[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
North Korea offers US joint investigation of Sony cyberattack
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 4
File: 26.si.jpg (122 KB, 690x388) Image search: [Google]
26.si.jpg
122 KB, 690x388
North Korea has proposed a joint investigation with the United States into the hack attack against Sony Pictures, according to the state news agency, KCNA.

The offer comes as the FBI formally accused Pyongyang of the attack on Friday and US President Barack Obama promised to “respond proportionally” to the online breach.

North Korea says it can prove it has nothing to do with the cyberattack on Sony, the KCNA news release said.

The statement by Pyongyang also warns of "grave consequences" if Washington refuses to cooperate in the investigation of the attack and continues to accuse North Korea.

Sony’s network was hacked in November, with masses of private data, including employees’ emails, being made public.

The attack was followed by threats against movie theaters that planned to show “The Interview,” a comedy in which the US intelligence seeks to kill North Korea's leader Kim Jong-un. Sony eventually refused to release the film.

http://rt.com/news/216255-north-korea-investigation-sony-cyberattack/
>>
>>45708207
>implying the NSA didn't do it so they have justification to increase their own power
>>
>>45708207
I'm sure our Korean friends are having a great time reading the stories.
>>
Anyone with any rational thought already knew its not NK behind the hacks.
>>
>>45708207
its all an elaborate trap to infiltrate the US.
they think we're dumb.
>>
If they can prove it, why not let them? People are so quick to defend the first reports that were leaked by tabloids.
>>
why doesn't anyone believe it when i say i did it, god damnit
>>
Of course they would make this offer. The state would never allow the real perpetrators to be traced back to them.

We have gone through this same cat-and-mouse game with Pakistan, Iran, Afghanistan, Cuba, and most recently Russia with the downed Malaysia plane, and now North Korea hacking Sony.

Of course they did it, so why allow them to try and "prove" anything?
>>
>>45708234
They're still in the stone age
>>
>>45708277
Because despite what the FBI say, it doesn't take some evil nation state to hack a terribly insecure companies network and troll the fuck out of everyone.

It's not like Sony has pissed of the entire gaming / skript kiddie community or anything. If I had to blame anyone I've blame someone from /v/
>>
>>45708257
They're dumb enough to think the US isn't the one behind it.
This has false-flag written all over it
>>
>>45708336
Or is it possible that this could be yet another American false flag to rally public opinion into yet another war to generate more profits for private contractors and the military industrial complex?
>>
Fun fact: If something bad happens, the United States Federal Government is directly responsible, every time.
>>
>>45708387
Every single time, never forget.
>>
>>45708385
Considering that the entire US armed forces is now run on RedHat, a war could mean great things for the Linux community.
>>
>>45708385
No, it isn't
>>
How can NK proof they werent behind the hack? "Our Lord was eating cake while the hack happend, so it cant be us!"

Even tho it's fairly obvionus it wasn't them and some retard at the FBI just found some korean letters and then said it must be Kim Jong Un!
>>
>>45708387
those fucking CIA niggers
>>
>>45708472
terry pls stay
>>
>>45708385
No. America is always honest and right.
>>
>>45708412
Why? Is the public really going to hear, "hey, the army runs Red Hat", are they really going to say, "therefore, let's run Red Hat on our own computers"?
>>
>>45708528
I was talking about a fuckton of money being pumped into it, but the History Channel and such always have programming on technology that the Army uses, and Linux could definitely get some good publicity out of it.
>>
It is gonna come out that Un has a lot of CP
>>
>>45708362
It absolutely does.
Well more like, anonymous did the initial "hack". The Norks took advantage of the situation, and decided to block the movie because they had this ready made situation to their advantage, the FBI, CIA, NSA, etc are doing the same thing, taking advantage of whats happened to further their own agenda.

>twofagsITROLLU.jpg
>>
>>45708626
There is not such thing as uncontrolled happenings anymore.
Everything has some major power behind it.
>>
File: 1317254102379.jpg (10 KB, 251x251) Image search: [Google]
1317254102379.jpg
10 KB, 251x251
>>45708207
>Pyongyang also warns of "grave consequences" if Washington refuses to cooperate in the investigation
>grave consequences
>consequences
>grave
>mfw
>>
Consequences will never be the same.
>>
Can we please _STOP_ spreading news about this bullshit?
>>
North korea wants US to treat them like a political powerhouse.

So ofcourse US is just gonna ignore this "offer to help" because lets face it, korea is irrelevant.
>>
>>45708646
Sure they do. Its for the lulz.
>>
>>45708339
>1990s
>stone age

wut
>>
>>45708734
this
>>
We don't know any details for the moment being, yes? So far we have only speculations.
I think that USA did it to force another ACTA/SOPA/PIPA/TPP-like shit.
1. Create "cyber terrorists"
2. Claim to fight them
3. ???
4. Profit from new laws you designed to make you even more powerful.
>>
>>45709295
21st century murrica
>>
>>45708207
Why are their hats so big?
>>
>>45708207
God, we need to just glass sheet this fucking shithole. Who cares if Seoul takes some shelling during the purification process, hopefully it'll mean less samshit for a couple years. It's time rogue states need to learn that joining the nuclear club doesn't give you immunity, it makes you a massive target if you can't back your shit up. (Hint Iran and Pakistan)
>>
So who of you people hacked it? I'm pretty sure it was somebody from here.
>>
>>45708362
If the NSA weren't given so much flak for protecting our freedoms, this never would have happened. This congressional oversight talk has to end. Now. For our freedom.
>>
>>45708528
The public is going to say, WHY AREN'T THEY RUNNING SOMETHING SECURE THAT WE HAVE HEARD OF, LIKE IOS or INTEL INSIDE!???
>>
>NSA hacks sony
>Blames evil commies
See, this is why the NSA needs to save all your e-mails goyim!
>>
>>45709627
Nice try, officer. Go back to /b/ asking for kiddie diddling webms pls.
>>
I have a strong suspicion that 4chan is NSA and they're having a lot of fun from people talking about how awesome they are and not even knowing they're here. Think about it, for an organization like NSA anonymous, international imageboard with people talking about various things would be an ideal place.
>>
bump
>>
>>45708351
How did sony piss them off?
>>
>>45708207
>"If the North Korean government wants to help, they can admit their culpability and compensate Sony for the damages this attack caused."

What is With America and wanting to punish people over accusations without investigating them? Ferguson, Zimmerman, The LaCross Gang Rapists. all ended up being not guilty, the LaCross 'rapists' were even declared innocent, the first time this has happened in any court case or investigation I've ever heard of, but people still wanted them castrated and demanded they admit what they did.
>>
>>45708336
Yeah, who needs evidence, they have been accused by the same people who told us about the WMDs in Iraq, we went to war over that without any proof so why change anything now?
>>
>>45710081
They made a comedy in which the leader of NK would be assassinated.
>>
>>45710607
stop it faggot
i almost cried thinking of kurisu
Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.