[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
OSX is king
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 10
>>
>0 followers
>>
File: ipho-it-prints-money.jpg (124 KB, 425x261) Image search: [Google]
ipho-it-prints-money.jpg
124 KB, 425x261
>>45641087
OSX is alright. Almost any UNIX-based OS is solid. Not a fan of iOS though.
>>
Why is OSX so fucking gorgeous?
>>
Literally the worst part of a mac.
>>
is there a way to make the green traffic light in Yosemite MAXIMIZE instead of the default FULLSCREEN+NEW WORKSPACE?
>>
>that intuitive method for adding special characters
>❤️
>>
I liked 10.6 the best, the OS just went to shit with it's later versions.

They added all that social and iOS bullshit to a solid, nice looking OS.
>>
>>45641443
Hold alt + click it
Although this will only enlarge the window to a size that allows everything in the window to fit on the screen for most programs, not a true maximize

On a side note, OP, how did you get upload/download speeds in your top bar?

Got my Macbook around a month ago and I love it. Using a UNIX machine for programming is brilliant, could never get into Linux because I found myself spending most of my time searching for drivers and trying to get things to work instead of being productive. OS X is a good in-between.
>>
>>45641143
>OS X is alright
>Almost any UNIX based OS is soild
>dont like iOS
iOS is also OSX, just a very stripped down version of it.
>>
File: 1416358135599.jpg (69 KB, 467x599) Image search: [Google]
1416358135599.jpg
69 KB, 467x599
>Pages gets colored toolbar icons
>Finder only gets greyscale sidebar icons

Rediculous
>>
>>45641497
istatmenus
>>
>>45641527
>liking disgusting colors
woah
>>
>>45641087
Yosemite is a piece of shit with no character.
>>
>>45641087
It's unfortunate your parents think so little of you that they bought you a computer for people that don't know how to use a computer. When you move out you can buy a Thinkpad.
>>
>>45641543
It's more about
>le epic apple is king of keeping shit standard within their UI
>devs monkeyhanding keyboards with no coordination making the OS look like some Linux hodgepodge
Great OS iDiots.
>>
File: 1418624837845.jpg (84 KB, 500x638) Image search: [Google]
1418624837845.jpg
84 KB, 500x638
>>45641497
thanks m8y
>>
>>45641497

There is no Alt Key on a Mac silly
>>
File: 1406132012553.jpg (9 KB, 222x216) Image search: [Google]
1406132012553.jpg
9 KB, 222x216
>>45641589
i already have a T540p and i got the rMBP for free through uni
>>
>>45641650
>for free
>through uni
so you're paying another 2 grand on your tuition
>free
>>
>>45641589
this
>>
Why is OS X so based?
>>
>>45641631
lol her nose is so fucking bulbous
>>
>>45641660
>implying he's paying for it
>>
>>45641650
what uni?
>>
File: 94a.png (831 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
94a.png
831 KB, 800x600
>>45641674
>>
>>45641087
Haven't used a mac for a couple of years. Does it still not maximize browser windows all the way?

Does it still run hot and loud?

Does it still not give me the ability to type my searches into the url field in the browser as default?

Does it still look the same, meaning does it make me look the same as other mac users. IE coffeeshop dwelling teenyboppers from the upper middle class?
>>
>>45641713
>outrageous chest/leg ratio
top kek
>>
>>45641660
I don't think someone here knows how tuition and college works...
>>
>>45641650
So, your university bought you a computer meant for grandmas sharing recipes on facebook? You're not helping your case.
>>
>>45641729
>Haven't used a mac for a couple of years. Does it still not maximize browser windows all the way?

Kinda. Now it fullscreens programs unless you alt-click the maximise button.

>Does it still run hot and loud?

Not really. The opposite, even, for the rMBP. It reaches 90C before the fans will even whir, and they're only noticable once the cores have reached 93C-95C, then the fan kind of steps up much higher per degree. I only felt the heat just above the processor when i was testing this (cpu stress)

>Does it still not give me the ability to type my searches into the url field in the browser as default?

You can do that now. Not sure for how long, i started on Yosemite.

>Does it still look the same, meaning does it make me look the same as other mac users. IE coffeeshop dwelling teenyboppers from the upper middle class?

Eh, the Yosemite UI is vastly different. There's a dark mode now.
>>
>>45641729
>Does it still not maximize browser windows all the way?
Somewhat. You can full screen it. I don't maximize anyway because I'm still used to a cluttered Winfag desktop.

>Does it still run hot and loud?
Only when you have it on bed sheets or something. If you give it good airflow and don't be a douche, it's alright.

>Does it still not give me the ability to type my searches into the url field in the browser as default?
>not downloading Chrome when you first get the machine

>Does it still look the same, meaning does it make me look the same as other mac users. IE coffeeshop dwelling teenyboppers from the upper middle class?
Yep. That's why you rice with tech stickers. But, then again, you blend in perfectly in those scenarios so no one really gives a fuck. The only time someone gives a fuck is when you bring a red LED Alienware into the shop and hear its three fans doing overtime to keep up with a bad overclock.
>>
>>45641828
>Not really. The opposite, even, for the rMBP. It reaches 90C before the fans will even whir, and they're only noticable once the cores have reached 93C-95C, then the fan kind of steps up much higher per degree. I only felt the heat just above the processor when i was testing this (cpu stress)
>fans being quiet is more important that having your laptop not melt
Sugoi.
>>
>>45641567
At least it looks different.
Leopard through Mavericks arr rook same.
>>
>>45641898
It's quite easy to change the behaviour and the max i've seen the temps go is 98C and that's on a blanket at 100% CPU usage for a few minutes. The thermal limit is almost 10C above that so it's all good.
>>
>>
My only major complaint about OS X is that boot2docker is failtastic and totally not ready or capable for production. I end up doing all of Docker testing in Linux VMs instead.

That being said, it's getting harder and harder to want to use Windows for anything other than games.
>>
>>45642050
>Firefox
At least you got the proper 15" model.
>>
>>45642117
Here's one with glorious master race, Safari.
>>
I just got myself a 2014 base model Mac Mini.
Did i goof?
>>
File: petergreen.jpg (59 KB, 425x374) Image search: [Google]
petergreen.jpg
59 KB, 425x374
>>45642270
Only if you wanted portability. But then again you can what this guy did...pic related.
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.