[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Racism in IT?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 132
Thread images: 15
File: boxxy.jpg (51 KB, 900x690) Image search: [Google]
boxxy.jpg
51 KB, 900x690
In my (3rd world- MENA) country I'm considered a straight A engineering student. I probably (with little or no effort) could lend any internship available on the market. (I have even been proposed positions in local companies even before graduation)

But when I try to land something "international" (Canada and US mostly) my application gets rejected in record time.

Do you think I'm doing something wrong (culturally, formalities.etc..) or these companies simply don't want someone from MENA region ?
>>
fuck off terrorist
>>
>>46794430
Your third world education is inferior to our Canadian education. Also please do NOT come to our country, for fuck sakes, there's enough shitskins here as it is.
>>
post pic of skin
>>
>>46794451
I'm guessing that's the reason

I know that here in Denmark we don't recognize a lot of university degrees from MENA countries
>>
File: 1356771732968.png (16 KB, 619x185) Image search: [Google]
1356771732968.png
16 KB, 619x185
>>46794437
funny thing is I'm not even religious ...

>>46794451
>>46794469

so basically you're confirming ..ok
>>
>>46794502
>>46794451

I go to a private school (not like the shitty public unis) My diploma is recognized in EU, Canada and Australia ...
>>
File: 1408200303415.jpg (44 KB, 306x328) Image search: [Google]
1408200303415.jpg
44 KB, 306x328
>3rd world country
>implying 90% of your graduates didn't just fucking buy the diplomas using their parents' corruption money

Literally every single third world student I've seen are stinking rich and stupid as fuck.
>>
>>46794430
As an engineering student in the US, I can confirm that kids from countries like India and Pakistan have a really bad habit of coming up with overly complex designs that are ultimately fucking broken, and explaining things using totally unnecessary technical jargon, for no reason I can think of other than to make themselves sound techy and smart. I have also dealt with a lot of Chinese kids in my classes who are just utter shit at anything other than ripping code off of the internet, and the sort of mindless number crunching math that you could get a computer to do for you.

I really hate to make sweeping generalizations, especially based on race, but your countrymen really aren't doing you any favors anon.
>>
>>46794430
>US
>middle east
well, I can see that being a problem. Wouldnt go so far to call it "racism" all the time, its mostly just being uneducated about the big, big world outside the US.
However, unfortunately you have a quite large group currently, that is doing their best to "educate" the whole world, that muslims in general, and middle easterns/arabs in particular are batshit insane, subhuman savages, so theres that…

But what probably is more important, is the following:
Do you have a visa/work permit?

I am an European, white as white can be, and I can just forget about finding work in the US or Canada, because all jobs are only open for folks that have a work permit (forgot the exact name). And if I look at the sites of the respective government agencies, you only get those permits, when you already have a company that is going to do the paperwork for you, stating that they will hire you, so that you wont be a burden on the social system.

so unless you are in some super highly in demand thing, its going to be very hard, no matter your skin color.
>>
>>46794527
Not all MENA are rich, I got grants and stuff for achievements so I basically pay less than 50% of the fees
>middleclassfag.jpg

>>46794530
>>46794535
I guess that international image is very important, tho I only apply for internships destined for "international" students and for the "work permit" as long as I'am enrolled as a student I don't need it, I just need a hosting company to say he is interning for me and I get a visa for a year at least (not the biggest issue here)
>>
>>46794510
people from your area are here known as those that come with boats to Italy and via Greece, get cooped up in immigrant prison or if they do make it to other countries and end up as a cleaner or worker on a farm. Even if they are skilled doctors in their old country.
>>
So basically should i give up ?
>>
>>46794655
Stop thinking the U.S. is the only viable country to continue your studies.

Every third-world shithole student only wants to go the the U.S.
>>
>>46794430
why not going to europe ?
>>
Studied a semester in india.

Most useless time in my life. Their teaching habit is abysmal and getting straight As there doesn't really mean anything.

