[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Stupid Question Thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 159
Thread images: 10
File: il_570xN.454841963_pslg[1].jpg (41 KB, 570x428) Image search: [Google]
il_570xN.454841963_pslg[1].jpg
41 KB, 570x428
Old thread was approaching its life expectancy.

Using Open Broadcaster Software, is it at all possible to stream directly to an IP address instead of a service? Like, another computer? I want to watch someone else on the network play games without using something like twitch, because the latency is much higher and a waste of bandwidth as far as I'm concerned. Is it possible?
>>
set up nginx with the rtmp module, then you can stream to it and others can watch from it.

rtmp {
server {
listen 1935;
chunk_size 4096;

application live {
live on;
record off;
}
}
}
>>
>>45401510
i'm using wangblows, does that change anything?
if not, I'll look into it.
Thanks.
>>
I have 8gb of RAM, is it worth the hassle of upgrading it? I'm on a laptop and don't see another way if getting more fps
>>
>>45401533
I have a windows server running with it. If you want to use it as service you need a wrapper, otherwise it works like everywhere else.

make sure you get a version with the rtmp module.
>>
LG G3

S5

or HTC ONE M8?
>>
>>45401584
I prefer nexus devices, I can't stand the bloat of any other manufacturer.
>>
Question: What programming language is the windows desktop environment (Aero) written in? And what is its license?
>>
>>45401542
Of course not. If you're playing games on your laptop the GPU is almost certainly the bottleneck.
>>
Why didn't RMS create his own kernel instead of tarding out about Ganoooooo/Linux all the time?
>>
>>45401605
C
>>
>>45401625
So I should probably just do nothing right
>>
>>45401715
do you have a source? I can't seem to find anything at all on it. I assume the license is the same as Windows
>>
>>45401708
email him, we wouldn't know

>>45401739
basically
>>
Is Ubuntu minimal able to easily set me up with

1. a nice tiling WM (i3)
2. build tools like I get with Xubuntu (without having to go through a fuckton of different packages)
3. get the drivers I need without fucking around?
4. not install tonnes of shit I don't need?
>>
>>45401760
yes, it's basically debianish
>>
>>45401739
turn down your graphics settings. lower your in game resolution. save up your allowance and buy a desktop pc which can actually game.
>>
Let's say I have all the parts needed to make the computer I want.

Is there some place that will build it for me?
>>
>>45401605
It's not Aero, it's Desktop Window Manager. Aero is just what they call the way the UI looks. And it's probably mostly C and C++, and some C. There's no reason the license would be different from the rest of Windows.
>>
Which screen do I get for build related?
http://pcpartpicker.com/p/Jy7TNG

The one that's there is a placeholder, and I have a budget of around 170$. I was thinking about a Samsung S24D300H, but I have no idea if it's a good one to go for, or if there are any better for my budget.
Help.
>>
>>45401776
just one thing then, how would I install the build tools? I like how I don't need to install shit separately in Xubuntu, it just comes out of the box.
is it a one-liner in Ubuntu minimal?
>>
>>45401789
your local computer hardware store probably will
>>
>>45401789
yes, there are, but of course they may charge you a ridiculous price, or maybe it'll be a steal.
If you're really scared of building it yourself, look up tutorials on YouTube. There's no real hurt in learning to do something for yourself, and it'll help you in the long run.

If not, just look around. I can't recall any sites off the top of my head, but they do exist.
>>
>>45401708
He did, It's called GNU Hurd, and it's been in development since before Linux existed.
>>
So I'm thinking of getting 5.1 surround system by using 5 Genelec G threes and Genelec 7050B. I believe I need a preamp and a DAC. How do I hook up the preamp and DAC together?

