate, deliver . . . advertising
>We may collect information such as occupation, language, zip code, area code, unique device identifier, referrer URL, location, and the time zone . . . so that we can . . . improve our . . . advertising.

>people actually buy into marketing bullshit
>>
>>46874642
>But you do have time to waste compiling research to help you win internet arguments about your favorite phone company.
dude, what research? I just searched for few stories that I remembered coming across in the past. I usually read slashdot and that's where I saw them. you're really overthinking my passion and/or time investment into internet fighting. I'm actually getting ready for bed and went on /g/ to waste some time & fall asleep.
>>
>>46874689
Let's not pretend that any company mentioned ITT has any real morals behind them. The bottom line is king.
>>
>>46874739
Apple is a soulless immoral company as well. But their primary business is not selling other people's data, its selling high margin hardware.

Google's does though, and that has always been the difference.

People pretending that they are equivalents are fools.
>>
File: 1386176640eeeeeeee677.jpg (107 KB, 800x900) Image search: [Google]
1386176640eeeeeeee677.jpg
107 KB, 800x900
>>46873813
>tfw apple computer
>tfw google accounts for business and home

fucked either way, does it really matter?
>>
>>46874822
Apple = buy once, cry once.

Google = death by thousand cuts.
>>
>>46874077
Not to mention all the Chromebook and Android Wear shilling.
>>
>>46874727
Nothing in there about selling that information to other parties or sharing it with their "partners ". Seems pretty straightforward and not deeply sleazy.
>>
>>46874133
>implying the nsa can't decrypt your shit
>>
>>46874727

At the top of the fucking page:

You are not required to provide the personal information that we have requested

Sometime down later:

The personal information we collect allows us to keep you posted on Apple’s latest product announcements, software updates, and upcoming events. If you don’t want to be on our mailing list, YOU CAN OPT OUT ANYTIME BY UPDATING YOUR PREFERENCES.

It clearly states that personal, identifying information is completely, and totally optional. Unlike with Google. Funny how you left that out.

This is legally binding by the way. So when they say that you can opt out entirely, they legally, mean it and have to do it.

http://www.zdnet.com/article/apple-google-microsoft-where-does-the-money-come-from/

You can also look at their financial breakdowns, where Google makes the money and where Apple does. Notice the difference? One is an ad company that sells you. The other sells devices.
>>
Apple and Cook can say whatever the fuck they want, doesn't mean shit
>>
>>46873886
/thread
>>
Apple, obviously. Just look at the revenue stream. Apple makes money off of hardware. Google makes money off of your information.
>>
>>46874889
They are a publicy traded company. They CANNOT lie on their financials that clearly shows they don't make any real money selling ads and absolutely none for selling personal infromation. Its all from devices. +91% of it, the rest is service subscriptions and the final amount is iTunes apps and music sales. Where are they making money from profiling and datamining? Follow the money, it's not that hard. They actually come out clean unlike Google and others.
>>
>>46874946
Right, whatever you say appleshill.
>>
File: aapl-revenue-h2-2013.jpg (33 KB, 770x521) Image search: [Google]
aapl-revenue-h2-2013.jpg
33 KB, 770x521
>>46874885
>http://www.zdnet.com/article/apple-google-microsoft-where-does-the-money-come-from/
<--- stunning chart! amazing how profitable iphone is. it's also clear that they don't sell your private info they collect.
>>
>>46874875
>Apple and its affiliates may share this personal information with each other and use it consistent with this Privacy Policy.

>>46874885
>You are not required to provide the personal information that we have requested
>but, if you chose not to do so, in many cases we will not be able to provide you with our products or services or respond to any queries you may have.
>You don't have to give us your information
>if you don't use our services

> If you don’t want to be on our mailing list, YOU CAN OPT OUT ANYTIME BY UPDATING YOUR PREFERENCES.
>If you don’t want to be on our mailing list
You really should take the time to reread before posting.

>Unlike with Google. Funny how you left that out.
That's because I'm not shilling for Google. I don't trust them any more than I do Apple, but I don't like it when something that smells like PR bullshit gets posted on /g/, and is factually wrong. Interesting projection though.