Don't know about other countries but I heard syria has a decent educational system.
>>
>>46794686
I need something that would distinguish me academically /professionally .. basically I have 3 options : Canada / US / Scandinavian counties

I don't intend to stay there for good ... just a year or so to add to my CV

>>46794688
I lived in France for while and it is retarded in IT, I don't speak German that well and the others are more inaccessible than Canada or US ...
>>
>>46794655
Try EU
>>
>>46794430
Do you know how much visa sponsorships cost? Companies aren't going to bring someone over from curryland unless it's for an executive position or some shit.
>>
>>46794720
I got an offer in India a while back
>no fucking way !
their IT approach is like bruteforce ... messy and dumb
>>
>>46794734
Try uk. They love muslim cock.
>>
>>46794734
It might not hurt looking up where the main IT focus is in Europe or any other place. Stop fucking looking at the U.S.

Do you even know where Intel, AMD, TSMC, Samsung order their machines?
>>
Don't you have some women to rape or statues to smash, muhammad?
>>
>>46794757
Elaborate.
>>
File: 13307881970998.png (93 KB, 309x264) Image search: [Google]
13307881970998.png
93 KB, 309x264
>>46794451
Basically this.

Your education is not the same. "Doctors" in Pakistan and India cannot be real doctors in the U.S. They are not even considered remotely similar. You have to do a number of tests to be accredited and most of them fail.

So you may think that you are better than everyone locally around you (its not hard, probably everyone is retarded), but you are not competitive against non-animal humans
>>
>>46794734
> academically /professionally
> just a year or so to add to my CV

Would it be such a sin to find someplace that you actually WANT to go, or an organization that seems legitimately interesting to you, instead of just to add another bulletpoint to your resume?

God, I want to puke every time I hear an engineering student talk about how to make themselves appear more marketable. Like you're some sort of human computer that you need to sell.
>>
>>46794755
I only apply for something where the company is offering a position with these specs ...

that is my point , they ask for "international" but apparently not all internationals are born equal
>>
>>46794582
> I only apply for internships destined for "international" students and for the "work permit" as long as I'am enrolled as a student I don't need it
Hm, that sucks. Then your kinds "image" could play a role. since MENA is quite a big area, what country are you from?

But still, that shit is highly competitive! I am german, and Germany is currently suffering from a severe "Fachkräftemangel" (lack of skilled workers for certain things) according to the media. But even there, being a "Fachkraft", it took me 6 months to find a job. you dont need to be just good, you need to be the best.

>>46794734
>I need something that would distinguish me academically /professionally .. basically I have 3 options : Canada / US / Scandinavian counties
why only those three?
for distinguishing, other countries that are seen as "very advanced" in your home area should also be valid.
>>
>>46794770

not op but I studied a semester there.

It was all textbook lessons. Professor came in (if he did) and only read from a book.

Most exams where 6 to 7 questions about said book. That's it. And it was a top indian
university!
>>
>>46794764
>>46794768
already said ..I'm not muslim

>>46794770
they teach "techniques" and not approaches or methods so you'd get good CRUD programmers not engineers... when they face a problem they just put a team of 20 on it until they try everything and find a -somehow- working solution

>>46794782
I'm not in Pakistan or whatever... my diploma is officially equivalent to the one in EU/Canada and Australia ..

>>46794783
Ideally yes I 'd love to ... but when I can't even get anyone to respond, how am I supposed to aim for what I like?
>>
>>46794764
Fuck off, we're full.
>>
File: 1422478593357.jpg (48 KB, 400x462) Image search: [Google]
1422478593357.jpg
48 KB, 400x462
people from the middle east fucking suck at tech, no offense but generally speaking immigrants from the middle east are absolute shit at tech. Additionaly North America gets a shitload of goddam apllications from all over the world, you being good is irrelevent there is someone who has a more impressive portfolio than you. Applicants from Europe and east asia will always be chosen over you because those areas have far more reputable educational systems. There is also a general perception that Europeans and Asians are much harder workers and can intergrate into north american society much better.