I was thinking of using Naim DAC-V1 and Naim NAC 152 XS
>>
I've got a seafile server running, but its only accessible from devices within the LAN

How would I access it from anywhere?
>>
>>45401980
open the ports it uses in your router and forward them to your server.
>>
when i right-click open folder on torrent in deluge, it just opens my download folder(with over 500 files and folders) and doesnt highlight the folder
>inb4 use qbittorent
i have, for 3 months, but it screws my internet connection completely(cant open youtube vids, pictures dont load etc.)(has anyone had this before)
>>
>>45401817
pls respond
>>
>>45401817
I'll help however I can. But answer this first:
>What do you want to use the monitor for?
>Specific screen size, resolution, response time, etc.?
>>
>>45402000
I've already had the ports open and forwarded though.
>>
>>45402219
then you're good to go.
>>
>>45402239
Guess I just fucked up somewhere in that case. Thanks.
>>
>>45402244
make sure the firewall isn't blocking anything and your ISP actually lets you use other ports and is not blocking them on their own.
>>
File: 1411306894351.gif (2 MB, 250x333) Image search: [Google]
1411306894351.gif
2 MB, 250x333
Hi /consumerism/

I love my ThinkPads, they do their job (had a T400 but the backlighting died, pretty sure because I used cheap Chinese battery 6 cell and Chinese AC adapter) but my X200s is still pretty good.

Unfortunately I'll have to be constantly moving and in quiet environments and away from power supply units most of the time and all I get to keep on me is some cheap thin bag for the company.
It pays a lot for an internship though so I shouldn't be complaining.

I was thinking a MBP, but I heard GNU Linux is awful on it, or the Lenovo Yoga, but other than Android I'm not sure if GNU Linux does touch screen stuff well, and I'll hardly utilize touch screen.

I just want something that works with GNU Linux well (and maybe BSD, I'll see), thin and light, decent battery life, and maybe SSD because I'll be constantly using it and I don't want to accidentally fuck the hard drive because I twisted it while it was reading.

>tl;dr wut thin laptop & long battery life can I use ganoo loonix on???? MBP? Lenovo Yoga? Newer thinkpads? Please respond
>>
>>45402280
or at least dual boot with loonix
>>
Is it possible to cut an mp3 file in ffmpeg without transcoding?
>>
can i manipulate a WLAN network to prioritise a device when transferring data? im living in a shared flat with 6 students so there are about 10 phones/notebooks in the network at peak times, but im the only one playing online games, so i think it could be ok to prioritise my traffic so i dont get disconnects every other hour
>>
I have a server running just one website and I'm not planning to add any other.

What's a good lightweight control panel to run on the server so I can manage shit like database, mail etc easily?
>>
>>45402184
Jeez, just clean out your download folder. Your problems reminds me of the problem l am having though.

Somehow my User\ folder got deleted or something in Windows 7 now l can't log in, and have lost all my files in Documents\ & Downloads\
1. How do l get Win7 to create a new User\ so I can log in.
2. Any way to recover those files?
>>
I'm looking to buy a new phone, possibly a Samsung, and I plan on rooting it. Question; should (or could) I root it before activating it?
>>
>>45402701
what do you mean by activating?
>>
>>45401885
pls answer
>>
>>45402210
Mostly for gaming, as you can see from the build.
I haven't been in the market for computers in a long time, the psu might be overkill, but I'd rather be on the safe side in case I'll change components in the future.

Don't have anything specific in mind, but the gtx 970 should support 1080, that's why I went with that, and it's in my price range. The samsung that is.
>>
>>45402637
pls answer
>>
So when I built my computer I only put 8GB of RAM in it. 2 sticks of 4GB. If I want to add more RAM, can I just add another 4GB stick, or do I need to add 2? I don't know why I'm thinking this but I remember reading something about this.
>>
File: current specs.png (59 KB, 850x605) Image search: [Google]
current specs.png
59 KB, 850x605
What should I upgrade next? I feel like my videocard is giving away already
>>
Is there a way to search for duplicate image files in a folder? Like a program that uses a reference image, or having it analyze the photos and group similar ones together?
>>
>>45402210
>>45402773
Sorry for the late response, pls respond
>>
>>45402712
To activate it, to make it usable, to register the device to my number, to add the sim card, etc.
https://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/nso/enterDeviceId.do
If you don't know what I mean, then you probably can't help me.
>>
>>45402701
I have this same question, but with installing omnirom rather than just rooting it.
>>
>>45402867
Visipics?
>>
>>45402996

thanks, I'll check that out!
>>
>>45402965
Sorry I've never had to activate my phone, all goes over the sim card.
I'm still not sure what a phone has to do with the provider. Put the sim card in any device and it'll work.

