[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Laptop Evolution
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 9
File: laptop evolution.png (34 KB, 1385x554) Image search: [Google]
laptop evolution.png
34 KB, 1385x554
How will typical laptops look in the 2020s?
>>
Two tablet screens, kinda like a retina Nintendo DS.
>>
File: reaction chin puff astonished.jpg (131 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
reaction chin puff astonished.jpg
131 KB, 500x500
>>45438729

Not sure if that's awesome or my worst nightmare.
>>
Tablets and 2-in-1's are the future, i.e. Surface Pro 3. We just have to make non-shit keyboards for them, though the latest surface line has improved it quite a bit.

Desktop master-rigs will still be popular for the home.
>>
>>45438703
They will follow the leader.
>>
File: spurdo bait.png (36 KB, 651x429) Image search: [Google]
spurdo bait.png
36 KB, 651x429
>>45438769
>>
They probably won't look much different than now because we have reached good form factors.

They'll run quieter, cooler, more power efficient, longer battery life, and be more powerful and probably weigh less too. But you can't really get much thinner, because you don't want to. You don't want to literally get paper cuts off of your laptop.

Maybe everything will be done wirelessly and we won't need ports on laptops? That's the only thing I can come up with.
>>
File: laptap evolution.png (36 KB, 1385x554) Image search: [Google]
laptap evolution.png
36 KB, 1385x554
>>
File: why guy polish kid.jpg (96 KB, 502x635) Image search: [Google]
why guy polish kid.jpg
96 KB, 502x635
>1366x768
>>
>>45438769
Worst part is, you might be right
>>
>>45438791
lel
>>
>>45438769

>keyboards will become the next detached peripheral or I/O that will be sold separately

Just like ethernet ports and optical drives. It will become the norm.

Coming up next is hard drives. The cloud is real. Chromebooks are ahead of the times.
>>
>>45438830
>>45438769
sometimes i still cant believe that computers have gone so far in this direction
>>
>>45438797
Because having a bigger res on a tiny screen is stupid as most os don't scale well.
>>
>>45438830
Optical drives are no longer relevant in 2014.

And no the cloud is not real. People will want local offline storage and backups they can get access to whenever they want and without bottlenecked speeds.

Maybe when our internet infrastructure allows for >10Gb/s to be the norm, then the cloud might be feasible to take over. But that's not happening anytime in the near future.
>>
>>45438830
To be fair, though, optical media is barely used anymore. I pretty much use my optical drive for installing programs and burning DVDs for other people.
>>
>>45438879
>14-15" screen
>tiny
>>
>>45438703
STOP GETTING THINNER, i dont care if it breaks my back to carry the damn thing around, i want power, not looks, i cant stand how everyone thinks we need thinner and thinner shit, yes, portability is important, but that doesnt mean we need to aim for paper thin, there have been so many potentially great devices that were ruined because of restrictions to size, enough with the stupid idea that just because the parts are getting smaller, the whole thing should get smaller too, thats not how it should work at all, what we should be doing is taking advantage of the space made due to smaller parts by adding more parts to make it faster, not just removing the space granted to make the whole thing smaller, god thats annoying to see, i miss technology being about performance rather than looks
>>
>>45438897
>People will want local offline storage and backups they can get access to whenever they want and without bottlenecked speeds.

Lol. Get a load of this faggot. You only think like this because you have 10 mgb/s American internet.

Fag.
>>
File: TSWScreenshot4.jpg (27 KB, 711x388) Image search: [Google]
TSWScreenshot4.jpg
27 KB, 711x388
>i'll be old/dead before laptops and tablets reach this level
>>
So, by the pic in the OP, 2000s were the best decade for laptop design?
>>
File: smartphone wrist 2.jpg (408 KB, 2816x2112) Image search: [Google]
smartphone wrist 2.jpg
408 KB, 2816x2112
>>45438949
The future is NOW.
>>
>>45438754
>>45438769
What's the point though? Laptop sized tablets are pointless to use without a keyboard. Unless all future laptops will be 10 inches.
>>
File: benis.png (6 KB, 419x249) Image search: [Google]
benis.png
6 KB, 419x249
>>45438990
>10 inches
>>
>>45438932
upvoted
>>
>>45439017
Google +1'd
>>
>>45438830
>ethernet
Don't most still have that in a folding out design? If I'm getting a laptop and not a "hybrid device" then I want an ethernet port and all laptops I've seen in the past three years have them.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.