[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So, what are your excuses for not being Windows master race and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 3
File: fkpmb.jpg (76 KB, 490x460) Image search: [Google]
fkpmb.jpg
76 KB, 490x460
So, what are your excuses for not being Windows master race and continuing to be anything-else master race?
>>
the delusion is real
>>
I use what I personally prefer and not what some fat ass on /g/ prefers.
>>
>>45722666
I use multiple OS because all soft is free.
>>
>>45722666
>allowing a third party to have control over your computing
>>
>>45722680
Yes, the delusion that anything besides Windows is good is very real.

>>45722683
That's why you use Windows.
>>
>>45722704
That's Mac.
>>
>>45722666
I have 5 Windows machines.

I have to use Linux at work and whilst it works fine in that environment, it is poop as a desktop OS.
>>
>>45722666
>drivers crash all the time
>installing drivers is a PITA, even worse than proprietary drivers in linux
>corrupts itself irreversibly when installing programs or checking the disk
>having to do maintenance for things that don't really need it
>badly coded virus will also destroy your system and steal your passwords
and so on
windows itself is suffering
>>
Come Windows 13, Microsoft will be dead, Linux will have domain over the public, and we'll all be using OpenBSD.
>>
>>45722868
Always fun to hear opinions on Windows from people who haven't used it since 1999.
>>
>>45723111
But that kind of stuff always happens on 7, and 8 is plain horrible.
>>
>>45722683
>I use what I personally prefer and not what some fat ass on /g/ prefers.
>>
>>45723127
Are you buying hardware from cheap knock-off companies or something?
>>
>>45723242
Even if I were, it doesn't make Windows any less horrible.
>>
>>45723273
If you were, you wouldn't be able to use that hardware on Linux at all.

Checkmate faggot.
>>
>>45722868
Linux
>corrupts itself irreversibly when installing programs or checking the disk
definetly Linus
>having to do maintenance for things that don't really need it
constant mainenance? Linux
Wow you them pretty hard.
>>
>>45723350
not really m8.

I use plenty of chink shit that jus plugs in and jus werks on GNU + Linux

on winshitty or OS X I have to install some binary garbage from these chink vendors

GNU + Linux hardware support > everyone else.
>>
>>45722666
>what are your excuses for not being Windows master race and continuing to be anything-else master race?
Literally everything I need to do in Windows I can do in either Linux or Mac.

If it weren't for my MSP monitoring application and Hearthstone, I would use a Chromebook full time
>>
>>45723350
This Toshiba shitbook from 2007 is running Debian Sid flawlessly and you are full of shit.
>>
>>45722666

Windows 10 is the best!
>>
>>45723721
Windows 10 is what Windows 8 should have been. In the mean time, Mac and some linux distributions have surpassed Windows.
>>
>>45723721
rofl... I think you mean Windows 11
>>
I have to maintain windows servers at my job, this shitty os should be burn with fire. Critical updates requiring restart are common like STD between russian prostitutes.

?Windows is only cool because it's ecosystem is large - but it's changing slowly.

Linux > AIX > Windows
>>
>>45722666

Back when I got my own (not a machine my parents bought) computer back in 1992, I used OS/2.

It worked just fine. It worked better than anything coming from Redmond. Workplace Shell ran fuckin' rings around W3.1's desktop for speed /and/ utility. And I still miss it. I would give my right nut for IBM to port it to Linux.

Years later, I ran W95. It was OK. Sortof. It was like a crippled OS/2.

And then Winduhs ate 4 years of my data. In a fit of pique, I ran out and bought a boxed set of Caldera Linux.

I've been on Linux since Feb 1998.

It does what it says on the tin.

I have yet to have any data loss through stupid software engineering and design choices.

And every time I turn around, there is something that occurs in the Windows universe that reminds me why I ran away screaming. Windows 8x is one. What a gigantic POS.

>b b buht Windows 10

Nope x 10^1934519345134588439852345
>>
>>45723779
>Critical updates requiring restart are common like STD between russian prostitutes.

yes because you dont need to restart linux servers when you have to critically update the kernel because 'developers' are dumb neckbeards who dont give a shit

you fucking idiot.
>>
>>45723880
>critically update the kernel
That like never happens tho. The kernel that goes into Debian and RHEL/CentOS are tested for years to make sure they're rock solid.
>>
>>45723880
This >>45723919
You don't run uh-baun-tao in self-respecting companies on production servers. RHEL / Suse all the way.

>you fucking idiot.

whoa.
>>
File: pants.gif (1001 KB, 250x207) Image search: [Google]
pants.gif
1001 KB, 250x207
>>45723992

YFW you learn that Google's linux distro they use internally is Ubuntu.

