[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
chromium users, I'm debating making the switch and leaving
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: chromium--1.jpg (7 KB, 660x440) Image search: [Google]
chromium--1.jpg
7 KB, 660x440
chromium users, I'm debating making the switch and leaving FF behind. three questions though:

>uBlock vs ABP vs Adguard: which one is better?
>is there any way to set a new tab page other than by using a shitty ad-on?
>can the horrible font-rendering be fixed?

pls no bully
>>
>>45401075
>pls no bully
You got something to hide, pedo? Why not go to Chrome - the world's #1 fastest and most reliable Google browser?

:^)
>>
>>45401075
Why are you a homophobe?
>>
>>45401091
because they're not human :^)

>>45401090
I tried chrome and google ultra but neither were good enough, and i need to be accepted as a l33t haxx0r by my friends
>>
I never understand these "horrible font rendering" comments. What the fuck are you people talking about?
>>
>>45401194
About something that triggers their incredibly fussy autism.
>>
>>45401075
>can the horrible font-rendering be fixed?
chrome://flags → Disable DirectWrite
>>
I actually JUST switched to Chromium from FF yesterday. I had been using FF and been an advocate of theirs for years but both the company and the browser have gone downhill recently. I got really pissed when FF was taking up 80% cpu while I had two tabs open and a shit load of memory so I switched to Chromium and it's basically way better in almost every way.

I'm using uBlock. Font rendering is fine.
>>
Chromium is almost as botnet as chrome. The spying is just part of the browser in general.

uBlock is the best one, however. But you'll get spyware popups with anything but firefox anyway. Chromium is not good at blocking popups regardless of your addons. And it loads everything before blocking. They aren't even trying to change that.
>>
>>45401320
>nd it loads everything before blocking. They aren't even trying to change that.
Wasn't this actually changed about a year ago, and it doesn't do this anymore?
>>
>>45401075
>uBlock vs ABP vs Adguard: which one is better?
uBlock is best, but make sure you only use filters that you need.
>>
>>45401329
I checked it out recently and actually saw some ads load before they disappeared. So, I don't think so.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.