[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Was this ever good or was it always a huge NEET circlejerk?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: irc.png (96 KB, 475x347) Image search: [Google]
irc.png
96 KB, 475x347
Was this ever good or was it always a huge NEET circlejerk?
>>
>>46858160
it's still good
>>
>>46858160
>NEET circlejerk
It depends on the channel.Some are more laid back others are full on autistic fucks.
>>
>>46858160
>there are literally people who still use IRC in 2015
>>
Do you honestly think that there was ever a time that IRC represented a thriving community of normal, socially well-adjusted people?
>>
>>46858160
It has always been good, and yes, its pure circlejerking
>>
File: itniyy.png (23 KB, 787x591) Image search: [Google]
itniyy.png
23 KB, 787x591
The other board's channels are less neet, #/p/ is nice and #tr/a/p is nice if you're intothatkindashit
>>
>>46858589
That's why I'm asking

it's been around since the 90s I'm not sure what the communities were like back then
>>
>>46858589
/thread
>>
IRC in itself is great.
It's exactly what every chat program should be. A simple chat without any bullshit added.

The only thing I really miss is a system that delivers messages to you after you disconnected for example.
Right now neither you or the other persons know whether you got the message they sent you or not.

But you're right. The people who use IRC make most channels a NEET circlejerk.
>>
it has always been a giant NEET circlejerk and whether or not it is or was good is entirely dependent on whether or not you think a giant NEET circlejerk is good.
>>
IRC revival when?
>>
irc.fa.gs #oublinet
irc.butt.es #flashsupport

tell them tater sent you
>>
>>46858706
>The only thing I really miss is a system that delivers messages to you after you disconnected for example.

run your client/bouncer on a remote machine to stay connected 24/7
>>
>>46858160
Why do irc channels not have parallel voice chat channels by default?
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.