Where is your god now?
>>
>>45724159
That's their desktop OS though. Even they know better not to run a desktop OS on a server. Plus Ubuntu Server is actually also pretty solid.
>>
>>45722666
I don't need that cancer for anything I use my computer for (browsing the interwebs, listening to music, and downloading torinps).
If I ever decide to build a gaming desk2ob I will make sure to make a partition for the only decent OS that Microsoft made
hint: it's not win 8, nor 8.1
>>
http://itsfoss.com/worlds-fastest-supercomputer-runs-ubuntu/

Where's your god now Winfags?
>>
>>45724208
Ubuntu Server would be better if it didn't come with Landscape, but that can be removed easily.
>>
>>45722666
Our brand has failed in phones. That is why people do not want to use Windows. They're happy to use it on their laptops and PCs though.

My Windows phone should be here tomorrow.
>>
>>45723127
>>45723242

I am currently viewing this thread via my integrated graphics because of drivers problems with my graphics card and other devices. I am on Windows 7 64-bit.

She worked for 3 years straight with no issues, and then crashed and burned like the Hindenburg. Tarballs and patches are keeping her running.

Right now I have to program C because my computer cannot handle Java3D graphics without the graphics card.

The only viable solution is to install Windows 8.1, which I can do after the backup finishes. It's coming up on 24 hours, and the Windows Backup and Restore is only 26% complete, so I am stuck like this for at least another 3 days because I only have USB 2.0 on my PC.

Windows is suffering.
>>
>>45724471
You could install Kubuntu to get the interface that Win 7 was ripping off this whole time, only much better and for free.
>>
>>45724513
What? Ubuntu copies Windows UI, not the other way around. Linux belongs in the VM.
>>
>>45722666
YOU R THE BEST
UPBOOOOOOOOOOOAT
>>
>>45724550
KDE 4.0 = January 2008
Windows 7 OEM release = July 2009
>>
>>45722666
But I use Windows because I actually want to be productive instead of ricing my system
>>
File: dolphin-systemsettings-kickoff.jpg (202 KB, 1400x1050) Image search: [Google]
dolphin-systemsettings-kickoff.jpg
202 KB, 1400x1050
>>45724780
This looks nothing like Windows 7. It looks a lot like Windows classic though, which means they copied MS.
>>
>>45722666
>2014
>not using a *nix system.

kek
>>
>>45722666

>linux
>buy

it's like you missed the whole point.
>>
>>45724869
That's only the theme you jagoff.
>>
>>45722704

Mac, not Windows.
>>
>>45724957
>>45722730
Samefag winshill pls go.
>>
>>45722868
>I don't know how to use a computer
>>
>>45723111
>BSoD are a thing of the past
keep telling that to yourself...

>>45723658
are you kidding me? Linux drivers work just fine unless you are using a bleeding edge distro, won't corrupt itself at all (if you are retarded, you may destroy it, but even then, you can fix it by yourself), and barely requires maintenance, you just run the updater and call it a day, you don't have to defrag stuff, clean the registry or whatever...
I bet you've never used it
>>
>>45722666
I use windows for few games and programs, i like, but use mostly linux. Why would you be so one-sided?
>>
>>45725097
ask that to all Linux fat here.
>>
>>45724895
>using the term *nix
Fuck you.
>>
I like having full control of my OS and use it for more practical reasons than PC games.
>>
>>45725080
>Linux drivers work just fine
ohshitniggerwhatareyoudoing.bmp
>>
>>45727020
I have 3 very different machines all running a form of Debian GNU/Linux and they're all running brilliantly.
>>
>>45727020
Funny, I had to wait 2 years before my laptop even had rudimentary support for ethernet drivers.

And I'm not even going to talk about graphics drivers. That's an even easier target than Windows Metro.
>>
>>45727073
Meant to reply to >>45727037
>>
>>45727073
That was then, this is now. Now you are a fool.
>>
the only reason i even stick with windows is for the games
>>
>>45727159
wow im hurt :(
>>
>>45727073
YMMV, but I get graphic artifacts on my x200 with Windows. Linux works well and the few games that run actually run better on it.
>>
>>45722666
eh I'm just sick of windows. I'm sick of bullshit permissions and microsofts bloatware. I'm sick of worrying about backdoors and whether or not my web habits are being monitored. Sure it doesn't matter because I'm a nobody, but why use a product that is known for it's malicious behavior when there are plenty of free gratis replacements out there?

I can do everything I need to do on linux and have fun while doing it. It's a fun hobby and I get to learn about and support a system that gives a fuck about my privacy and freedom. They don't ask anything from me or you so I don't really see why everyone bitches about linux.

I'm glad I have the option to not use windows.
Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.