[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /g/, we always talk about headphones but almost never about
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 6
File: akg-k375.jpg (71 KB, 1000x752) Image search: [Google]
akg-k375.jpg
71 KB, 1000x752
Hey /g/,

we always talk about headphones but almost never about earphones.
Is there anything decent you guys can recommend for a budget of around 100 bucks??
I was thinking of getting pic related but I'm not quite sure.
>>
my cousing bought em and they sound pretty fine.
>>
There's better.
>>
>>45602742
i have them and think they're great. comfy and sound excellent. what more could you want?
>>
Personally I'd never spend that much on earbuds. I take mine with me everywhere and they tend to break after a year or 2.
Right now I have a $15 pair of skullcandys and they're great
>>
>100 dollars
>earphones
>OP likes dicks
>>
File: BluebudX.jpg (33 KB, 1000x550) Image search: [Google]
BluebudX.jpg
33 KB, 1000x550
These are the only earphones you'll ever want to use
>>
SHURE SE215
Look them up.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B004PNZFZ8/ref=redir_mdp_mobile/189-5951646-5538938

I own them and now never want another pair of earbuds.
>>
File: image.jpg (22 KB, 322x350) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
22 KB, 322x350
>>45602742
Opinions on the soundmagic e10?

I'm gonna grab them tonight.
>>
>>45605350

do you use any amp with them? what's your source and how do they sound overall
>>
>>45605364
Bump
>>
>>45605307
Im too poor for fancy shit like that
>>
>>45605364
they're decent for the price, I like them
>>
>>45605364
They're fantastic for the price. I like mine.
I've heard good things about the E30 too.
>>
I'm looking at a pair of these right now.
Thoughts?
>>
Xiaomi Pistons v2

/thread
>>
>>45605798
Read some reviews. Cheap as chips (make sure you get genuine though as there are lots of fakes).

http://www.head-fi.org/products/xiaomi-pistons-2-0-mk301
>>
>>45605364
They're amazing for the price, I love mine.
>>
>>45605714
I have those. Relatively affordable for what you get. Isn't as bassy as the packaging might suggest, nor are as detailed as I would want them to be, but they are ok. For 30-40 bucks, you can't go wrong.
>>
File: image.jpg (52 KB, 539x539) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
52 KB, 539x539
>>45605901
>>
>>45605714
Cheap horse shit compared to soundmagic's E10s.
>>
>>45605714
I had a pair a couple of years ago and they weren't anything special from what I remember; decent.
>>
Go with Tweaked Audio. $30 Parcour buds with in-line Mic and a one year warranty. Best buds I've ever used.
>>
>>45606020
colt pls.
>>
Past 2 years I've bought like 6 different earphones, all of them fucking stopped working by themselves.
>>
>>45605798
I've had some Pistons for two months now. I use them every day. I love them.
>>
>>45605798
Cable on mine broke, really liked them but that was pretty disappointing after only a couple of weeks of use.
>>
>>45605364
The sound is good, but I've personally had some problems with the comfort and getting them to stay in the ear. The included tips were either too big so they popped out, or too small so they fell out. I also lost two of the tips just from pulling the earphones out of my pocket within a few months of use.
>>
This appears to be the headphone thread now...

Any recommendations on a set of bluetooth headphones for working out that will stay in your ear? I have some doubts over jaybird''s system...it looks kinda janky

They're going to be for workouts so they don't have to sound amazing, my primary concern is working distance from my phone and staying on my head
>>
>>45606226
Can you tell me more? I am planning on buying them because my current earphones feel like shit in my ear.

Also are these fakes?
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/SoundMAGIC-E10-Noise-Isolating-In-Ear-Earphones-Black-Red-by-SoundMAGIC/1878786361.html?currencyType=GBP&af=ppc&isdl=y&src=Google&albch=Google&aff_short_key=6vYvMRFf&gclid=CNXiwL-7w8ICFQEGwwodXFoA-A
>>
>>45606463
Raisins
>>
>>45606463
They're not really bad or anything and I still use them, I think it's just that they didn't fit me perfectly. The larger tips became uncomfortable because they were too large and with the smaller tips I would start to feel the edges of the plastic housing (or whatever you call it) which is fairly large and not exactly ergonomically shaped. And I lost tips from the two best pairs because they quickly became very loose.

It's more of an issue with the tips really, but I don't know if you can buy third-party replacements that work. I tried tips from other earphones I had and they didn't fit on the E10s.
>>
what is the best earbuds for rock music? My current ones play load music as if they are low quality mp2 files...
>>
>>45606800
Raisins
>>
>>45602742
I have them OP (actually they're the K376 but they're the same, just one is Android-compatible and the other is iOS). I like them a lot, use them on my daily commute. They're comfy, the cord is good quality, and the sound is rich albeit a bit colored for my taste.
>>
File: Colt_Angry-2emiw5g-300x200.jpg (19 KB, 300x200) Image search: [Google]
Colt_Angry-2emiw5g-300x200.jpg
19 KB, 300x200
>>45606025
SUPPORT THE PODCAST YOU FUCKS
>>
>>45606053
Not had issues yet but I don't really use them every day. I read others had the same issue. Hopefully they will make a v3 with better build quality. But thus far I have not broken mine after several months.
>>
why do some people prefer those shitty thin flappy rubber 'buds' over the proper supple memory foamy stuff that seals out all the outside noise?

also what's the best replacement for those to get on amazon. i've got two pairs of JVC Marshmallow's with no fucking foamy things and it's pissing me off.
>>
I just check out whatever's on groupon or woot and buy whatever's less than $20 but seems good. I'm waiting for these wooden JLab earphones i bought from groupon (took them like 3 weeks to go from processing to shipped) and i'm using the headphones that came with my HTC One for now
>>
>>45607243
I just got the cheapo knock offs and they work fine for me. Fuck paying £15 for a pair of Comply's
>>
>>45607421

i can't seem to find any of the knockoffs that look as good as the stock foamies and i'm not using those shit tier non-foam silicone junky ass pieces of shit.

i'm turning the house upside down for something to core out some earplugs that are ideal. once i find such a small sharp tube i'm good to go.
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.