[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /g/, What's your opinion on vape pens? I'm looking
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 1
File: b86557d0028e0f25419d6406b3f3007c.jpg (193 KB, 2562x1637) Image search: [Google]
b86557d0028e0f25419d6406b3f3007c.jpg
193 KB, 2562x1637
Hey /g/,
What's your opinion on vape pens? I'm looking to get one but I need some input on what brands are good and what kind of flavor cartridges are the best.
>>
it gives headaches
  ▲
▲ ▲
>>
Food processors belong on >>>/ck/.
Cameras belong on >>>/p/.
Threadmills belong on >>>/fit/.
Degeneracy belongs on >>>/b/.
>>
>>45357982
Looks like you belong on /b/ then my good sir
>>
>>45357877
First of all, it's not a vape pen. That term is obnoxious.
Secondly, eLeaf iStick and Aspire Nautilus (Mini). Can't go wrong with that and the best bang for your buck until you want to upgrade.
>>
>>45358306
Thank you. What would be a better term for it?
>>
>>45358360
Degeneracy.
>>
>>45358360
To be honest, most people refer to the combination of the battery and tank as their setup.

You are trying to get off cigs, i presume? Go easy on the nicotine level then. If you were a heavy smoker, 18mg to 12mg is probably where you want to start, dropping down to 6mg or less in the progess.
>>
Vamo / Launcher / ... + Taifun or Kraken, perhaps.
>>
>>45358436
Recommending such a setup to a person new to vaping is not a good idea at all. Not saying it's bad, it's just no the right thing for someone starting out.

Also, there are way better alternatives to the mentioned products nowadays.
>>
>>45357877

Mech mod or don't bother.
>>
>>45358476
Regulated box mod called, mech mod a shit.
>>
>>45358457
I believe it's fine.

It's not expensive, you'll not benefit much from experience with another setup, and you might as well go for a decent setup from the start.

Not like these $40 or whatever will break the bank, either. Smoking in general is way more expensive anyways.
>>
>>45358495

How well does it fit in your phanny pack?
>>
>>45358511
It's about battery safety and building coils.
Not everyone wants to bother with any of the two topics. And in case of battery safety, that's not a good idea at all.
>>
>>45358457
>Also, there are way better alternatives to the mentioned products nowadays.
You could mention some, might be of more use to OP?

PS: The compromise I made was not picking the expensive gear, but just decent value + decent performance.
>>
>>45358528
I wouldn't know, i don't own one.
>>
Spend 200$ on vape equipment cause i believed it could help me quit cigs. Used it a week and then threw it in the bin.
>>
You fuckers have no idea how fucking stupid you look sucking on those things.
Smokers think you're stupid
Normal people think you're stupid
I think you want to be hardocre but mom won't let you.
Stop.
>>
>>45358610
I think you're stupid. Now does that change anything? I doubt it.
>>
>>45358579
So you are not able to sell things and you are addicted to something that destroys your lungs? Brilliant.

>>45358610
It's the electric fedora.
>>
I picked up a cheap itast mvp 2 to replace my ego's. Never looked back. Also for nicotine level I would go 6-12mg if you are used to sigarets. If you smoked rolling tabaco you should go 12-16mg.
>>
Whats a good but not too costly e-cig/vape thats available in Canada ?

We used to get threads about this shit here all the time, with guides and all, but i don't see that anylonger.
>>
>>45357877
Firefly by unique cigs has been my favorite by far
>>
>>45358579
>cause i believed it could help me quit cigs
Just make a firm decision to stop smoking and stick to it you fucking pussy
>>
>>45358634
I bought my itaste for around 35 euros @ fasttech. And that was with global shipping.
>>
I just recommend anyone of you interested in this topic to head over to http://www.reddit.com/r/electronic_cigarette/ as this thread won't last for long.
Get your head out of your asses for once, there is a lot of useful information to be found over there.
Sadly, the board got no more mods so there are a lot of duplicate topics each day, but luckily you can search for older ones.
>>
>>45358556

I'm sure your purse works just as well.
>>
>>45358533
Launcher: Use a protected battery.
Vamo: Works without special precautions, but feel free to also use a protected battery.

None of this is hard at all...

> building coils
Also trivial, addicts can figure out way more than that...
>>
>>45358684
Oh my, i don't happen to own one of those either.
>>
OP here, thanks for all the responses.

>>45358670
I'll check it out but I'm really not a fan of reddit.

Also, has anyone tried that 0% nicotine bullshit? I might try it just for the hell of it.
>>
>>45358741
>Also, has anyone tried that 0% nicotine bullshit?
That sounds fucking gay. You're gonna stand there puffing getting nothing out of it at all? Protip, you do not look cool with a fuckhueg vape in your hand.
>>
>>45358763
I bet you condemn sugar free alternatives for popular sodas as well?
>>
>>45358763
That's why I asked Anon. I'm obviously going to get it with a dose of nicotine in it, but if that 0% bullshit is cheaper I might have to throw that in occasionally.
>>
>>45358794
They do taste worse, but no I don't mind those. At least they aren't a massive call for attention.

>>45358805
But then it will have no purpose.
>>
>>45358813
I think i see your problem now.
Not everyone blows huge clouds in peoples faces.
There are small setups as well.
Those looking for attention aren't the ones trying to get off cigs.
>>
>>45358813
>But then it will have no purpose
It'll be saving me money if it's cheap enough. My main issue is I always have to have something in my hands. Whether it be a real cig or an e-cig/vape it should do the trick.
>>
>>45358879
>My main issue is I always have to have something in my hands
Protip: You don't.
>>
>>45358879
If you -really- want to save money on your juice, start mixing it by yourself. All you need is USP grade glycerin and gropylene glycol as well as some flavoring.
>>
>>45358904
Propylene glycol.
>>
>>45358904
>>45358922
I don't know my ass from my elbow when it comes to chemistry Anon. And like I said earlier, it was just an option. Regardless, any more suggestions as far as a set up?
>>
>>45358655
I don't even know which one is a good one for beginners ?

I don't want to waste too much money, trying to use it as a cessation device
>>
>>45358941
Depends on the budget.

You could probably get something satisfactory for less than $50.
Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.