>mfw most MENA programmers I met where both lazy in how they write code and inssuferabbly smug cunts
>>
>>46794846
Where do you hail from and why have you only focused on America?
>>
>>46794804
Specifically Tunisia ,

most offers are coming from there, I wouldn't know what to look for elsewhere

>>46794829
again , op is not Indian
>>
>>46794880
not specifically but most offers I find come form there
>>
>>46794829
Are they able to get away with that? I don't think they could fake their way through an interview if they don't know shit.
>>
>>46794913
why do you think companies in real countries won't entertain them?
>>
>>46794846
>when they face a problem they just put a team of 20 on it until they try everything and find a -somehow- working solution

Well, the one thing India does have is over abundant manpower. I'm not saying that approach is smart, but if engineers are a dime a dozen it's at least understandable.
>>
Why is France retarded in IT fields?
Also, the thread subject rustled my jimmies.
Good job, Karim.
>>
>>46794846

Your diploma may or may not be equivalent. It depends on where your went. But not being at a western uni will make western employers hesitant to employ you because they are completely unfamiliar with the validity of your uni.

Additionally western employers care a lot more about who you know then anything on your resume. And employers are probably nervous that your English isn't good.

So basically you need to network, like everyone else in the west.
>>
>>46794919
>in real countries
What about "even in 3rd world countries"? Why would anyone including indian companies consider hiring someone incompetent?
>>
Have you ever considered taking the boat to Italy?
>>
>>46794946
because they can pay them in chickens and have them hacked up for blasphemy if they screw up
>>
File: mena.jpg (3 MB, 1921x2633) Image search: [Google]
mena.jpg
3 MB, 1921x2633
>>46794469
Not OP but MENA dweller here.
Morocco master, how do you like me being whiter than you?
>>
>>46794535

it's called H-1B visa
>>
File: aBQ21eP_460sa_v1.gif (602 KB, 296x248) Image search: [Google]
aBQ21eP_460sa_v1.gif
602 KB, 296x248
>>
>>46795013
Moroccans are the most hated people in my country.
>>
>>46794430

Why not go to Japan and have fun there while working too?

These guys could use more IT talent
>>
>>46794437
+1 informative post
>>
>>46795039
I bet you eat snails.
>>
>>46794582
>Not all MENA are rich, I got grants and stuff for achievements so I basically pay less than 50% of the fees

Which is why you should be mad at the people buying their degrees instead of earning them like you. They completely corrupt the image of the people having the degree being worth hiring.
>>
>>46795043
No, stay out of Japan. They don't need more foreigners.
>>
>>46795043
Japan is even more xenophobic than the rest of the world, and if you don't speak the language god help you.
>>
>>46795050
No, I walk around in wooden shoes eating Gouda.
>>
>lijpe mocros haten
jwz
>>
>>46795082
>>46795069

Just work for american-owned companies based in Japan like amazon, rakuten etc. OP has english skills so that's a plus.

rakuten also has english-only policy, so that means OP can comfortably work with english speaking japanese,.
>>
>>46795107
Minder! Minder! Minder!
>>
>>46795093
Je bent een pussy.
>>
>>46795121
>Rakuten
>Speaking English anywhere outside the office

reactionface.tiff
>>
OP, I don't know where you're from, but as a guy doing his masters and having TA'ed several classes, I don't have a good impression of MENA people at all.

You can say I'm generalizing and whatever, but MENA students fall into 2 kinds: The hyper-competitive kind who has no life and demands his project group to do the same, and the completely unmotivated kind who's just there to say they attended a murican university on their CV.

Every semester I get at least one complaint from regarding such students.

At least with the east asians I see kids who are somewhere in between and more 'normal' and they actually get along with the locals.
You can even joke about China being totalitarian and they'll tell you how much they wish they could get out of China but can't... however, I don't think I dare to joke about MENA things because they look like they could pull a knife on me any moment.
>>
>>46795093
boeren klompfaggot
>>
>>46795121
Rakuten is run like a military organization isn't it? I had a friend interning there and he tells me about it sometimes.