>financial breakdowns
Yes, that's fine
>>
>>46874960
So they are completely lying on their financials, is that what you are saying?

They are secretly making hundreds of billions of dollars of undisclosed money from selling personal information and datamining like Google, which they don't and aren't reporting because you don't like them? Can you confirm that this is the full extent of your stupidity? Please I need a good laugh.
>>
>>46874960
>Right, whatever you say appleshill.
so u're saying that apple's lying on their financial reports?
>>
File: 1398885501810.jpg (16 KB, 320x320) Image search: [Google]
1398885501810.jpg
16 KB, 320x320
>>46873886
Something about this post and the subsequent similarly-worded replies seems a bit fishy to me...
>>
>>46875015
>ipod at 2%
RIP in Piece.
>>
>>46873886
>they don't make money off collection and sale of users' information

That isn't a strong enough reason to give them your trust, though.
>>
>>46875023
>>46875027
They got 100s of billions in cash. They can bribe their way through to deceive the public.
>>
>>46875015
Yup. Google makes ~90% from datamining.
Apple is ~90% from hardware.

iTunes is also the #1 music, movies, and software store in the industry. iCloud makes a little bit and then group the ads from shitty App shovelware into that category.

Apple could make roughly what Google makes if they were selling you information.

Please explain where that big chunk of money is? It seems to be missing.
>>
File: shredded.jpg (10 KB, 300x168) Image search: [Google]
shredded.jpg
10 KB, 300x168
ITT apple must be good because they dont blatantly fuck us over
the amount of shilling here is absolutely pissening
>>
>>46875037
It's almost like it's the truth and people are agreeing and acknowledging it.

CONSPIRACY!!!
>>
>>46873886
The shills are strong again today.
>>
>>46875091
>apple
>trustable
>on /g/ of all places

You aren't fooling anyone. Hand in your resignation to Apple, because you have failed at the single task you were hired for.

Also, reported for commercial advertisement.
>>
>>46875106
Google Defense Force more like it.
>>
>>46873813
Neither. It's a strange time we live in that Microsoft is one of the good guys.
>>
>>46875124
And then there's this faggot
>>
I can use an Android device without Google services. I do, actually: I have a nexus 5 without gapps and I only use google's maps.
I do believe Apple's business lies in selling hardware and that makes them less likely to mine data, but they gave in to PRISM and nothing stops them from mining and handing data to the USA government.
The fact that you have so little control over your own device makes it even worse. The second Apple wants to get their info, you can do nothing about it because they've got total control over the device you bought.
>>
>>46875086
>truth
>shilling
pick one.

You're just butthurt because you've been indoctrinated by the nonsense you slurp up on here and when the truth comes out, you experience cognitive dissonance and need to call anyone who opposes your view a "shill".
>>
File: 1425098574921.jpg (31 KB, 414x400) Image search: [Google]
1425098574921.jpg
31 KB, 414x400
>>46873886
>Closed source
>Protecting your privacy
>>
>>46875134
>apple
>trustable
Not buying it

>dropping buzzwords in a desperate attempt to save your employer's face
ugh
>>
>>46875128
Fuck off googshill.
>>
>>46873813
Google's business model: Collect as much data about their users as possible, monetize it any way they cal (adds, selling to third parties, etc.)

Apple's business model: Sell shiny expensive things.
>>
>>46875129
Actually legally they would need to change their policies first. Their current policy prevents them from just grabbing anyone's data.

Once Linux on desktop takes off I am hoping people will start to become more and more concerned about dangers of personal data collection, and what it is that private companies and the government are doing to our freedoms.
>>
>>46875134
these shill posts come like such beautiful clockwork. Samefagging at its weakest.
>>
>>46875134
Chill out man you wont get paid if you go full retard
>>
>>46874133
It doesn't matter what they say.