My phone was rooted when I switched carriers and just put their sim card in it.
It didn't really matter.
>>
>>45402280
please respond
>>
when i go to install linux mint xfce on my laptop it says cannot find iso, and to fix this i must run chkdsk /r and gracefully reboot in windows. Only problem is ive done that like three times and it always says chkdak cant run because the volume is in use by another process. Then it asks if i want it to be checked next boot. Okay, i type y and hit enter, then reboot and gracefully power off then try the install again but it gives me that damn message again. Anyway, ive had quite enough of windows, and if anyone can just show me how to format my drive from the live usb stick and just do a fresh install it would be great thanks in advance
>>
>want to play sims 2
>doesn't work on windows 7
>boot up vm
>directx 7 not supported
>fuck

I just want to try sims without dual booting.

Am I just fucked?
>>
>>45402984
I also plan on installing a custom ROM, >>45402701 here. I'm assuming rooting before activation IS possible, I'm wondering if there's any risks or precautions I should take or if it's better to activate it first. I'm just worried about going through the trouble of rooting and then not be able to receive/make calls and SMS.

>>45403017
So, yes? Or, you don't know? Not sure?
>>
Does newer motherboards only support SATA3? I bought a new one and I'm afraid my SATA HDD won't work on it, I don't know if my HDD is SATA3 or not
>>
>>45403141
it'll work, it just won't be as fast.
>>
File: ivEVS8w.png (319 KB, 670x2519) Image search: [Google]
ivEVS8w.png
319 KB, 670x2519
Is there anything bad about using an micro sd all the time like a hdd? I found pic related, would that be bad for installing games on that? like for instance the games would crash or something when the display turns off, because everything is shut down?
>>
Why is my ram running at 644Mhz??
>>
>>45403178
ddr = double data rate
644*2 = 1288
>>
>>45402773
>>45402918
I'm still here. Sorry for the late response back. here's a few to look at, and choose from them as you want. I'll list pros and cons.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824005729
>pros: Great response time, 1080p, TN panel (if that's what you like)
>cons: 23.6" (maybe you wanted a bigger monitor), not a lot of reviews to base quality off of, ok contrast ratio

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824236174
>pros: Great response time, 1080p, much better contrast ratio than the first
>cons: 4/5 stars/eggs/whatever, still 23.6"

I decided to look for a larger monitor, ignoring the response time.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA27Z1BX1188
>pros: 27.5", 6ms response time (not bad for a TV)
>cons: refurbished, ok contrast ratio, only one not-so-great review

I'll keep looking if you don't like any of these.
>>
What kind of output device is a 3D printer considered as?
>>
>>45403178
go to bios and reset ram. If you're mixing ram. the higher speed one is down clocking to the lowest one
>>
>>45403195
Thanks, does that mean that my 10GBs of DD3 644 Mhz wam is good?
>>
>>45403157
device manager says it's a "samsung hd161gj ata device"
>>
File: clappingintensifies.png (93 KB, 200x204) Image search: [Google]
clappingintensifies.png
93 KB, 200x204
>>45403205
a burger printer
>>
>>45403159
yes, the flash card will wear out, meaning inconsistent speed. ie. limited writes/accesses
>>
>>45403226
It's SATA1, SATA1, 2 and 3 are all compatible to another.
>>
>>45403246
alright thanks anon
>>
>>45403062
No, reinstall sims 2 running admin. then run backward compatible for window xp service package 2. then as admin again.
>>
I need a program to record my desktop in windowz. Do people still use hypercam? What is hot nowadays?
>>
>>45402748
it should go as said preamp>DAC>amp>speakers
>>
>>45403296
use OBS (open broadcaster software), better than fraps, free and libre, and I can help you set it up if you need help.
https://obsproject.com/
>>
>>45403085
>>45402984
>>45402701
After a quick search, the consensus seems to be it's safer to root (and/or install custom ROM) AFTER activation. Here's one reason:
>I would think it be more dangerous to root it then activate letting Verizon know you've activated with a rooted phone. Some of the roots set your serial number too all zeros.
http://www.s3forums.com/forum/galaxy-s3-hacking-mods/881-rooting-before-activation.html

