[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Leejun Cracks Supremacist Twiter
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 4
File: BBeiwWg.png (39 KB, 396x298) Image search: [Google]
BBeiwWg.png
39 KB, 396x298
So, how did they do it?

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/technology/anonymous-takes-over-ku-klux-klans-twitter-account/ar-BBeiumI
>>
>>>/b/
>>>/pol/
>>>/lgbt/
take your pick
>>
>>45214707
I'm not a le* Anonymous faggot.

I'm interested in how they did it. And more importantly, how to prevent it.

I'm sure it comes down to some dumbass Twitter employee in the end, though.
>>
>skiddies using skiddy programs
gee, dunno
>>
password was probably 'wh1t3pr1de'
>>
>>45214796
>>45214796
This.

OP, these things don't get much more interesting than guessed passwords and impersonations over the phone.
>>
Either a bad password or a dumb fuck in charge of the account that gave out the password unconsioussly through social engineering. Or they've owned the account in the first place and just pretend to be cool.
>>
>>45214862
>Or they've owned the account in the first place and just pretend to be cool.
This would be hilarious
>>
>>45214679
they brute forced it with guesses.

turns out his pw was "i hate niggers" and email was "nigger hater 666 @ hotmail"
>>
>>45214930
man i wonder how they ever would have figured that'd be the password

OP, all this ever is is scriptkiddies who want to be hackers spamming passwords until they get it, then they change the picture for praise.
>>
File: 1413165379618.jpg (186 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1413165379618.jpg
186 KB, 1280x720
>>45214679
Why does the KKK have a twitter anyway
>>
>implying parroting freetards on /g/ can even 'hack' anything
You went to wrong place, OP.
>>
>>45214992
>NBA Johji
Perfect
>>
They probably guessed the password.
>>
>9:11:47
>9:11
2edgy4me
>>
>>45214679
Maybe brute force with some boards with Xilinx Zynq...
>>
You won't get any answers here man, everyone here is too stupid and won't admit they don't. It's why they choose to insult you instead of answering cause they don't. And the ones the do know how, probably don't give enough a fuck to reply
>>
>>45214762
the attacker sends a fabricated DMCA notice to the organization who operates the website stating that the user have uploaded copyrighted material, and that they are prosecuting that user in US court, and are requesting the IPs and name of the user associated with that account. 99% the stupid fucking company doesn't check the validity of the DMCA notice because they want to avoid having to go to court over it. This is how terrorists managed to obtain the personal information of a Youtube user who upload anti-islamic videos recently. With the help of IP spoofing (through a rogue LIR (registrars) they will register an IP with information matching the existing IP address (set the same geolocation data, network operator address, etc). They will appeal to twitter through this IP address, and use social engineering to reset the password.
>>
>>45215333
w-well there ya go.
>>
>>45215333
Couldn't they skip the IP spoofing part?

I don't see what's so important about having the account owner's IP address info, unless the system verifies with email every time a new IP logs in.
>>
>>45214679
I miss old anonymous
>>
>>45215432
employees working in appeals department, as well as automated recovery systems will look at the IP address the user registered with and compare it to the IP being appealed from, you can't rely on the numbers because lot of ISP have addresses in different subnets, so they use the geolocation data and ISP registered to that IP. which can be spoofed by any registrar. my LIR friend registered me IPv4 address that resolve to antarctica and north korea.
>>
>>45214679
password was niggerhate1
>>
>>45215538
niggerHate1 to get that uppercase letter of course
>>
>>45215308
wow how's that superiority complex working out for you?
>>
>>45215308
It was more probably social engineering or they sent a "notavirus.exe.jpg" file to the person who administers the account
>>
>>45215560
nigger_Hate_1

>26 milion years to crack a typical desktop
>>
>>45215333
What does LIR stand for?
>>
>>45215523
Wouldn't that make whois obsolete?
How can anything be certain like that?

Does IPv6 fix that problem?
>>
File: FragrantHospitableDorado.webm (414 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
FragrantHospitableDorado.webm
414 KB, 600x450
>>
>>45215702
long island rail
>>
File: LIR.png (75 KB, 826x791) Image search: [Google]
LIR.png
75 KB, 826x791
>>45215702
>>
>>45215717
Thanks. I was using Ixquick. I didn't want to google it, but I figured that would probably tell me.
>>
>>45215738
I would probably use Ixquick it it looked and felt more like Google.

All anyone would have to do is make some custom CSS for ixquick or startpage with a Google style to it and I would change in a heartbeat.
>>
>>45215887
Are you an apple user, by chance?
>>
>>45215929
No.
>>
>>45215027
just because you can't
huehuehue
>>
>>45215738
>I use something with shitty results because muh ideology! xD
Kill yourself.
>>
>>45216262
I actually don't like being tracked. I understand that 4chan tracks me some, but I can still prevent it in other ways.

Usually, I get good results; I just didn't this time.
>>
>>45215506
they were always gay
>>
>>45216278
what is startpage.com
>>
>>45216600
Aren't startpage and ixquick the same service?
>>
>>45216609
startpage uses Google results
so basically a proxy

ixquick use their own algo
the same company is behind both
>>
>>45214679
>twitter is secure
who gives a fuck

anonymous (twitter) have always been faggots, sure are making a statement with this one.

Could be anyone.

>ITT 14 year olds looking for l33t haxs

I'm fairly new to /g/ how often do you cunts have to deal with these questions. I'd say it's quite often due to the nature of the board thinking /g/ is leet hax0rz
>>
>>45216642
Huh. I'll keep that in mind.
>>
>>45216659
>I'm fairly new to /g/ how often do you cunts have to deal with these questions. I'd say it's quite often due to the nature of the board thinking /g/ is leet hax0rz
A fair deal. We also get a lot of idiots from /v/.
>>
>>45216686
probably mostly asking about their imma build a PC. better make sure there's no bottleneck?
>>
>People disagree with me, better shut them down
>>
>>45216278
>I actually don't like being tracked.

>ixquick doesn't track me but google does because hurr
>>
>>45215333
Bravo for getting like three people with that nonsense.
>>
>YFW KKK didn't have two-auth setting active

get wrekd
>>
>>45215887
https://userstyles.org/styles/93995/sgl-2-0
Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.