[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>gaymen laptop >fagbook Pro What do I get? What's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: lenovo-laptop-y50-silver-main.png (173 KB, 560x345) Image search: [Google]
lenovo-laptop-y50-silver-main.png
173 KB, 560x345
>gaymen laptop
>fagbook Pro

What do I get? What's the better deal with the devil?

I need a powerful computer for the road -gonna be spending a load of time in an RV- specailly for handling video, and I'd like to do some vidya.

Whatever, gaymen laptops are either GL551, G751 or Y50. Then there's the macbook.
>>
>>45322386
Get a mobile workstation, it's like a gaming laptop without all the LEDs and stickers, but with actual build quality.
>>
>>45322395
which model?
>>
don't buy a gaymen laptop. just get a regular laptop with a good graphics card. I don't know what's good these days, but a year and a half ago I got a samsung 8 series with ~10 hours battery life, 15.6" 1080p IPS screen, quad core CPU and some AMD card that was pretty good at the time, so I don't see why you can't get something similar today. I mostly use it for work, but it plays games just fine despite not being a gaymen laptop.
>>
>>45322407
I haven't researched laptops in a while so I can't be super specific, but Dell Precision laptops are usually good. Keep in mind that this is a business product, so it's nothing like the $200 netbook your retard friend bought at Wal-Mart.
>>
just buy a rMBP, if you're adult you probably wont play anything

also rMBP just werks and will last many years
>>
>>45322446

B-but I like to do some gaming every once in a while...
>>
>>45322482
Apple shills don't even know why they recommend Macbooks. If you point out that Microsoft Office works better on Windows they'll tell you that Apple computers are for fun, but then when you point out that Windows has more games they'll tell you they don't play games, they're an adult. Ignore these faggots.
>>
>>45322482
The 15" Retina has an Geforce 750, quite capable of handling some casual medium settings gaming
>>
>do I want battery life and barely play anything outside of source games with everything at lowest possible settings?
Retina Fagbook Pro
>do I want 2 hours battery life, one of the shittest screens on the market but have muh gaymen?
Y50
>>
>>45322386
Is there a good non-gaymen branded laptop with 970M?
>>
>>45322550
why is there no compromise between?
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.