Any other input on this would be appreciated, though. I really like the idea of activating a freshly rooted phone with a custom ROM, adblock and firewall installed, bloat removed, settings customized, etc.
>>
>>45402664
use windows password unlocker boot cd, search it up
then check if your account is still there, then unlock it. The chances are that it will still be there. If you are using the same computer with the account. Use recurva to recover your files. I can't guarantee that the files have not been written over.
>>
>>45403061
Free blowjobs to anyone who helps me
>>
>>45403198
What's wrong with the samsung I posted?
Also, I can't get the Asus VS247H-P (second link), I can get the VS247HR, are there a lot of diferences?
>>
>>45403272
wow what the fuck

see i had done all that except installing as admin

why does it work like that? this account is an admin account already
>>
Why is uninstalling software on gnu/linux so hard?

>install xfce
apt-get install xfce4

>uninstall xfce
apt-get purge xfce4 desktop-base exo-utils gtk2-engines-xfce libexo-1-0 libexo-common libgarcon-1-0 libgarcon-common libthunarx-2-0 libtumbler-1-0 libxfce4ui-1-0 libxfce4util-bin libxfce4util-common libxfce4util4 libxfconf-0-2 orage tango-icon-theme thunar thunar-data thunar-volman tumbler tumbler-common xfce-keyboard-shortcuts xfce4 xfce4-appfinder xfce4-mixer xfce4-panel xfce4-session xfce4-settings xfce4-utils xfconf xfdesktop4 xfdesktop4-data xfwm4 xfwm4-themes
>>
>>45403402
>VS247HR
there isn't really much difference other than their sizes for those 2 you have specified. HR is newer model than monitor with just H. Other than that VS247HR has better pixel pitch by a margin of 0.0048mm :D
Both monitors support maximum refresh rate of 75 Hz. So, you would need to use the DVI connection to get 75 Hz at 1080p full hd, since HDMI won't support anything above 60 Hz at 1080p. The monitor is a good for gaming. Another monitor you can have a look at is Asus VS247H-P. If you can find it on lower price than those you have specified.
However, if you are really into competitive shooters, you may want to go with monitor of 120/144 Hz Refresh rate(if your hardware can render that many frames) for the smoother visuals.
>>
>>45403363
Another stupid, yet related, question; Does updating the phone make it harder/impossible to root? Or vice-versa?
>>
>>45403452
downloading stuff in packages is easier than removing every bit of an installation and all its traces
>>
>>45403434
Well your account is pseudo admin, There is actually a root user above you. Its actually made to protect the users. It kept you from accessing files that can damage your computer.
>>
>>45403402
sorry, I didn't even look. The samsung one is just fine, it seems, but I'm assuming it must be in your price range (because it's not, on Newegg). Like the person before me just said, the only bad thing is it only has D-sub (VGA) and HDMI. If you want the ebin 75Hz, you would need something like DVI.
>>45403453
not me btw, but listen to him too
>>
>>45403484
If its apple then yes. They literally stop shit like that. On an android updating may require you to root it again. And rolling back on your updates should be easier depending on if that version is supported by the community. usually is.
>>
>>45403325
then how would the preamp amplify a digital signal?
>>
>>45403453
I'm getting an i5-4690k and a gtx970, would that run well at 120/144?

