[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is your favourite text editor, /g/?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 2
File: Sublime-VimBlackboard.png (639 KB, 2560x1440) Image search: [Google]
Sublime-VimBlackboard.png
639 KB, 2560x1440
What is your favourite text editor, /g/?
>>
codeblocks
>>
gentoo
>>
ed
>>
used to use sublime, then shifted to vim + plugins. never looking back.
>>
Sublime Text 3
>>
>>45503500
which plugins?
>>
>>45503487
The only real man in this thread
>>
>anything but vim
>>
I write it all by hand, then have my secretary or an intern type it all at the end of each week.
>>
>>45503460
microsoft word
>>
>>45503460
Microsoft notepad
>>
>>45503506
Pathogen
Auto-pairs
nerdcommenter
numbers.vim
scratch.vim
syntastic
airline/buffereline
easy-align
fugitive
multiple-cursors
vim-session
vim-snipmate
vim-snippets
YUNOcommit.vim

and their dependencies. Also just install the vim-colors plugin and you'll have more color schemes than you'll know what to do with. its great!

The best part is that you can scp this to any servers you work on and you have your environment anywhere you go!
>>
>>45503594
>>45503595
>concurrent Micro$hilling

You can tell that you use Microsoft Word because you didn't capitalize Microsoft. You're not using IE either, which is a shame.
>>
>>45503594
>>45503614
The depressing thing is I saw someone at a programming competition today coding in MS word.

It was painful.to watch
>>
>>45503634
I didn't know you could write code in MS. Why would they do that? Spell check would underline everything.
>>
>>45503634
great syntax highlighting ok, just need to manually colour each word but np.
>>
>>45503601
I keep wanting to go to just vim from sublime, but sublime already has vim mode and is customizable as fuck, so I'd just have to spend time customizing everything to get the functionality back. What made you change? How could it possibly be worth it?
>>
>>45503460
what is that glorious colour shceme?
>>
microsoft word
>>
>>45503634
Andrew Ng (extremely influential machine learning guy that founded coursera) uses word in a class to write some code. I don't even knw what to believe after I saw it
>>
>>45503460
Get on yosemite + st3 dude
>>
File: 1939993.gif (397 KB, 500x250) Image search: [Google]
1939993.gif
397 KB, 500x250
>>45503668
No idea, pulled that off Google.
I personally use Sunburst.
>>
>>45503668
Nevermind, googled it for you.
https://sublime .wbond .net/ packages/Theme%20-%20Vim%20Blackboard
>>
>>45503601
I think a lot of those are included in Janus which is a pretty nice package
https://github.com/carlhuda/janus
>>
mousepad
>>
>>45503614
Saying the name of a product you don't like while answering a question does not make it a shill, autist.
Also, there are other uses for text editors than coding.
Fuck you and everyone with your mindset.
>>
>>45503460
> Not using pen and paper

kek
>>
>>45503460
vim... But only when showing off on /g/.

Brackets.
>>
emacs for lisp because paredit and slime.
vim for everything else.
>>
Sublime and vim
>>
>>45503471
works good but can't deny the environment is sooo dull and boring.
>>
>>45503460
vim

>>45503487
if I was blind, I would choose this one

also, is there blind programmers?
>>
>>45506949
>also, is there blind programmers?

Probably. I remember seeing a video of a guy with a technique for writing code with voice comands, shit was weird as fuck but cool
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.