[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why is there no laptop with old style form factor with ultrabook
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4
Why is there no laptop with old style form factor with ultrabook internals and a sheet battery that fills all the rest of the space?

When will the "muh thinness" faggotry end?
>>
Because no one needs 30 hours of battery life.
>>
The MBPr is thin and has a better battery life then 99% of the Windows notebooks.
>>
>>45364378
lol
>>
>>45364378
Nearly all those battery tests are done with continuous web browsing shit rather than actual work, gaming, or anything taxing at all.
>>
>>45364378
You are part of the problem. I'd rather have plugging my laptop in be an infrequent interruption of usage, rather than the portability aspect of it being a short jaunt to the next power outlet.
>>
>no fanless chromebooks with huge batteries
why even bother
>>
>>45364423
You know that video playback and web browsing are the things most people use their laptops for right?
>>
This, but also with phones.

Seriously if I'm going to have to have a 12" iPhone 12+++ that doesn't remotely fit in my pocket it may as well have good battery life
>>
File: Dell_Latitude_E6400.jpg (3 MB, 3072x2304) Image search: [Google]
Dell_Latitude_E6400.jpg
3 MB, 3072x2304
Still love my Dell Latitude E6400 to death. Beautiful design, functional like not many other piece of hardware ever made, upgradable in ways other laptops can only dream of (I have 3 wireless cards in mine presently, one of them even doing Bluetooth 4.0 duties + 11ac Wi-Fi, fuck using USB adapters), great size and portability (14.1" 16:10 1440x900 panels = perfection), put a 240GB Intel SSD in it, screams like a motherfucker these days.

9-cell battery + 12-cell slice = I consistently get 17+ hours of use from it when I'm out and about doing my thing (the 3 wireless cards might clue you in, maybe not).

These things are just fucking awesome, period.
>>
>>45364937
6 y/o dell studio here. Dropped it, spilled water in it, still has 4+ hrs battery and the best built in speakers. Going to turn it into a server soon.
>>
>>45364937
That looks like an xbox hueg brick. Is that without the autist slice battery?
>>
>>45364937
Used it for half a year and loved every second about it!
>>
When laptop manufacturers realizes that the bends is reserved solely for divers
>>
File: 79d6a49a28dc8de9acaea65b89b1513c.jpg (108 KB, 1000x1530) Image search: [Google]
79d6a49a28dc8de9acaea65b89b1513c.jpg
108 KB, 1000x1530
Why is there no cell phone with old style form factor with smart phone internals and a battery that fills all the rest of the space?

When will the "muh thinness" faggotry end?
>>
>>45366093
I.... I want a phone with a 300 hour talk time.
>>
>>45364937
E6510 here.
Can confirm
>>
>>45364937
Still have my E6400...upgrade to the E6410 gave me like no satisfaction, tbh.
>>
>>45366106
knowing software these days they'd probably be running vanilla jvm running android, through emscripten on node.js in firefox os or some other batshit stuff so that you get about 10 hours max
>>
>>45366312
Singe the battery will be 'big enough anyways' amirite?
>>
File: American+Pyscho1[1].jpg (31 KB, 605x255) Image search: [Google]
American+Pyscho1[1].jpg
31 KB, 605x255
>>45366093

you could pretty much power it with the heat from your hand and still have enough space for like

uhh
>>
Is a laptop worth any more?
You can build and literally upgrade your desktop , but can you do the same with your laptop ?

It seems like a useless invest to buy a laptop.
>>
>>45366664
Greeting from outside of your mother's basement
>>
>>45366734
Greetings from your mum's bedroom
>>
>>45366734
is it so difficult to answer rationally you cancerous shit ?

i don't know , that's why i am asking
>>
>>45366765
Isn't it obvious? A laptop is designed for mobility. These days I am on mine all the time, I can't even decide on building a desktop at all because it would be a waste of money for me personally (at this time). But right there is an answer to your question of why one would "invest" in a laptop instead of just pouring everything into a desktop, no matter how much more economical that may be.
>>
>>45366664

>can you do the same with your laptop ?

seems like the mindset wrt mobile devices (smartphones, laptops, tablets etc.) is just to replace it, since the technology tends to improve and become obsolete more quickly (lower power consumption, integrated gfx performance)

by contrast, desktop size is pretty consistent, power consumption not as important.

not a huge difference between sandy bridge and current CPUs, compare to iris pro vs. integrated from before.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.