Also were you talking about the samsung and asus monitors or asus and asus?
>>
>>45403484
WARNING ANON: if you get a verizon galaxy s3, DO NOT, and I fucking repeat, DO. NOT. update it to 4.4+. It will make it literally impossible for you to install a custom ROM. It happened to me. the 4.4 update locks down the bootloader of the phone. It's for the verizon edition though, so, go figure. Don't make the same mistake i made.
>>
>>45403518
>>45403453
It's 128€, so it's well in my price range.
Are there any HDMA->DVI converters?
>>
>>45403508
>sticking linux shit into my windows
Muh freedoms let me be a bad user if i want to
>>
>>45403566
preamp/dac combo
>>
>>45403619
of course there are, but (don't quote me on this, I don't know shit about adapters and the like) I don't think using a DVI -> HDMI will allow the 75+Hz @ 1080p. it may be a physical limitation of HDMI.
>>
>>45403452
Normally you would do:
apt-get remove xfce4
apt-get autoremove

Installing the package *pulls in* dependencies it needs. The remove function does exactly what it should: remove the package. autoremove works by removing what is not depended upon or manually installed.
Either way you should be using the GUI which does this for you automatically, seeing as you don't even read the manual.
>>
>>45403648
not me
>>45403453
I am this guy, anyways the limitation of hdmi is 60hz. Simply using an adapter will not work to boost your frames.
>>
>>45403558
>If it's apple then yes
Another reason to never use Apple. I'm probably going with a Samsung. Something with removable battery and SD card, for sure (although my options are pretty limited there.)

>>45403604
WOAH! Thanks for the heads up, anon. As a mater of fact, I was considering the s5, which already has Kitkat installed. How fucked would I be?
Rooting it is my main concern, however it would be nice to finally install a custom ROM, since there were none available for my current shitty phone.
>>
>>45403335
Cheers, this is beautiful.
I left the encoding & video settings as is, is there anything I can do to get even better quality output?
>>
>>45403061
Bump
>>
difference between these 2 boards? Will be putting and fx 8350 on it

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B008B6ONXK/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A1XBPHGHAXLHDG

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813128514
>>
>>45401470

I didn't read the manual on my mobo and just used an 8gb stick of ram from a prebuilt hp computer. How do i know if I put it in the wrong slot or something? Is it something I would notice performance wise?
>>
>>45403648
>>45403732
So the samsung one will not support 122/140?
Would the gtx 970 support it?
Is it even possible to get to that refresh rate with my budget?
>>
>>45403743
I don't have the s5, but I haven't heard any bad news about being able to do such things for it. As how I learned this all myself, do a quick google search. That will almost always give you a good answer. I don't want to say go ahead, but I'll say go ahead and try.
>>
Should I get the X60 or X60s?
>>
File: jesus.png (235 KB, 1260x2448) Image search: [Google]
jesus.png
235 KB, 1260x2448
>>45403809
damn mit dude, use newegg comparison. pic related as fuck.
>>
>>45403770
If you're just recording, you can try and up the max bitrate in Encoding. Dunno how much, if at all, that will help. Just screw around with settings until you get what you like. Trial and error. Works eventually.
>>45403841
I don't know for sure, but after a quick search the 970 can handle 120Hz nicely, after all, it is almost brand new. It may depend on the monitor and specific 970 you're getting, as well as what you plan on using.

(Mind you both I don't know a shit ton, but I always try my best to help using prior knowledge, and the internet.)
>>
>>45403841
No, It is hdmi
Support the display? Yes.
No, unless you want to gamble with a refurbish one.
>>
Will my PCIe x16 3.0 graphics caard if my move it from a PCIe x16 2.0 slot to a 3.0 slot?
>>
>>45403933
for >>45403841
I agree with >>45403988
(holy shit the quotes)
The monitor can't do 120/144, because it doesn't support DVI.
Save up a bit more and your options increase greatly, make sure you find one with DVI ports.
if not, you can try to look for others, or go refurb.
>>
>>45404013
Will it break*
>>
>>45404013
Do you mean, like, physically break? Or not work?

Physically break, not unless you throw it at a wall first.

