[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Firefox vs Chromium
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 3
File: download (2).jpg (9 KB, 239x211) Image search: [Google]
download (2).jpg
9 KB, 239x211
Firefox vs Chromium
>>
>>45533492

chrome = botnet
>>
>>45533492
I don't like Internet Explorer
>>
Whichever you prefer
>>
>>45533508
>Chromium
>>
seamonkey motherfuckers
>>
use what you like
jesus christ
>>
I personally use Chromium (x64) because it has my favourite extensions: µMatrix, µBlock, Chameleon and Https everywhere.
>>
Chromium gives me bluescreens.
>>
posting first, before the firefox users can load the page. they'll be here in a half hour or so, depending on if it crashes or if they're also trying to load amazon in another tab.

seriously, the only reason i'm using chrom(e|ium) is because firefox is so fucking slow. i have dozens of windows with dozens of tabs in each... in firefox, this cripples every page. fine in chrom(e|ium).

i'd sooner be rid of the creepy google bullshit though. if only firefox ran better.
>>
>>45534007
Sorry to disapoint, I'm a firefox user and was second. I have 47 tabs open.
>>
I have both, I'm starting to use firefox more now since I have more RAM
Chromium works pretty good, but it crashes to me sometimes
Both are good
>>
>>45534043
on my desktop and laptop, both very capable machines, it's slow as fucking molasses. i'm not questioning that you have it running fine, but i just don't understand why it can't perform like that for everyone. i did nothing else but install stock firefox, add adblock, and browse... but if i opened more than a dozen tabs, the browser would freeze up every time it started loading shit, and crash at least once a day.

why is it that sensitive? i don't do anything unusual with my machines other than maybe development shit, and they're in excellent health.
>>
>>45534007
>i'd sooner be rid of the creepy google bullshit though
You can, install µMatrix (better be using µBlock already, faggot), go to options, then click on the matrix to have access to Chrom*'s behind-the-scenes requests.
>>
>>45534114 (cont.)
Disable some flags as well (asynchrnous DNS, for instance), and go to Chrom*'s options and disable everything under the privacy tab.
>>
firecocks because i need muh sidebar.
>>
File: 2014.12.08_19-35-12.png (558 KB, 2274x1978) Image search: [Google]
2014.12.08_19-35-12.png
558 KB, 2274x1978
Safari.
>>
>>45534114
>>45534137
just saw µMatrix and µBlock now, thanks. was using Adblock before, but didn't like how you had to opt-out of their ad bullshit itself... so i guess, faggot confirmed here. I'll take a look at those.

I already unset everything in the settings that can leak that info, thankfully.
>>
I've had the least problems with Firefox regardless of OS or hardware. It also has the best extensions, and being able to customize the UI is quite nice.
>>
>>45534158
that looks like a first year design student's mockup of a browser UI
>>
>>45533492
firefox forever, ladies.
>>
>>45534293
how so?
>>
>>45534343
"hey i know what would be trendy, let's make the address bar (which commonly holds long strings of relevant data) short as fuck, and stick it in the middle of our top bar!"
"oh also, let's add some shitty generic filters and blending layers to everything in the title, remember, everything looks like glass now"
"oh also let's have everything monochrome except for the window control buttons which are so much more important than the content"
"oh also let's use nonstandard icons for everything so users have to figure out how smart i am at design in order to work this browser"
>>
>>45534158
µBlock is currently being ported to Safari. You can use it already if I remember correctly.
>>
>>45534411
You have issues.
>>
>>45534158
>that fonting
jesus
>>
can chromium's font be made readable, beyond the directwrite stuff? if so, i'd switch over in a heartbeat
>>
File: Tokyo.png (445 KB, 1217x1049) Image search: [Google]
Tokyo.png
445 KB, 1217x1049
>>45535255
Yes, get MacType and then disable directwrite. That's it. If you have a 1080p LCD monitor between 96-105ppi, I can give you my config, for optimal font.
>>
>>45535289
Please do. So does MacType only affect Chromium or does it also influence other programs as well? Sorry if that's a tard question, I've legitimately never heard of this software before
>>
>>45535362
It's not a program, it can either alter your registry or run as a service, I use the former.

Create *.ini file in C:\Program Files (x86)\MacType\ini and run mactray again to load that preset.

[General]
HintingMode=2
AntiAliasMode=2
NormalWeight=14
BoldWeight=-2
ItalicSlant=0
EnableKerning=0
GammaMode=0
LcdFilter=1
BolderMode=2
TextTuning=0
TextTuningR=10
TextTuningG=10
TextTuningB=10
GammaValue=0.9
Contrast=1.7
RenderWeight=2.2
Fontlink=1
HookChildProcesses=1
FontLoader=0
FontSubstitutes=0
Shadow=1,1,0,0x0,0,0x0
MaxBitmap=0
CacheMaxFaces=256
CacheMaxSizes=12554432
CacheMaxBytes=12108864
Name=Best
[UnloadDll]
explorer.exe
[exclude]
[FontSubstitutes]
[Individual]
[excludeSub]
>>
>>45535362
Oops, forgot to respond to all of your post. It influences every single program unless you add it to the blacklist. Personally, I've added explorer to the blacklist because it was causing me trouble, if you don't want to, it's at the end of the file.
>>
>>45535419
On second thought, I've just removed explorer.exe from the blacklist and all is well. You may remove it for superior font rendering.
>>
>>45534411
+1 for the fucking icons
>>
>>45534411
u fuckin' rekt him m8
>>
Firefox for better than Chromium browsing, Opera 12.16 for better than all browsing.
>>
>not using palemoon

the fuck is going on with the captchas?!!!
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.