[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm getting started in python, i want to get into web developmnent,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 1
File: python-logo-master.png (114 KB, 1487x645) Image search: [Google]
python-logo-master.png
114 KB, 1487x645
I'm getting started in python, i want to get into web developmnent, any advice?
>>
>>45846025
if you haven't already learn HTML/CSS because that's 90% of your website right there.

i don't actually know much about development, but you're going to want to learn SQL or Ruby, but that's obvious enough.

just go to codeacadamy or some other learn to code website and do what they tell you. it's easy enough.
>>
>>45846063
someone told me django is cool for web dev.
Also, do you know any other aplications for pyhton?
>>
>>45846102
python is actually flexible. a lot of applications are coded with both it and a bit of the native operating system's code, so you could try out programs.

i'm really just a designer, not a real programmer so i can't help you out much
>>
Learn Python well, learn HTML/CSS and a bit of JS, learn Django.
>>
Man I hope you are not trying to work python webdev, no one uses it
>>
>>45846158
There's plenty of work that uses Python and Django. Not as much as PHP or Rails but there's jobs. Plus if he learns Python well and couples it with R he can land a data science job.
>>
>>45846187
by 'R' do you mean Ruby? or the statistics lenguage?
>>
>>45846131
Any projects you recommend to leran python WELL?
>>
>>45846025
>>45846063
>if you haven't already learn HTML/CSS because that's 90% of your website right there.
>>
>>45846025
While python is useful in webapps, it's a specialized subset of web dev.
After you complete the step of
>learn HTML/CSS because that's 90% of your website right there.
Be sure to learn Django, the most common python web framework.
>>
>>45846452
stats language obvs.
>>
>>45846452
>data science job
Since he said "data science job", he's obviously referring to the R language.
>>
>>45846025

Funny, i'm building my personal website in Django as we speak. Really though i'd reccomend Rails, it's got alot more resources for web development. Check out the Odin Project, it's a complete roadmap from beginner to web dev. I was looking into doing it myself, as I wanted to learn ruby and rails, if you want we collaborate]
>>
>>45846102
Should look into Flask if you don't want to use monstrous frameworks that do you no good.
>>
>>45848841
Flask is Python2 only and the devs have said they won't upgrade for some retarded reason.

Look at CherryPy
>>
>>45848859
I'm sorry, what?

http://flask.pocoo.org/docs/0.10/python3/
>>
>>45848894
Fuck, I must have been thinking of something else.
Sorry about that.
>>
>>45848915
Np. Flask is love, flask is life. Made webdev fun again.

I generally don't recommend Django to people, because of how much 'django' you write, as opposed to your own code. Looking up the inheritance and whatnot in django is a pain.
>>
>>45846102
Django is a web framework for Python (the equivalent of Rails for Ruby.)

>>45846187
How much money is in data science?

>>45848770
>>45848772
I've never seen /g/ respond so civilly.
>>
>>45848841
Flask is for toy projects.
>>
>>45846025
Learn Django or some web framework. Build some cool fucking apps for your portfolio. Network and get them jobs.

I'm in the same position as you but I'm currently learning Rails. It's pretty cool but a bit overwhelming at first. Still surprised full-stack web devs are treated like retards on this board, seemingly just for using high-level languages like Python/Ruby.
>>
>>45849003
Grow thick skin, bro.

Most of the ridicule is leveled towards people who claim to be 'full stack' when all they do is set up wordpress.
>>
>>45846929
like i said i'm just the designer
>>
>>45849020
Hah I got thick skin - it's moreso I don't understand it than I'm hurt by the disdain for web devs.

I know programming enterprise applications in Java is more verbose (and possibly more difficult?), but does full-stack web development not require comparable intelligence/programming aptitude to do well? I'd imagine the engineers working at Facebook are pretty smart, but I suppose they're also not your average web devs.
>>
>>45849020
Nah, most of the ridicule here is a mindless chant from those who can barely program in any language at all.
>>
>>45849045
You'll find that there's plenty of ridicule leveled at 'enterprise' stuff as well.

https://github.com/EnterpriseQualityCoding/FizzBuzzEnterpriseEdition
>>
>>45849045

You can program full stack in Java, infact that;s what most of enterprise software entails. It's faster, it scales, its backwards compatible, you can hire indians, everyone knows it, etc.

From a business standpoint, i'd want my app to be made in java, but from a developer's standpoint, I prefer dynamic languages for the flexibility.
>>
>>45846119

>and a bit of the native operating system's code

What does that even mean? Why do you talk abou things you don't understand fully?
>>
>>45846119
>native operating system's code
Get out, you cancerous piece of shit
>>
>web development
Disgusting.
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.