Company perks are pretty good though.
>>
File: 1424894004044.jpg (108 KB, 663x842) Image search: [Google]
1424894004044.jpg
108 KB, 663x842
>>46795158
>I don't think I dare to joke about MENA things because they look like they could pull a knife on me any moment.

So fucking much of this. Mena people are fucking nuts. It probbably stems from Islam but if you so much as dare to imply their shitty backwards societies are flawed they just loose their shit.

Asians are pretty cool though, especially japanese. With chinese it's a hit or miss kinda thing.
>>
>>46795107
>>46795127
>>46795130
>>46795162
>dit is nu een nederdraad
071 hier
>>
So many hating faggots in this thread. Ignorant muricans knowing little about foreign countrys.
>assuming hes muslim
>assuming he has a dark color
>assuming he is from pakistan

Since when's /g/ this racist.
>>
>>46795224
Fuck off back to tumblr, sjw
>>
>>46795224
all of 4chan acts like this when you start a thread titled "Racism in IT"

pro tip: When posting on an vietnamese tuperware identification and squelching appreciationf forum people will act in stupid ways because they know they wont be held acountable for their actions.

Expert tip: go fuck yourself
>>
>>46795181

Rakuten is the Amazon of Japan, but it's more decentralized and gives shoppers bazaar like experience

https://hbr.org/2013/11/rakutens-ceo-on-humanizing-e-commerce
>>
As long as you are not white, go to Sweden. ;^)
>>
>>46795158
>>46795196

Well there are these kinds everywhere ..

Some are very sensitive about their origins yes, probably home-sick or smthing

Personally all I want to do is have enough experience and portfolio then go back home, graduate and open my own thing

( my academic achievements wont mean shit on the market and for clients... )

>>46795224
>>46795252
>>46795256
I knew this was coming no problem
>>
>>46794430

Apply here and don't look back

http://global.rakuten.com/corp/careers/engineering/job_description/
>>
>>46795321
will do
thx anon
>>
>>46794846
>my diploma is officially equivalent to the one in EU/Canada and Australia

Here's how Universities make money.
1.Sell your wares to countries you know will never remotely have a chance in hell of practicing in your home country with the promise of 'recognition' and 'equivalence'
2. Make sure there's not a chance in hell said people will able to practice in your region.
3. ????
4. Profit!!1111!!
>>
>>46794874
>There is also a general perception that Europeans and Asians are much harder workers
>Europeans

disagree
don't they only work for 30 something hours a week?
>>
>>46794430

>>46795321

see engineering section

https://progres02.jposting.net/pgrakuten/job.phtml?lang=en
>>
>>46795333

http://global.rakuten.com/corp/careers/engineering/
>>
>>46795321
Why are you recommending this to someone who doesn't speak Japanese?

Even if he can speak English at work, he won't be able to speak it anywhere else.

Rakuten's a nice company but salaries in general in Japan are lower than in US/Canada for IT/Tech, and the yen is weak right now so it's even worse. Throw OP not speaking Japanese on top of that and this is a terrible idea.
>>
File: rtx15ynz.jpg (198 KB, 846x551) Image search: [Google]
rtx15ynz.jpg
198 KB, 846x551
>>46795376
>france
>european
>>
File: 22167476739.jpg (15 KB, 262x228) Image search: [Google]
22167476739.jpg
15 KB, 262x228
Depends on the country, I'm form Chile, studied this thing called "Informatic Engineering", which is Software engineering, and I got a job in Germany for 4 years in a pretty nice company. But I also had german citizenship thanks to my gramps, that might have helped.
>>
>>46794502
http://www.theepochtimes.com/n2/world/sorcery-and-witchcraft-still-blight-on-middle-east-26927.html
I wonder why :D
>>
>>46795429
>But I also had german citizenship thanks to my gramps, that might have helped.
No fucking shit.That got you the job.
>>
File: 1424906552706.jpg (81 KB, 406x537) Image search: [Google]
1424906552706.jpg
81 KB, 406x537
>>46795485
>mfw when he seems to think he got the job because Germany has a high regard for Chilean information egineers
>>
>>46794527
Them being rich is what let them come to your country where the cost of life is much higher. Any modest family wouldn't afford sending their kid abroad.
>>
>>46795413

