[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How would you send an untraceable, anonymous text message?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2
File: 1388407178503.gif (1001 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1388407178503.gif
1001 KB, 500x500
How would you send an untraceable, anonymous text message?
>>
I wouldn't. Because I'm not a wannabe spy.
>>
Two styrofoam cups connected via string.
>>
>>45596434
I once had some stupid messages I sent through clamtxt checked out by the police. Turns out they link to closed Google accounts and not much can be done or some shit.
>>
>>45596434
Buy prepaid phone with cash.
Keep battery out of phone except when sending messages.
Send texts only in public areas where phones/texting is very common.
>>
>>45596434
Hack into someone else's phone to send the message from
>>
>>45596434
sent ;)
>>
Use Pinger website over TOR.

>>45596511
traceable as fuck
>>
>>45596434
suicide pact, transmit message in person in the afterlife.

~`~ two spooky ~`~
>>
Anything that has passed over American data trunk lines since 2003 has been traceable. The NSA has been freely sharing this data with domestic law enforcement agencies since at least 2007.
>>
Carrier pidgeon
>>
>>45596434
http://www.digitaltrends.com/mobile/how-to-send-free-text-messages-online/
Create a disposable email account and follow the instructions. I once did this to a friend who was boasting about a road rage incident on facebook. Basically pretended to have hunted him down and spammed him with the Navy Seal copy-pasta. Idiot thought it was real and things got really out of hand.
>>
>>45597171
Also do this from a public network just to be safe.
>>
Spoof GSM tower

Get other phones to do it FOR YOU
>>
>>45596434
>anonymous
>untraceable
Doesn't one imply the other? If a message is truly anonymous, what is there to trace?
>>
Use wickr
>>
>>45597233
Anonymity is a little more loose than untraceability, I think

4chan is anonymous in that no ordinary user can trace any other use, but it is not untraceable in that the FBI could demand moot to release his IP logs
>>
>>45596434
what kind of message? sms? paper? call ? email?
>>
I wouldn't because it isn't possible anymore.
>>
>>45597049
>tor

I lol'ed.
If that's all your using, it's very well traceble.
>>
>>45597410

explain, oh shitposting one.
>>
>>45597049
>traceable as fuck
How? You've got a phone that has no identity attached to it, being used in public so camera footage is useless, with a physical disconnect from power when the phone isn't in use to prevent tracking.

The only thing a pursuer would get is the trail of locations you use, but what are they going to do? Park agents at every mall, walmart, and drive-through screening everyone who looks down at their phone?
>>
You're able to send most phones text messages through email. Your provider probably gave you something like [email protected]
You send an email to that address through some sort of proxy or something if you don't want to be traced.
>>
>>45596511
this is the correct answer
>>
>>45597423
Do you understand how it works?

Onion routing worked well in the 2000's, but not really now. Literally, the old "use 7 proxies" thing is right. Then again, you could always go through it twice.
>>
File: 1415324227703.jpg (11 KB, 273x200) Image search: [Google]
1415324227703.jpg
11 KB, 273x200
Fucking newfags, every mobile phone number is also an email address. Create a new email through tor - you'll need to know the carrier or the target.

Verizon: [email protected]
AT&T: [email protected]
Former AT&T customers: [email protected]
Sprint: [email protected]
T-Mobile: [email protected]
Nextel: [email protected]
Cingular: [email protected]
Virgin Mobile: [email protected]
Alltel: [email protected] OR
[email protected]
CellularOne: [email protected]
Omnipoint: [email protected]
Qwest: [email protected]
Telus: [email protected]
Rogers Wireless: [email protected]
Fido: [email protected]
Bell Mobility: [email protected]
Koodo Mobile: [email protected]
MTS: [email protected]
President's Choice: [email protected]
Sasktel: [email protected]
Solo: [email protected]
>>
>>45597454
Follow up question. I installed raspbian on my raspberry pi but the "mail" command doesn't work. Do I have to install something? I'm a unix new-fag and appreciate help.
>>
>>45597539
sudo rm -rf /;mail
>>
>>45597572
nice meme yo, you should: sudo rm yourLife
now for cereal, what do guys?
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.