Oh yes, tell me about how Obama promised to shut down Guantanamo a few years ago. Figureheads totally keep all their promises, right?
>>
>>46875174
this

it's almost as though android is cheaper because the manufacturers get it for free and have no (or little) dev costs for software

i wonder how a company like google could afford to give away such a trojan horse... i mean... wonderful gift
>>
>>46875179
Yeah this Google Defense Force seems to be a one kid operation. I'm just surprised he hasn't used the word "sheeple" yet.
>>
>>46875198
The IP counter didn't change with your added post.

It's really obvious that are posting with a certain agenda, and you aren't fooling anyone.
>>
>>46875198
I wish they had just pulled a Microsoft and just sold android to partners and focused on that instead of how to monetize users.
>>
>>46875177
>Notification: "We have updated our privacy policies".
>Click on accept or you cannot continue to use your 900 euro phone you will be paying for the next 2 years, 35 euro a month.
>>
>>46875212
yes it did, it went from 38 to 39 you fucking tinfool
>>
>>46875232
No buddy, it stayed at 39.

How much do you get paid per post?
>>
>>46875228
They can't ban you from using your phone, you know that right? You can use an iPhone without any apple services like iCloud or iTunes and other shit. Its clearly stated you can opt out.
>>
At this point you'd have to be a literal retard to trust Google over Apple.
>>
>>46875260
>you can opt out

In the world of closed-source software, that doesn't mean a thing.

Have you reverse engineered iOS to find out whether or not "opting out" actually stops any data collection from your device?

There is no way to tell on either iOS or Android, due to the locked-down natures of both platforms, and in terms of security, neither is any better than the other.
>>
File: fFXxKNU[1].jpg (41 KB, 384x256) Image search: [Google]
fFXxKNU[1].jpg
41 KB, 384x256
>>46873886
>>46873911
>>46873935
>>46873991
>>46874085
>>46874265
>>46874895
How much are you getting paid by Apple?
>>
>>46875240
are you fucking kidding m8? there's more than one person who agrees with apple in this thread
>>
>>46875240
I guess it stayed at 41 now eh?
>>
>>46875286
Anyone else who was paying attention to the IP saw that it stayed the same, I don't know what you are trying to achieve by claiming the contrary.

>there's more than one person who agrees with apple in this thread
Yeah, and chances are they were getting paid to do so.

No reasonable person would claim that a closed-source platform made by ANY company is worthy of your blind trust.
>>
>>46875275
Don't trust either of them honestly.

Use Linux on the desktop and avoid all Google services. They only want to sell you to the government and ad companies.

Install a custom ROM built from AOSP and purge your phone of all their tracking and profiling services.

If we really have to go there, yes Apple is not as evil and yes they do care more about your privacy and don't datamine, profile, and sell you like Google.
>>
>>46875303
>Anyone else who was paying attention to the IP saw that it stayed the same, I don't know what you are trying to achieve by claiming the contrary.

obvious trolling m8

>>>/b/
>>
meanwhile fappening happening
>>
>>46875313
>ignores the rest of the post
Guess you really were a shill all along, huh
>>
NEITHER YOU DUMB FUCK.
Do not ever trust corporations.
Jesus fucking Christ are you dense.
>>
>>46875325
>Guess you really were a shill all along, huh

nope, but you revealed your power level

7/10 gg no re
>>
>>46875344
You still haven't responded to the second half of >>46875303

Care to explain why?
>>
>>46875359
because you're a trolling kiddie and you're now trying to divert attention away from getting caught out in obvious troll behaviour :^)
>>
>>46875359
How do I know you aren't a shill as well? Give me proof.
>>
>>46874323
>everything I said is 100% true and verifiable.
It bullshit. Apple gave information to the nsa too, without even hesitating. What you read in the news was pure propaganda, nothin else.

Everyone does it, microsoft, apple, google, don't be delusional.
>>
Neither because "Trust is good but control is better"
>>
File: sailfish_os_419x278.jpg (61 KB, 648x429) Image search: [Google]
sailfish_os_419x278.jpg
61 KB, 648x429
>>46875464
Thread replies: 134
Thread images: 13

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.