[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does his suit run the linux kernel? Discuss
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 2
Does his suit run the linux kernel?
Discuss
>>
>>45445048
No.

>>>/tv/
>>
>>45445048
No, He can afford Apple unlike you.
Probably Jobs and Cock suck his dick to use Apple.
>>
its probably an embedded OS of his own design so he can get the top efficiency for all his custom hardware
same goes for his talking computer AI and his phone and his graphics and projection software

id say the only thing of his that might run linux is the server to his website :^)
>>
>>45445063
Pretty sure this is more along the lines of technology.
>>
>>45445048
>literally uses askjeeves
>>
>>45445071
But Linux is the kernel.
>>
Can somebody please ask this from the audience at Comic Con and mention /g/?
>>
I think he would probably not use proprietary software, he's a cool guy.

He probably wrote his own software though. Including the kernel. I don't think he could find a Linux kernel with support of his computer magic.
>>
>>45446038
>and mention /g/
Moot nobody wants to advertise on your site because it's gross. Not because it's not popular enough.
>>
>>45446076
>I don't think he could find a Linux kernel with support of his computer magic.
Get a load of this guy
The only thing magic about that suit is the(ignoring the human aspect for now) power source and the tiny thrusters.
The control systems and HUD are perfectly possible.
>>
>>45446164
Yeah because he'd use your average intel/amd core.

Probably not given all the crazy face tracking and stuff. Would be slow. Not that I remember details about the movie but he analyses an entire train station (IIRC) after an explosion to determine where the explosion happened and tons of stupid shit. I don't remember exactly but I think he reconstructed the person exploding.

Magic.
>>
>>45446183
Massively parallel processing, like 3k cores in a system designed to use that.
>>
>>45446254
I'm just picturing Ironman plastered with Nvidia GPU's and miscellaneous advertising stickers. It's hilarious.

I'm not saying it's impossible, just really unlikely. Given how he did it in less than a minute he's probably beyond the Linux core limit already.
>>
>>45445048
Iron Man gets laid, so no it probably does not run Linux.
>>
>>45446304
maybe he just uses a huge botnet? i mean if he can build that suit he can prolly hack all the gibsons
>>
>>45445048
possible, though given the level of hardware control he'd probably get better efficiency and have an easier time writing his own.
>>
>>45445048
Some of his older suits during his "most wanted" comic series had KDE linux OS it showed up in his suit's visor. His newer suits is programmed with his own OS that consumes other OSes.
>>
>>45446518
this. He seems to have connection to JARVIS all the time, so it would be quite possible that the suit's CPU only controlls the mechanics, and all the data anylisys is performed by some mainframe or cluster back at Stark Tower.
>>
>>45446304
The thruster is actually ran buy the heat of Nvidia GPUs
>>
>>45446304
>>45446183
it's just like siri, delegating the computing to the main computer at home, that talks
>>
>>45447259
>it's not desktop/mobile
It's Linux!
>>
>>45446164
>ignoring the human aspect for now

Remember when the copyright thiefs tried that? Ended up mutilating people
>>
File: actuator.png (33 KB, 229x704) Image search: [Google]
actuator.png
33 KB, 229x704
>implying it wouldn't be some RTOS, or just run on bare microcontrollers for better reliability
>implying Stark isn't a part of the defense industry
>implying everybody there doesn't use Ada
>>
>>45445048
No, it runs on his own operative system that he made himself
>>
>>45446183
Not magic, will probably come with next update on Photoshop. (Have you seen the content aware shit!)
>>
>>45446426
Underrated toast
>>
You only call what you don't understand magic..
Technology will evolve to a point where everything you could possibly dream of, will become reality.
>>
>>45451734
i can dream of a world without technology
>>
>implying based Tony wouldnt code his own OS in a half an hour
>>
>>45445048

NoT :^)
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.