Not work, no, it will work, especially since you're moving it to the higher bandwidth bus it was designed for.
>>
>>45404084
but it's a 3.0 card.
>>
>>45404080
>>45404084
>>45404093
Thanks guyse
>>
>>45403843
Thanks for your help, anon. I'll do some research about rooting the s5 with Kitkat and whether or not installing a custom ROM will ever be possible. I can live with the stock, but not without being able to root it atleast. Now I'm debating if I'm just better off buying an old s3 :/
>>
Very dumb question. What if I want to do two tasks at once with yum? It doesn't let me run something else in another terminal because "yum lock".
>>
>>45404103
rooting an s3 is ezpz. You just can't install a custom ROM.

towelroot.com is your friend, btw.
>>
Okay, so. Currently I have an HTC One M7 on a 4.3 rom. I want to return to Stock (which I believe was 4.2.2) and get the OTAs. I have a nandroid backup of my system before I flashed anything. If I restore from that nandroid, will my phone simply be back in Stock and I won't have anymore work to do? Also, will I still receive the OTAs to upgrade to 4.4.x? Any help would be awesome.
>>
>>45403933
OK, thanks again.
>>
Is IBM still relevant?
>>
my dad is looking for a new laptop. any good cyber monday deals? price range under $350

i was just gonna suggest to him a used T420/T430 but is there anything else /g/ can recommend?
>>
>>45404338
yes
>>
File: 1400431310393.gif (2 MB, 250x216) Image search: [Google]
1400431310393.gif
2 MB, 250x216
My desktop cannot connect to the internet. It uses a wireless USB dongle to connect to the router, but after it connects to the router, it can't get on the internet. It is the only device in the house that has this problem.
Resetting the router will sometimes fix it, but then it always breaks again about a half hour later. I had a similar problem a few months back, so I contacted my ISP's customer support, and they were able to fix it in seconds, so I feel like it's most likely a problem on their end, not mine. What do?
>>
The front camera on my Samsung galaxy s4 mini is squeezed. Makes all pictures taken with it look squashed. But this only happens on Facebook messenger. How do I remedy this?
>>
>>45404400
Also I think it's worth noting that I apparently have an IP address and am able to access the internet, I just cannot load any web pages, open Steam, ect.
>>
>>45404369
How so?
>>
>>45404362
Sure.
Used HP EliteBooks and Dell Latitude / Precisions are acceptable as well.
>>
File: 1339639528641.gif (240 KB, 314x311) Image search: [Google]
1339639528641.gif
240 KB, 314x311
Is it possible/recommended to crossfire an HD series card and an R# card? Specifically, the HD 6670 and an R9 270
>>
>>45404418
Stop using Facebook.
>>
>>45404506
bad idea, because the r card will down clock to the speed of the 6670
>>
God fucking damn it /g/, I literally wasted 3 hours of my fucking life that I will never get back trying to do this shit

So I'm trying to record a scene in an anime with OBS in full screen

I've tried everything, results range from screen flickering (if I use "game capture" as source) to just a fucking black screen

God damn it /g/ god fucking damn it
>>
>>45404400
If your ISP's fix was done super quick then they probably just sent a refresh signal to your modem. That's pretty much the only thing they ever do quickly because they just push a button on their end.

It has the same effect as restarting the modem physically. You can try that and see if it fixes it.

Your issue sounds like some of the common cases I have at work. Normally the wireless controller (in this case your router) has a set of "leases" to give devices IPs. Like an actually lease, these expire. If that lease expires, then the device won't get out to the internet because it technically doesn't have an IP. I think that's how it works, I just fix the issue so I haven't looked into it too much.

It kind of sounds like the desktop's IP lease is expiring. I'm not too sure if household routers even handle that so I may be mistaken, but that is my 2 cents on it.
>>
Any decent free DVD video authoring software for Windows?

