[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anyone ever order something off this site? I'm looking to
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3
File: unnamed.png (17 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
unnamed.png
17 KB, 300x300
Anyone ever order something off this site? I'm looking to buy something from one of these sites and I need a new mouse. Kinda want a smart watch. Let's have an alibaba, dhgate, or aliexpress thread.
>>
I order off aliexpress all the time without problem. Never tried alibaba though. What watch?
>>
>>46062463

What all have you ordered? I haven't looked through the watches yet but I'd like a color display one. Are smart watches even worth it. They seem kinda retarded.
>>
>>46062533
Plushies, keychain, wallet, underwear, socks, cables, some airsoft gear for my brother.

Standard shipping is 1-2 months on a lot of stuff, so be prepared for that.

And I think color smartwatches in their current state are retarded. Though, if somebody made a BT enabled f91w that could display notifications, I'd be all over that
>>
>>46062685

Goddamn. Do the other sites take that long as well? I just want a knockoff razer hexagram.
>>
Looking at buying a keyboard off aliexpress since I can't find it anywhere else.
I also recommend looking at Rakuten, Taobao, and auctions.yahoo.co.jp
>>
Haven't had too much issue with Alibaba, other than long shipping dates(because fuck 3-4 weeks waiting).
>>
I order electronic components from alibaba. mostly bulk orders like 1000xLEDs that sorta stuff.
I arrange express shipping with the seller and most of the stuff comes within the week(to OZ)
>>
>>46062706
Yeah, all the sites I order from are that slow. The fastest shipper is fasttech, but you're still looking at 3-4 wk shipping unless you pay for expidited.

My advice is to just wait. Whatever it is you're ordering, you don't need it that urgently.
>>
I've ordered a few things with no issues, other than one product being shit. You have to remember it's like Amazon. There's a ton of different sellers that you can buy from. The shipping is fucking slow as hell though. I am convinced that they just give the package to man on horseback who rides across the Mongolian steppe and then charters and ancient fishing boat across the sea. Fortunately everything is cheap as hell.
>>
>>46062763
>>46062821

Can you even pay for better shipping? Is it even worth it?
>>
>>46062866
I haven't seen the option yet. Everything I've got has come through China post, which must be insanely inefficient. Maybe in the future sellers will clue in and start offering shipping through DHL or whoever is available in China.
>>
>>46062866
You can, but I've never done it, so I dunno. It probably is a lot better.
>>
>>46062821
Still faster than usps
>>
>>46062723

What keyboard?
>>
Only buy from highly rated sellers. Quality of everything I've bought is top notch.
>>
>>46062435
I used to buy lights for video work from there. Granted that it's not a single store, its the ebay for bulk china. Depending on the seller it can take a long time to get here. I had one order that came on a shipping container and it spent two weeks in american port for customs after taking a month to get on a boat in the first place.
>>
>>46062435
So we buy straight from chinks now?
>>
File: _.jpg (24 KB, 307x303) Image search: [Google]
_.jpg
24 KB, 307x303
>>46065579
I buy stuff from Chinese Ebay vendors all the time. Small electronics like Arduino, breadboard, LEDs etc. are super cheap from Ebay.

I bought LED strips and an Android figure like pic related from Ali* (forgot which of the two), cost $3 instead of $12. Might be a fake though, even though the packaging looked very like the original http://theunlockr.com/2010/09/12/how-to-spot-a-real-from-a-fake-android-figure/
>>
>>46065632
I buy from ebay from time to time, but I've never bought straight from a chinese store and I believe there is a difference. The chinese who is on ebay is more likely to be able to write english to deal with his customers than the one who is not. Maybe I'm biased.
Is people buying electronics (monitors keyboards and the like) from those stores?
>>
>>46062435
>Anyone ever order something off this site?
Lots of shit. Main problem with the site is that the review system is utterly fucked. If you post a bad review, the seller will do anything to make you change it to a good review. So there are only positive reviews, even for the worst products. And there's generally no specifications.

>...I need a new mouse. Kinda want a smart watch.
Most stuff on aliexpress is bargain bin trash, as sellers have no incentive to compete on quality.

That's not to say you can't get good stuff, but i don't think consumer electronics is their strong suit.
>>
>>46062435
>Order anything?
Yep. Takes time. Some sellers on Aliexpress do offer DHL service, but it's like $45-$50, vs CPAM's $0.00, due to the Chinese government's subsidies.
>New mouse
You can get them in a funky shape, but they're all likely to be garbage. I have gotten some good stuff though (12 antminer U2s for $3 a piece whaaaaat)
>>
>>46066803
>If you post a bad review, the seller will do anything to make you change it to a good review.

>post bad review
>seller sends triads after you
>cuts off your balls
>rapes you're sister
>impregnates you're mum
>sodomizes you're dad
>sells your friends off as slaves

I-I just wanted a new mouse. ;_;
>>
>>46062435
I'm a VIP silver on ali-express, been purchasing from there over a year.

Things to note: You routinely get sent faulty or poor quality electrical items. The majority of stuff sold on ali-express in low quantity is QA rejects. Some of it is not really noticeable like poor colour gamut on lcd's but others are like rows of pixels missing. The exception being if you buy in bulk where you will likely be getting items fresh off the run and you supplier is acting as the middleman.

If you end up getting a faulty item you're going to lose money on it regardless if it's not your fault, your countries selling refilation don;t apply here. alibaba will never refund you the full amount, they'll tell you to send it back at your own cost for a full refund or they will give you a partial refund, this can be 10% or up to 80% depending on the fault. either way you lose out, so be prepared.

for lost items, If you don;t get dhl shipping it can take more than 30 days, if nothing turns up you'll be waiting another 2 weeks for a dispute to be accepted and another 5 days for your refund. there are some sellers that will refund you far quicker, but they are very rare.

If it's a cheap electrical/knock-off don;t expect it to adhere to your countries health and safety standards, I've been electrocuted a few times with dodgy items.

Pro-tip: If you're looking for a steady supply of items find a reputable supplier and claim something is fault when it's not, make him pay return postage, see how he handles the situation. if he values your custom more that a quick profit add him on skype and cut out the alibaba, you'll get a better price and better service.

If you're just looking for a mouse get it from amazon market place, or on ebay, it's likely coming from the same place and only costing 5% more, you'll be getting way more protection if it turns up broken or not at all.
>>
>>46067984
>If it's a cheap electrical/knock-off don;t expect it to adhere to your countries health and safety standards, I've been electrocuted a few times with dodgy items.
Holy shit, you just remembered me when I read a review of some earphones on aliexpress, and the buyer said he's never going to use them again since he got electrocuted on the ears by the earphones.
I lol'd hard with that situation.
>>
>>46065579You whites would buy anything from us "chinks", we own you and america, so fuck you
>>
>>46062435
Aliexpress is fine, it's actually my favorite site. I know you can search for sellers by different types of verification but I'm too worried about getting scammed
>>
>buying knock-off chink products

why
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.