rakuten offers intense language training

it's up to OP to make the most of it
http://global.rakuten.com/corp/careers/lifeatrakuten/benefits/
>Benefits:
>Orientation Training, mentor program, follow-up training, position-specific training, programming training, special management training, e-learning courses, division-specific OJT, language training, and other training.

and Since OP is from MENA rakuten might even ask him about his region and even ask about ways for rakuten to gain foothold in that region.
>>
>>46795513
Having citizenship and/or knowing the language like its your own,its the ONLY thing you need to land great job in Europe.Degree and uni dont mater much.
>>
Why are you fucking tards taking this obvious hair. For fuck sake
>>
>>46795413
>but salaries in general in Japan are lower than in US/Canada for IT/Tech

Everything is low in Japan, even for executives (Toyota CEO only earns a fraction of what Ford CEO does) but they more than make that up with stability, and plus if OP is already an otaku then Japan will be his mecca for consumerist lifestyle
>>
>>46794430
Why would they hire someone from MENA when they have plenty of local talent? There are laws which stop companies from hiring foreigners when there is no talent shortage locally.

Why not start a local company and offer outsourcing? I'm sure that's work great. Especially if you speak English, French and Spanish.
>>
>>46795631
Yes, IF he is an otaku that loves Japan and has studied the language so that he has a foundation then it's a good choice, but I don't see anything in this thread indicating that's the case.
>>
>>46794527

>implying its different in the US
>m...muh Ivy League

but oh well, US Education is a Scam anyway.
>>
>>46794430

Why work if you can just use whatever you learned and your Allah-given talent to start your own engineering or outsourcing company?
>>
كس اختش ههههههخخخههخخخ
انستال جينتو
>>
>Is America racist in hiring?
Oh boy...
>>
>>46795714

yes.

In America...

NBA only likes to hire blacks.

Cleaning/gardening/janitorial crews only like to hire mexicans.

High paying modeling gigs only go to whites.

Engineering-related only goes to whites and asians (indians included since they're technically in Asia )
>>
Thank you for suggesting rakuten,

I don't speak Japanese but I will try to apply for an internship where it is not mandatory.