Need to transcode from various formats to DVD video.
>>
im getting a notification on windows 7 that my pc is low on memory. task manager tells me that only 2gb of my usable 8gb is being used. why is windows telling me that im low on memory when im clearly not? i keep getting booted to my desktop from my games. even when gaming, the most that is used is 4gb-5gb.
>>
>>45404557
Why don't you just use video editing software instead of trying to record from a player?
>>
>>45404484
Ibm is reshaping itself and buying back it own stock. look up "ibm 2014 stock plummet"
>>
>>45404452
Okay nevermind, I'm this guy >>45404558

If you are getting an IP then my leasing theory is a little shot. I would still try restarting your modem though.

Outside of that you're going to be up for some googling.
>>
>>45404557
Is there a reason you don't have the video file already (such as input from some kind of capture card)?

You should probably just be doing video editing and at worst a re-encode.
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (179 KB, 1542x700) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
179 KB, 1542x700
>>45404569
just opening firefox, i got the notification, wtf.
>>
>>45404579

OBS, Open Broadcaster Software

It's not a player it's supposed to be screen recording and streaming software
>>
>>45403680
Do all package managers have autoremove?
>>
How to record microphone properly on Linux? I was thinking about using the arecord but I've no idea what parameters to use to make the sound fine, it's highly disorted when I use stock arecord options.
>>
Got a game that has issues if it doesn't seem to detect a keyboard driver(?) active. Is there any sort of software I can install just so one shows up in the Device Manager?
>>
>>45404599
Do you have page memory? Just close everything. Turn everything off. Unplug power source. Re seat your ram. If that doesn't fix the issue. It could be faulty ram.
>>
>>45404579
>>45404596

>video editing software
>video editing

God damn it why didn't I think of this

Thanks anyway
>>
>>45404580
Yeah, but where's the innovation?

>tfw IBM no longer makes hardware
Feels bad man.
>>
>>45404681
Learning to use ffmpeg is extremely useful if you're not afraid of CLIs.
>>
File: russian bread.jpg (76 KB, 800x550) Image search: [Google]
russian bread.jpg
76 KB, 800x550
Can someone critique this build and maybe recommend me a new case?

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/pZtKGX
>>
>>45404682
IBM still makes mainframes, and servers for clients. If you mean merely main stream home computers. Then they are dead.
>>
>>45404646
im fairly new to the pc world, so im not entirely sure what page memory is. I built this pc well over 4 months ago and never had an issue. these alerts just started yesterday.

ill still give your method a shot and hopefully i wont get another alert. is there any way to just stop windows from displaying the notifications? it keeps tabbing me out of games.
>>
>>45404826
When you are running 32bit applications. When your memory hits the 2 GB limit it will give you the warning. Yes. Check out this video. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TT_z6vTeSW0
>>
Should I be worried about my mobo being at 39C while doing nothing but browsing /g/?
>>
>>45404895
thats a pretty normal temp
>>
>>45404895
Mine idles at around 33C but I guess it varies on a bunch of factors, you should be fine.
>>
So, this may sound not tech related, but bearing in mind that the self is in itself a technology here i go:
I live in a middle-class environment were formal education is expected of me, and to be honest, i don't really have anything better to do.
So, i would like to study something that focuses in the way different group of people see their place in the world and the practical ways in which they affect the real world to continue being true to this views. I.E: Why middle class people hate the poor, why poor people hate police, why rich people hate the middle class, etc, etc.
I'm standing between anthropology, linguistics and philosophy, but i can't seem to grasp which of them is more nearer my actual interest in the subjects.
I don't want to learn philosophy, nor to learn about some indian tribe, nor to learn to speak greek, i want to learn something related to the mental technologies in which a certain group of people give sense to their actions, however horrible or out of spot with reality they may be. What would that be?
I dunno if made myself clear.
>>
How can I see video information like fps, resolution, file size, etc with mpv on windows?
>>
>>45404977
mpv displays a lot of information in the standard output, so try starting the video through command like, like:
path/to/mpv.exe path/to/video
>>
Is the PSU overkill if I don't plan to SLI?
Which screen do I go for if my budget is 150$?

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/4y7TNG
>>
>>45404947
look into sociology
Thread replies: 159
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.