[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
When will iPhone stop being popular? Every year when this hyper-capitalistic
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 9
File: gay_pile.gif (449 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
gay_pile.gif
449 KB, 320x240
When will iPhone stop being popular?
Every year when this hyper-capitalistic time we call "Christmas" comes, iPhone market share goes up. Why do normalfags still consider this device with inferior hardware consider worth buying?

Pic related, apple design team
>>
>>45707329
>inferior hardware
The only hardware inferior on the iPhone is less RAM, which doesn't matter because iOS is much more efficient at using RAM than Android is. The problem with iPhones is that iOS is shit.
>>
Are you an Android phone user? Do you remember what it was like when there weren't many apps for the platform? Do you agree with how infuriating it is to see developers make apps for iOS and totally ignore pleas from users like yourself to port it? Do you hate Apple fanboys/girls? How they and the media always talk like the iPhone is the only smartphone that exists, or that matters? How they're utterly clueless about how to function outside the iOS ecosystem but insist that they're whizzes because they know all of Apple's "intuitive" (read: not really intuitive at all) use paradigms? How the media always leaves off better-performing Android phones in reviews and comparisons for iPhones, while ALWAYS mentioning the iPhone in Android phone reviews (in order to point out how it's superior)? How those reviews are always clearly graded on some weird scale so that the top Android phones and tablets never, ever get better scores than iPhones and iPads? And how major tech innovations are ignored until they show up on iDevices, at which point they're hailed as a breakthrough that will change everything? And, knowing all of this, don't you hate how the aforementioned fanboys and media refuse to acknowledge that these things are true, even when all it does is bring the conversation about mobile devices back to reality, instead of a weird LaLaLand where Apple's products are perfect and unassailable even when you can do things like bend them in half?

Congratulations, you understand white privilege. Owning an iPhone makes people feel like (or reaffirms their feelings towards) being white.
>>
>>45707329
Because literal children can use it

>>45707366
>no multitasking
What's the point of efficient RAM if it's not being used properly?
>>
File: android lag.gif (3 MB, 366x320) Image search: [Google]
android lag.gif
3 MB, 366x320
Because it looks cool, it just works, and you don't even have to think about how expensive it is when you're paying off the subsidy in monthly installments that all but the most destitute of people will be able to afford.

Plus, you don't have to deal with shitty samshit bloatware.
>>
>>45707397
Because most people don't have a need to multitask on a phone.
>oh let me just open up this youtube video and reply to this email
>>
>inferior hardware
lel
>>
>>45707408
You mean to tell me that you DON'T play music on your iPhone whilst sticking it up your anus?
>>
>>45707387
Tumblr pls
>>
>>45707387
You know, it just hit me that someone truly believes this enough to have spent a long time writing this internalized victim complex-drenched pile of shit.

I'm so done.
>>
>>45707402
>android
>not touchjizz
>>
>only iphone
This whole mobile phone fad needs to end. We're fucked as a society because we need our mobile goddamn internet and communications everywhere to pretend like we're socializing instead of really doing it.

And being monitored by the government.

>BUT DEH MONITOR U AT HOME
Not your every fucking step and ability to create false associations by location to fuck you over.
>>
>>45707427
That's not multitasking. That's running things in the background.
>>
>>45707442
oh and
>LOL TINFOIL
Every thread someone comes up with this shit. It's almost like all the NSA leaks that PROVED THIS SHIT HAPPENS are ignored by you dumb kids.
>>
>>45707329
>inferior hardware
>>
>>45707408
>not being able to watch youtube and write emails at the same time
Windows mustard race

But I bet Apple will just make you buy two phones and call it their innovative iTaskMaster technology
>>
>>45707402
>2014
>representing an entire OS with an almost 3 year old phone
>>
When will the smartphone fad be over?

When are we getting laptops with 4K resolutions and 1-week battery life?
I know so many people who don't even own a real computer, just their smartphone, maybe because they can't afford anything else but their monthly bill?
I just don't understand it.
>>
>>45707474
Why are you comparing a mobile operating system to a desktop operating system? If you want to bring Windows into this then OS X lets you write emails and watch youtube videos at the same time.
>>
>>45707495
Obvious bait
>>
>>45707490
Never, probably. I only just got my first smartphone recently. It's too damn convenient. I'd rather have something in the same size with a slide-out keyboard, tiny trackpoint, and running Win7, while retaining the capability to make calls, but it'll never happen.
>>
>>45707428
>>45707430
I love replies like these. They let me know I'm onto something. Too hard to rebut but hitting too close to the mark to ignore.
>>
File: image.jpg (12 KB, 165x200) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
12 KB, 165x200
>hurr muh evil capitalism
>lol fag sheeps
>I'm so enlightened
>South Park image ebin XD

Kill yourself fedora neckbeard
>>
>>45707515
>smartphone
>convenient
There's absolutely nothing convenient about a smartphone unless the only things you do are send texts and make calls.

Everything takes so much longer to do on a smartphone than on a real computer.
>>
>>45707550
Not really dumbass, and computers don't fit in my pocket and get cell reception and speedy data.

>he spends all of his time in the basement
>thinks he's qualified to speak about technology for people who actually do stuff
>>
>>45707442
>pretend like we're socializing instead of really doing it.
Just because you're an autist doesn't mean everyone is. Most people use it to actually socialize with friends.
>>
It's a fact.
In 2014 if you prefer to be tied down with a laptop, or god forbid, a desktop, instead of a much more extensible and portable smartphone, then you have no social life, and most probably have never held a job in your life.
>>
>>45707550
Either this is bait or you have defended this argument on an anonymous image board for so long that you have lost touch with reality.
>>
I just want a flip phone that has all smart phone features except not shitty touchscreen buttons. I hate how this gimmicky shit is acceptable.
>>
Can we just get a phone board to keep all idiotic phone discussion off of /g/?

