[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Phone and ROM Discussion v2
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 9
File: htc-droid-dna-black-en-slide-05.png (177 KB, 500x455) Image search: [Google]
htc-droid-dna-black-en-slide-05.png
177 KB, 500x455
This thread is a discussion for phones of all kinds and ROMs for the phones.

ITT:
The mobile market
Good and bad ROMs
Reviews from fellow /g/ members
Shilling
Tips and Facts

Pic is a Droid DNA, what I currently own.

I am OP from yesterday. Lets kick this off:
>>
>>46833006
Hey OP, I am one of the G3 owners from yesterday.
>>
I've got an M7 which I love the hardware. I got CM12 on it. it's got a few bugs, and it drains my battery more than factory 4.4. I was looking at pacman rom or GPE.
>>
Sup guys, any thoughts on the elephone p6000?

http://www.androidauthority.com/elephone-p6000-review-582563/
>>
>>46833212
Although that seems like a nice phone, in comparison with the specs from other phones, it is lacking a bit.

The battery is smaller than many competitors (LG G3, Galaxy S6, M8 and M9) but the 720p screen makes up for it.

Think about this, most phones out right now will have four times the crispy-ness on their screen than that one.

That is just my opinion however. A nice site to use is GSMArena.
>>
>>46833006
Oh hey can anyone help me with this? I have a VZW (Verizon) Superdupermegalocked bootloader on my Droid DNA. Anyone know any ways around this?
>>
>>46833294
Take a look at this one, elephone P5000

Huge battery, better screen
No 64-bit though

http://www.elephone.hk/P5000.html
>>
>>46833341
Forgot to add that it has no LTE but rumours are they will release an LTE version in march
>>
LG G2 with CloudyStock (stock based KK). I keep coming back to the stock ROM look and features, LG really did an amazing job with it.

Too bad Lollipop on its own is a pile of shit, otherwise I would have been looking forward to their official version.
>>
>>46833006
/g/uys, do you know a ROM for a GT-i9300 (Galaxy S3), than it doesn't drain my battery so fuckin' fast?
>>
>>46833341
>elephone P5000
>5350mAh

I think I just got aroused. (lol)

But still the CPU, Storage, and screen (its 1080p which is stunning, but there are quadhd phones right now.)

>>46833364
Oooooo that may have just killed it.

But dayum other companies could learn a thing or two from mr 5350 over here. What a battery!

May I ask why you're not looking at the more conventional phones such as a G3 or Nexus 5/6? I dislike touchwiz but for flashing the S6 looks pretty nice.

if you're buying unlocked I would check out:
Nexus 5/6
Asus ZenFone
Sony Xperia
Alcatel (Dayum)
OnePlus One -- If you dont have verizon, this is /the/ best phone you can get right now.
Vivo X5Max+ -- Another great battery
>>
>>46833442
I hear simply not using TouchWiz gives a big boost. Try the Android stock 4.4.2.

But the most stable around I hear of is SlimKat. Also known for battery savings.
>>
>>46833444
Yes but those QHD phones are honestly not needed and almost placebo.
>>
>>46833444
I have no idea, I seem to like the chinese smartphones more than the conventional ones
I think it's interesting that some of these small companies can release better phones that major western companies these days
>>
>>46833006
Hey, I've been having some problems compiling a kernel for the HTC One S (HTC Ville), the phone crashes inbetween the phone's booting, logcat doesn't give me anything interesting and I don't know how to debug the kernel further.

I'm using the sources from the official CM12 repo for the ville are there any special flags for compiling it for a hboot 2.16 device? I'm also running the approximate nightly build that matches the git clone date of my kernel

Also is there any IRC channels for development for HTC msm8960 devices?
>>
>>46833442
stock 4.0
>>
>>46833341
>http://www.elephone.hk/P5000.html
Whoa, what the hell is the catch with that?
$159 sounds too good to be true.
I can live without LTE. I remember when 3G was all the rage.
>>
>>46833571
You could have some corrupt files. Try a reinstall of your kernel. I dont believe there are special flags, but if you have Verizon. they sometimes have anti-bootloader-unlock making it a pain to run ROMs.
>>
Nexus 4 owner and it's finally starting to shit the bed. Do y'all think the Z4 will be worth the wait or should I hop on something else?
>>
So many new phones are lacking an IR blaster. God forbid I have to start buying batteries and using a verizon remote.