Their selection process seems quite throw and long, but I'll give it a shot
>>
>>46795776
that's not racist, it's smart
blacks are better athletes
mexicans have no papers so they're cheaper plus you don't have to pay taxes
white women are the most attractive thing on earth
>>
File: _787980.jpg (33 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
_787980.jpg
33 KB, 640x360
>>46795840
>japanese people
>not the most racist country in the earth
>>
Shitskin pls go.
>>
>>46795866
Lelnope
>>
>>46795937
great argument, you've convinced me
>>
>>46795914
I wonder what they'd say about us Italians. We're not as prolific as Irish scum.
>>
>>46795914
Fucking this.They are more racist than /pol/.
Westerner has no business to go there unless on holiday to fuck asian girls.Basically blacks here are whites there.
>>
>>46794786
>born equal
nothing of anything is born equal, don't let anyone tell you otherwise
>>
>>46795991
Hell, you're not even equal to your siblings, parents or children, and they're your closest genetic matches. There's a lot of heritable variation between humans. It's good, because it gives us all different niches in which to excel.
>>
>>46795955
You are not like them but you act like you know everything in this world.Ive been to different cities in Italia and the worst is in Venecia.Holy fuck you guys are arrogant.Chill for a bit Christ.
>>
>>46794430
>wanting to get into the us
you probably deserve better than that
>>
>>46796006
I accept that actually. Italians are arrogant as fuck and can never admit when they're wrong EVER.
>>
>>46796050
on a scale of 1 to AAYY how similar is a guy from new jersey to an actual italian?
>>
>>46796078
They are not similar at all.Italians are different kind of animal.
>>
>>46796078
I have plenty of both in my family and we're the same (Southern), probably because we're the same race. Northerners are a bit different and centrals rare intermediate.
>>
>>46796093
Emphasis on the word animal.
>>
>>46794520
I think your problem might be that you have no experience yet. Try working for a few years in your own country and then apply internationally.
>>
>>46795945
You're not worth arguing with. I'm just letting you know that you're wrong. :^)
>>
>>46794430
You're not wanted in the civilized world
>>
File: a.png (238 KB, 247x714) Image search: [Google]
a.png
238 KB, 247x714
>>46796126
"animal" alone shouldn't be offensive, all humans are animals
>>
>>46795914
i read about this a while ago and this is actually korean you stupid mother fucker
>>
>>46796142
>Try working for a few years in your own country and then apply internationally.
This.You need at least two year exp in any branch so you can work int.
>>
>>46796149
so you don't like white women? lol what a fag
>>
File: 1425173869842.png (174 KB, 453x599) Image search: [Google]
1425173869842.png
174 KB, 453x599
>degree from a third world country
>surprised when you get rejected
It's not racism you stupid twat, try going a decent murican college and you'll do better.
>>
>>46796186
I'm looking for an internship . I have not even graduated yet
>>
>>46794430
Hey OP, I didn't read the whole thread, as I'm lazy. I'm myself from a third world country in a rich one. I don't know if there is direct prejudice, it is just that it is way more difficult to know about the past of someone from a country you don't know well, the quality of the institution, etc... They have no reference, so they do not take the risk. But go on OP, if you try enough you will get it.
>>
Why do third worlders think they're entitled to American jobs that not even Americans are getting? I don't get it. I don't think I'm entitled to Japanese or Korean jobs.
>>
>>46796421

again not requesting a job here, just an internship .. 50 weeks and go back to my uni to graduate
>>
>>46796237

>try going a decent murican college
>2015
>still falling for the scam
>>
Its not racism you moon. Its just these companies dont want to deal with the legal hurdles of international students
>>
>>46796627

I only apply to internships that are destined for international students, your argument is invalid
>>
>>46796204
>Literally a straw man
This is why nerds should shut up and build things and leave the arguing to people who can actually string a logical sentence together.
>>
>>46795979
that's not true you retard, stop believing everything you read on /pol/ lmao
>>
>>46796655
Make a temp email without your actual name in it. Cold call a place you want to work, tell them that you've been trying to apply to int'l internships and that you haven't heard back from any if them and you're afraid that you're doing something wrong or breaking some cultural taboo, so you wanted to try speaking with an actual human to make sure you had all this stuff right. If they ask for your information, give them your first name but say that you're uncomfortable giving your last name for now. Also give them your temp email. This is so that if you fuck up or they blacklist cold callers, you won't get hit by it.

Eventually you'll hit someone who'll be like, "Sure I'll put in a good word for you since you sound p. awesome," and hopefully that's the foot in the door you need.

But yes it's racism; partly because shit like the 9/11 hijackers coming here to learn to fly and whatnot. I have to imagine that you're fucked if you're coming here for cybersecurity as an intern; the only way they'd let a foreign national in on that kind of work is if they'd been thoroughly vetted, and the easiest way to do that is to be part of a military with a security cooperation agreement with the US.

Finally, when you get over here with your shiny new internship, don't be racist to blacks/Latinos because one of them just gave you some damn good advice.
>>
>>46796735
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=prNYOW0_kms
>>
>>46794846
If you got certified as a doctor in the US/Canada as well as your home country, there shouldn't be a problem.
Also, why did you post this shit on /g/?
Go to /adv/ or /pol/ for more help
>>
File: Cff.jpg (79 KB, 882x526) Image search: [Google]
Cff.jpg
79 KB, 882x526
>>46796912
ugh
Thread replies: 132
Thread images: 15

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.