[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why does it keep getting worse and worse?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 6
File: firefox-logo.png (67 KB, 512x532) Image search: [Google]
firefox-logo.png
67 KB, 512x532
Why does it keep getting worse and worse?
>>
because you keep using it
>>
>>45548063
Just werks for me
>>
last update broke html5 to me. every time I try to play it crashes the browser
>>
Because of people more concerned with Fisher Price UIs and the feelings of gay people rather than a clean interface on top of good, functional code.
>>
Google pays for like 90% of their revenue. Make your own conclusions.
>>
>making yahoo the new default

It's like they want the ship to sink even faster.
>>
>>45548063
it....ain't?
>just werks
>>
Is there an equivalent to Palemoon for Linux and OS X? I know you can theme the default browser and add extensions, but I'd rather just get it without the bullshit.
>>
Because they are more concerned about politics than technology. Just like the FSF and GNU
>>
>chrome is a botnet
>firefox is more concerned with appeasing sjws and giving a shittier chrome experience at the expense of bloat
>ie is ie
>lol opera

What the hell do you guys actually use?
>>
>>45548297
Pale Moon has support for Linux, Android and for OS X, check their forums

>>45548063
I find Firefox great, I hope they release Hello soon on the stable build.
>>
>>45548063
It keeps getting better every month.

It works perfectly for me.

>>45548216
>whining about default settings
I could understand if it was something you couldn't change but whining about something you can change in 2 seconds is just laughable.

Besides, there is nothing wrong from moving away from Google and pursue new opportunities.
>>
>>45548297
Yeah, Palemoon.
>>
>>45548063
How?

Works fine on my machine.
>>
dragged their feet on multiprocess

wasted their talent and money on shit nobody's going to use (e.g. firefox os, firefox hello, firefox for android, xulrunner\prism, rust)
>>
I'm not from /g/ so can you please explain the 'chrome is a botnet' meme?
>>
>>45548941
Chrome doesn't support Gentoo, therefore we don't support chrome
>>
>>45549006
Does Gentoo support video games? I've always stayed away from linux because the 'you can't run vidya on it hurr'. Has that changed?
>>
>>45549052
Gentoo is literally only built for video games.
>>
>>45549052
I play video games every day on my linux machine via Steam and Humble Bundle packages.
>>
I'll ask here to save making a new thread.

I'm a faggot that uses chrome and I just restarted and now there's a little button my tab bar with my google account name.

I don't want this shit. Is this a real feature or have got a bad extension somewhere?
>>
>>45549103
Sounds nice, will give it a try.
>>
>>45549143
welcome
>>
I'm on 34 and it works fine for me on Ubuntu
>>
>>45549170

I figured as much. Time to change.

Is the normal Firefox good or should I be using one of the other branches?
>>
Most people using chrome will be part of my botnet in about a month or so.
>>
>>45549192

Palemoon if Windows.
>>
>>45549142
So there's laughably limited support at this point?
>>
How do o switch back to Google
>>
>>45549192
Just use stable. People telling you to use Nightly/Palemoon are the same people that come here every day whining that their Firefox is slow and/or has bugs when it works flawlessly otherwise.
>>
>>45549361
>palemoon
>cleanest ui with the most functional version of the code ever
>buggy
>>
I've been using Waterfox on my 64bit win7 garbage. Are the other branches any good?

I'd rather avoid chrome altogether, I love my adblock and security add on shieldwall too much, and lol botnet.
>>
>>45549214
you're a botnet
>>
Is all this bullshit because the SJWs forced out that one guy for being anti-gay?

Did they doom us to a shit-tier browser?
>>
My problem with pale moon is that youtube plays in fucking slow motion.
Firefox stable and IE11 works just fine.
>>
>>45549741
>yahoo buying tumblr
it all makes so much sense now
>>
>>45549778
>IE
Oh my fucking christ
>>
>>45548900
>mfw firefox for android is my default browser
>>
google "feature creep"
>>
>>45548063
because getting a chat in the browser is more important than fixing bugs
>>
Is 60fps stable on the developer version?
>>
>>45548063
it doesn't
>>
>>45549246
I play almost every game I want to play.

