[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Adobo Pedoshop = Kill | GIMP = Master Race
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 6
>2015
>still using an inefficient method of painting green peppers.
>not using the new GIMP master race.

And before we accuse GIMP of "shilling" lets make it clear that Pedoshop® is the only company of the 2 that has a financial stake in having a large userbase since they are being paid off by Adobo™.

>Some of the web's biggest companies have been paying to get Adobo Pedoshop®, according to a new report from Financial Times. Microsoft's™ Bing® search ads and Taboola's "recommended links" box are among the ads that are currently convincing users to install Pedoshop™, and FT confirms that it's the intentional result of a paid deal between the makers of Pedoshop® and the owners of the ads. According to FT sources, the companies have paid Adobo™ (the maker of Pedoshop®) to be added to an official advertisement initiative, which allows them to bypass user's consent and go straight for the ANUS. Apple™ has a similar deal, as has been previously reported.

http://www.ozzu.com/mswindows-forum/virus-from-fake-adobe-photoshop-torrent-t90555.html

So remember, when you see an Pedoshop® supporter in this thread spreading FUD about GIMP, realize that they may be doing so because the company behind Pedoshop™ has a specific business model and official deals with top websites to advertise them by default.

Say NO to Pedoshop®. Say NO to companies that sell out their userbase to Google, Amazon and Microsoft by default.

Stay YES to GIMP, a true grassroots effort to paint beppers, and tracking Stallman faces, made by users, for users, with no donations sought.

Info about GIMP and why it's better: http://www.lightstalking.com/10-reasons-gimp-is-better-than-photoshop/
Firefox Extension: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/dafizilla-viewsourcewith/
Chrome Extension:
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/gimp-on-rollapp/eodhmnkhmnkmimhckfpkgmbmcgjkaddo?hl=en-US
>>
>complains about corporate Adobe
>posts chrom extension

free as in keks
>>
>>46857644
>still 2.8.14
*sigh*
Buggiest GIMP I've ever used. Seriously thinking of reverting to 2.6.
>>
Why GIMP? GIMP is by far one of the least stable raster graphics editors out there. Most any (open-source) alternative would be a better choice.

Not that I would encourage anyone to use Photoshop for that matter.
>>
>>46857644
>Adobo Pedoshop = Kill | GIMP = Master Race
That's not how bitwise OR works.
>>
>>46857697
http://portableapps.com/apps/graphics_pictures/gimp_portable
>>
>>46857700
because GIMP is master race nao
gtfo adobo shill
>>
>>46857644
Tried GIMP, the UI is fucking horrible and the tools don't work properly.

Even shit like text is a chore as you have to enter it in a dialog box, without being able to see the style and can't edit it afterwards - if you want to change it, delete the layer and start over.

The sooner someone starts working on a real FOSS graphics program the better, I'd love to ditch expenseshop, but GIMP it never going to it's replacement.
>>
File: Selection_011.png (162 KB, 817x414) Image search: [Google]
Selection_011.png
162 KB, 817x414
Sorry boss, but GIMP does solicit donations..
>http://www.gimp.org/donating/
>>
>>46857735
adobo at it again!
>>
>>46857738
fake page put out by shills
>>
I want to say GIMP is good but I can't. The way that some features are made is fucking awful. So at least for now I prefer Photoshop.
There's also Krita that looks nice, but requires to install like half of KDE packages.
>>
>>46857735
Yeah, I agree text is a fucking pain. You can edit it, though. You just have to go back and highlight it. Stupid design, but it's there.
>>
>>46857644
What variant of ubuntu is that?
>>
>>46857944
xu
>>
>>46858005
Looks a bit diff, hmm.
>>
>gimp
>forcing users to learn their idiotic workflow instead just following what the industry lead is doing

yeah i can see why everybody still uses photoshop, even on wine.
>>
Why the fuck does GIMP still default to the shitty floating windows? Every other program stopped doing that shit for a reason.
>>
>>46858515
Because floating windows is superior for multi display setups, aka what design and graphics people have.
>>
>>46857644
>which allows them to bypass user's consent and go straight for the ANUS.
that sounds serious

how do I keep my anus safe
>>
it really must suck to be a gimp supporter
>>
File: 1403674139458.jpg (62 KB, 506x512) Image search: [Google]
1403674139458.jpg
62 KB, 506x512
>>
File: 1407666439450.jpg (109 KB, 499x499) Image search: [Google]
1407666439450.jpg
109 KB, 499x499
>>46857644

>It's 2015
>GIMP still looks like a dated piece of shit with a horrifying icon set and probably still requires you to refresh the font list after installing a new set
>a-at least it's not made by DA JUICE

saged and hidden for shitty bait
>>
>linux
>have wacom screen
>get no pressure, nor eraser support on gimp
>photoshop CS2 have both, even running on Wine.

ffs
>>
>>46859021
use krita
>>
File: 1340810335615.png (434 KB, 462x435) Image search: [Google]
1340810335615.png
434 KB, 462x435
GIMP is a toy.
>>
>>46859067
yes im aware that krita have full support for my wacom but thats missing the point.
the point here is this faggy OP and his shitty app that cannot support something that the app he bashed support even when its not running natively
>>
>>46859089
Maybe you just don't know how to set it up right.
>>
>>46859095
>not OOB support
surely is 2001
>>
>>46859105
There's more tablets then one type friend.
>>
>>46859116
you are not aware of how the wacom driver works doesnt you?
the official driver itself is standarized and oss so theres NO FUCKING EXCUSES.

if your app doesnt support something your competiton does then your app is inferior.
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.