[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>tfw there well probably never be a successor to this beauty
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2
File: IMG_6249.jpg (384 KB, 799x584) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6249.jpg
384 KB, 799x584
>tfw there well probably never be a successor to this beauty
>tfw there well never be something technological that is as good looking as this
>>
It may not look as good but I'm going to buy a Dragonbox Pyra
>>
UMPCs are pretty much dead, but in a couple years someone will release a tablet or smartphone with an accessory dock that provides the same functionality, and it'll be heralded as the most revolutionary thing ever, then everyone will copy it for a couple years.
>>
>>45871383
What's the deference between it and a Pandora?
They look pretty much the same,and i was thinking of getting one
>>
>>45871397
Let's hope that whatever is released doesn't cost as much as a fucking car like what the UX series did
>>
>>45871445
this
>>
>>45871445
The normal ones (180 - 490) were sold for 2,500$ at launch,yet they managed to get something that is even more expensive, i remember back in 2008ish they launched one for 5k,same exterior,only had double the ram and a shitty core 2 duo
>>
>>45871445
>high power
>good price
>small size
It's impossible to get all of these together. The more you focus on one of the items, the more you gimp the other two.
>>
>>45871550
I'm not asking for fucking super computer,something like the HP stream 7 in that form factor would be godly
The CPUs in the old ones weren't really that good back then
>>
>>45871619
A newer Atom chip with 3gb of RAM, a physical keyboard, and 10,000mah worth of battery would be a godsend.
>>
It was heavy
Overheated
Short battery life
Bloated OS

Microsoft could have made a very tailored OS but they didnt...
>>
>>45871421
The Pandora was the first model. The Pyra is it's successor.
>>
>>45871700
>Microsoft could have ...
Implying they would do any extra work ...
>>
>6"
>1280x800 IPS touchscreen
>intel atom
>2gb ram
>keyboard
>runs linux
><=$300

Why does this not exist?
>>
>>45871863
You mean the HP slate 7 ?
>>
>>45871868
It lacks the keyboard.
>>
>>45871863
If more people would buy a Pandara/Pyra, prices would fall like shit and ED would produce an Intel Pyra.
>>
>>45871368
openpandora and
dragonbox pyra
>>
>>45871863
Because intel has no place in the mobile industry, they are subcidising their way in and bleeding money in the order of billions.
>>
>>45871891
Buy an addon
>>
>>45871397
I'm... I'm gonna work on this...
>>
>>45871397
if it's not x86 i'm not interested
>>
>>45873820
I hope you do. I could use s smaller device to replace my aging Toughbook

>>45873904
That goes without saying.
>>
File: oqo-model-03.jpg (92 KB, 468x331) Image search: [Google]
oqo-model-03.jpg
92 KB, 468x331
>>45871368
I thought this was in the pic at first glace. I remember really wanting to own one someday.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/OQO
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.