Currently I'm playing through Civ 5, Shadowrun Returns, and Borderlands 2, but I don't buy new AAA titles anyway because they are ubiquitously terrible.

I can't play Skyrim or Endless Legend yet, but I'll probably dual boot a Win8 drive at some point because I'd like to play them too. Or they might be ported before I give enough of a shit to actually install Windows.
>>
File: ilmao.png (195 KB, 1015x757) Image search: [Google]
ilmao.png
195 KB, 1015x757
>>
guugle shills sure are trying really hard to bury FF now that they got dumped.
>>
>>45548216
>>45548536
Pretty sure Google dumped Mozilla, not the other way around.
>>
File: 1365305607521.gif (2 MB, 175x175) Image search: [Google]
1365305607521.gif
2 MB, 175x175
>2015
>firefox
>>
>>45548439
K-meleon
>>
>>45549361
Palemoon is actually better than Firefox or the dev/nightly browsers.

But I'm not going to change Nightly for now.
>>
>>45551011
What does Palemoon do better than Stable? Sell me.

Also, does 64 bit actually offer enough performance boost to warrant non compatibility of certain addons?
>>
google funds them and want you to use chrome
>>
>>45548439
>lol opera
>what do you use?
Opera 12.15. There are a couple websites that don't support it, like Mega, but I can always just use IE for a brief moment.
>>
>>45551059
Addons works fine but plugins needs to be 64 bit.

The most common plugins already have 64 bit versions (ie. Flash) but there's some companies refusing to support 64 bit browsers like EA with the Battlefield 3/4 plugin.
>>
>>45550517
and it's working.
>>
>>45551059
>What does Palemoon do better than Stable? Sell me.

It actually starts instantly for me at my work's toaster unlike nightly in any of my 2013 or 2014 rigs. Also, no bloat and less new graphical features a week.

The 32bit version hasn't broke its greasemonkey extension, unlike older firefox versions or nightly builds that did broke the extension for me a couple of months ago, having terrible problems with auto-updates until I reinstalled Firefox all together just to run on the problem again, fortunately, this seems to be fixed after I updated to the 36 build.

I haven't tested the 64bit version of it, but I liked the 64bit version of Nightly while using 4chan. my Ivy-Bridge i3 laptop loads JSON index really fast even with no e10s. It's not even necessary to use e10s either way, as it sometimes crashes despite the good performance.

In my opinion, if you are fed up with your current browser, switching first to an stable browser like palemoon is a fine choice. I've got no problems with it, but it's true that my experience with the browser is almost nonexistent compared to nightly, the normal firefox or even chrome.
>>
How does Palemoon compare to Waterfox. I switched from Chrome to Waterfox and its been fine except for the memory leaks resulting in crashes.
>>
>>45548063
I'm still using 28.

Fuck Australis.
>>
>>45548063
because im using palemoon
>>
>>45551384
>but it's true that my experience with the browser is almost nonexistent compared to nightly, the normal firefox or even chrome.
i bet once your usage with palemoon catches up you will change your mind

>>45551470
>doesnt know there's an extension for this
>6 versions behind stable
how are the botnets treating you?
>>
File: mb.jpg (6 KB, 282x179) Image search: [Google]
mb.jpg
6 KB, 282x179
>>45548063
>Why does it keep getting worse and worse?

Woman in charge...
>>
File: perfectiond.png (44 KB, 1880x43) Image search: [Google]
perfectiond.png
44 KB, 1880x43
>>45551539
>doesnt know there's an extension for this
I do. It just didn't undo all the AIDS at the time I tried it.
>>
>>45551632
>thinks thats perfection
>calling Australis aids over that shit
ayy anon you're funny
>>
>>45551539
>i bet once your usage with palemoon catches up you will change your mind

It will happen eventually, I mean, for the past 3 years I've been fixing shit with firefox/nightly, and even though most of them haven't been serious stuff, I have improved my small understanding of the browser. But at some point there's going to be something that will make me use palemoon exclusively, I bet.

>>45551632
>jdictionary

git gud.
>>
>>45551650
It works. Point is having everything in one line.

>>45551704
物忘れが激しい
Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.