[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Laptop for SO
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
So, it looks like my fiance is finally sick of her 5 year old Macbook (with 2GB RAM) and wants to see the other side.

She doesn't have many specifics for what she's looking for.

>doesn't want a 2-1
>liked a friend's Dell
>no preference between win7/8 (id load it with a cracked version anyway)
>needs to "just werk"
>She wants a screen with... rounded edges?
>dont want a POS Toshiba or acer that'll fall apart after 2 years
>doesn't want it to be a blocky monster (like my T410)
>screen size 13"-15"
>$300-500
>minimum Intel Corei3/4GB RAM

any ideas?
>>
I'm not sure if "Consumer-quality" and "quality" can really go together... ever
>>
install gentoo
>>
>>46788587
Add more RAM and and SSD, tell her to shut up and deal for 3 more years.

As long as its not PPC it will be fine. Should make it feel better than new

Also, girls/women/whatever can't install common sense pro 2015 so you know that it would just end up in malware hell anyway. Best keep them on OS for dummies
>>
>having a fiancé
>>
XPS 2013 versions were rounded.
>>
The other side sucks dick. If she truly can't afford more than $300 and its a regular unibody or plastic MacBook, just put in a crucial M500 and bring the RAM up to 8GB. Core 2 Duos still aren't terrible for day to day use and can run OSX Yosemite fine.
>>
>>46789395
>Add more RAM and and SSD, tell her to shut up and deal for 3 more years.
why go through the hassle? If she's the one looking for the change, I have no qualms with helping her along.

>As long as its not PPC it will be fine.
It's the C2D version.

>Also, girls/women/whatever can't install common sense pro 2015 so you know that it would just end up in malware hell anyway.
thats what MBAM Pro is for
>Best keep them on OS for dummies
thats what I'm there for

>>46789449
I think she'd prefer something new. and the new XPS line is $1500+

>>46789505
I picked the price range. this would be a birthday gift.
>>
>>46788587
>$300-500

lmao poor

put up a crowdfund, if she's cute i'll throw in a few hundred
>>
File: dell-xps-13-ces-2015-10.jpg (436 KB, 1280x698) Image search: [Google]
dell-xps-13-ces-2015-10.jpg
436 KB, 1280x698
>>46789535
Meant 2014, 2015 ones are the squarish ones.
>>
>>46789567
this nigga has bills to pay.

what do the kids call it these days? a "sugar daddy"?
...yeah, that aint me.
>the ring was expensive enough

all that being said, if $300-500 isn't a good range for a glorified Facebook/text processing machine, then what is?
>>
>>46789622
I would have said get a dell xps 13 2015 but at that price range get the Asus UX305.
It's 699 nigga.
http://www.microsoftstore.com/store/msusa/en_US/pdp/ASUS-Zenbook-UX305FA-USM1-Signature-Edition-Laptop/productID.313303100&ved=0CC8QFjAA&usg=AFQjCNFhnSb7_Qr0p1_8MM0r1SooeRzOYg&sig2=v-ycyExSb9T9b5hpZCZf7A
>>
>>46789535
RAM and SSD is like 5 minutes to install, maybe 10 to install the OS, maybe 30 minutes to transfer old files.

How lazy are you, do you even love her?
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.