>>46835312
The LG G3 is what I am getting, when is your upgrade for your carrier?
>>
>>46835320
I'm on pay as you go so whenever.
>>
>>46835292
There's no Verizon variant of the One S, I have installed many roms before but I want to modify something that no one bloody does even though it's the easiest thing, I'm not installing a kernel, I'm compiling one and there's no documentation on how to compile it for the certain toolchain/hboot version

Xda is a piece of shit for anyone actually wanting to learn to develop for embedded
>>
>>46835331
How soon are you looking to buy? Here are /g/'s top picks:
-LG G3 (or you can wait for G4)
-OnePlusOne (or you can wait for the OP Two, these are the current best phones out)
-Nexus 5 (6 maybe, most hate the giant size)
-Newest Xperia
-Newest Alcatel
-Asus Zenfone
>>
>>46833341
That page hurts to read. Why can't the Chinese find fluent speakers to write this shit? It doesn't seem like it'd be hard to do.
>>
File: 2015-03-03 22.46.06.png (139 KB, 1080x1920) Image search: [Google]
2015-03-03 22.46.06.png
139 KB, 1080x1920
>>46833006
The G2 is probably the best phone I've ever had. It was launched in 2013 and still is fast as fuck.
>>
>>46833006
hey OP, getting a G3? on verizon? get eclipse rom. AOSP apps and launcher, combined with the stock LG rom base. means better camera performance, and battery life [i think].
>>
>>46835588
>eclipse
Does it remove artifical sharpening?
>>
>>46833442
carbon rom helps out with battery life.
>>
ROM vs Kernel, what is the difference?
>>
>>46835670
i'm pretty sure it does. anyway, i use the latest skydragon kernel, but to disable sharpening on that you need to download whetstone from the play store.
>>
Anyone got a mi4? i'm thinking of getting one.
>>
Rom/Kernal reviews/recommendations?
>>
>>46833006
Does anyone still use this? I've had mine for 2 years now, best phone i've ever purchased.

Using stock ROM.
Side note: I fucked up the wifi capabilities while editing the stock app that controls whatever turns wifi on and off, how do I fix this? I've done everything, even a hard reset.
>>
>>46835511
My Verizon model got fucked after the kit kat update, slow as fuck and awful battery life now. I am jealous
>>
File: cover.jpg (90 KB, 960x960) Image search: [Google]
cover.jpg
90 KB, 960x960
How do i into LG G3 version custom roms.
>>
>>46833006
where did all the LG shilling come from
>>
File: mel gibson laughs.jpg (72 KB, 870x1070) Image search: [Google]
mel gibson laughs.jpg
72 KB, 870x1070
>>46836189
> best phone i've ever purchased.

>Side note: I fucked up the wifi capabilities while editing the stock app that controls whatever turns wifi on and off, how do I fix this? I've done everything, even a hard reset.

ah, the lack of logic of a typical Androshit user.
>>
>>46836370
>lack of logic

just because I'm a fuck-up doesn't mean the phone can't melt steel beams.
>>
>>46836449
what the hell does that mean
>>
>>46836318
>>>/xda/
>>
Moto G, Change roms nearly every week at the moment trying to get a decent stable Lollipop rom.
Running AICP (Android Ice Cold Project) at the moment, just installed Optimus Kernel R8.
I love Lollipop but the performance is still an issue to be honest. Can't bring myself to go back to KK now though.
Hoping that now we're seeing the retail Lollipop releases that the CM guys can use them for a more stable and better performing base.
>>
File: Screenshot_2015-03-03-19-28-43.png (76 KB, 1080x1920) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2015-03-03-19-28-43.png
76 KB, 1080x1920
So I have a VZN HTC one M8 and the battery seems to drain pretty fast with moderate use. Anyone experience the same thing or have any potential fixes?
>>
File: 1387066791319.jpg (298 KB, 964x1065) Image search: [Google]
1387066791319.jpg
298 KB, 964x1065
>>46836467
>jet fuel can't melt steel beams
>>
Has anyone installed android 5.0 on chinese phones running mediatek cpus? I bought a chinese clone and can't find any 4.4.4 or 5.0 roms.
Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.