None of it even relates to technology anyway, it's all dickwaving over specs and mindless one-upsmanship with apple.
>>
>>45707633
>I'm so old school guys give me real buttons not touchscreen shit ;)

Good luck browsing the Internet or literally doing fucking anything besides dialing a number. And if you have buttons and a touchscreen enjoy all of your precious space taken up for something that you only use for short entry occasionally.

>gimmicky

God some of you fucking retard losers on /g/ infuriate the fuck out of me. I'm so glad you fucking spergs don't get to design phones.
>>
File: iphone4_8gb_black_2[1].jpg (99 KB, 1080x800) Image search: [Google]
iphone4_8gb_black_2[1].jpg
99 KB, 1080x800
>>45707387
10/8
The only flaw in your argument is pic related :^)
>>
>>45707654
>Can we just get a FOSS board to keep all idiotic linux discussion off of /g/?
>None of it even relates to technology anyway, it's all dickwaving over ricing and mindless one-upsmanship with gentoo
>>
>>45707685
>they have different opinions and feel that some features are useless for them
>ggrrrr you make me mad
Kill yourself with that anger then if you're too dense to realize some people find touchscreens unessential .
>>
>>45707747
Literally in the same group of people who called the mouse gimmicky
>>
>>45707718
Remember when everyone lost their shit that a white iPhone was FINALLY coming out?
>>
>>45707747
>I like making things harder on myself because I'm an old bitch who's unwilling to change
>I also secretly think that it's really cool and edgy to hate on clearly superior newer tech in favor of difficult and archaic old tech

Good luck browsing with that numpad fuckhead
>>
>>45707784
Mice are gimmicky.
>>
>>45707387
>implying privilege is a bad thing
>>
>>45707811
No.
I'm sure it happened, I just don't really follow iPhone news.
Maybe you could connect this to Hernán Cortés and the myth of Quetzalcoatl. White thing gaining a mythical status for no other reason that being new and scarce.
>>
>>45707519

Moshi moshi!
Baitu-desu
>>
>>45707960
Dude what's "ba-ee-tsu"?

>>45707943
That would be very interesting and I'd love to see you explicate.

>>45707828
It is when it allows people to ignore reality without any social consequences. If someone says that iPhones have faster processors than other phones, you should be able to slap them. Same for white people.
>>
>>45708494
iPhone processor kicks Qualcomm ass in single core performance you dumbass nigger.
>>
File: N900_xterm[1].jpg (3 MB, 3486x2454) Image search: [Google]
N900_xterm[1].jpg
3 MB, 3486x2454
>>45707633
hey I second that. Look at this motherfucker on my pic.

All I want from my phone to be like a pocket computer. I don't feel that on android for some reason.
>>
>>45708613
>How the media always leaves off better-performing Android phones in reviews and comparisons for iPhones

Captcha: erydy
>>
>>45707960
moshi moshi baitu-san, hisashiburi, genki desu ka?
>>
>>45708685
Haaaaai, genki desu~. Omae no chinpo wo shaburu shite itte mo ii desu kaaaa? Onaka ga suita, seieki wo motto nametai ne.
>>
>>45708613
>single core performance
Well if you're too cool for the whole multitasking thing I can see why this might be considered important.
>>
>>45708799
>>45708685
watashi wa kono boudo wa tekunoroji to omoimashita,fucking weaboos.
>>
File: EWF Group shot.jpg (30 KB, 404x166) Image search: [Google]
EWF Group shot.jpg
30 KB, 404x166
>>45708903
>Two was
>>
>>45708924
sorry, wanted to say 'ga'.
>>
>>45708935
could have also omitted the watashi wa, anyway just wanted to get at the idiot who wrote baitu
>>
The phone is for two people:
- Teenage girls
- Old people

Unfortunately teenage girls drive the phone market and old people just like it because it functions as a phone.

The only way to kill the hype is to make something teenage girls will like.
>>
File: Screenshot_2014-12-20-17-2.jpg (992 KB, 2560x1440) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2014-12-20-17-2.jpg
992 KB, 2560x1440
>>45707397
that feel when clover doesn't window
>>
>>45708650
Nope. The 805 gets It shit pushed in when it comes to single core. You're a fucking dumbass.

>>45708809
>multi threading on a phone

Most tasks are single threaded.
>>
>>45709026
>Still shilling single core
>>
File: image.jpg (160 KB, 1280x1280) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
160 KB, 1280x1280
>>45709046
>probably uses amd
>thinks it's better cause muh cores and muh ghz
>>
>>45709076
Linux kernel scales tasks to cores
>>
>>45708494
>muh cores
>muh jiggajertz
When people say that Intel processors are better than AMD processors you should be able to slap them.
>>
>>45709222
>muh cores
>muh jiggagerz
>intel is shit

this is literaly amd, so just please kill yourself
>>
>>45707550
>can access tickets, client notes, in/out board, all emails, and google for issues I can't solve when on-site
yeah, no
>>
>>45707442
>We're fucked as a society because we need our mobile goddamn internet and communications everywhere to pretend like we're socializing instead of really doing it.

Maybe I just see the grass as being greener on the other side, but all of the most socially well adjusted normalfags that I know love mobilefaggotry and social media. If anything, I'd say I, the guy who doesn't like/use social media very much, is ruining society more than them.
>>
>>45708641
I'm thinking of getting a new phone, and was considering getting one of those or some kind of Android device (probably Samshit). What do you think of the N900?
>>
File: 1412264355050.webm (478 KB, 202x360) Image search: [Google]
1412264355050.webm
478 KB, 202x360
>>45707402
Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.